Welcome Vaecordia

Old March 11th 10, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

Default introducing ourselves to Vaecordia and Marian Welcome Vaecordia

I suppose I should introduce myself too. I mostly lurk, but you will see
me post from time to time. I live in MA. I love counted work including
cross stitch
, hardanger, and beading. I love trying new things but haven't had very
much time to actually stitch lately. I've been married for 12 years and
we
are owned by 2 cats. I work as a software quality assurance engineer
for
a company that develops weather software, which is why you'll see a
lot of posts that are weather related from me. I'm also an avid reader
and love to garden and do photography.
-Margaret in MA

--
Margaret St. John
Let it snow!!
Old March 11th 10, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

Default Welcome Vaecordia

"Vaecordia" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

So tell us more about yourself....

Cheryl

Hi all! And thanks for the welcome. From what I have seen this has to be
ond of the friendliest newsgroups around. A rare thing these days.

Lets see.. what can I say...

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I'm an intermittently obsessive
stitcher. Cross stitch mostly. Although I do a bit of sewing when the
mood hits. As much as my mother would dearly love it, I just don't have
the interest in knitting or crochet at all. Used to do a lot of glass
paint pieces too, but my wrist can't take the outlining anymore.

I'm east coast Canadian, a Newfie Girl. One significant other, one
gigantic orange cat, and two black moor fishies. Work in health
education.

Just to fill me in, perhaps everyone else could re-introduce themselves?

thanks,
Vae.

Welcome to our group. You are right and this is the friendliest group and
possibly the most knowledgeable in a thousand areas. You can ask anything
and be certain you will get an answer, and happily that answer will probably
be correct and helpful.

I'm widowed and retired, living in Port St Lucie, FL, but at heart I am a
New Yorker and will remain so forever. I have one 8 lb. Maltese named Puff
who runs my life very efficiently and treats me like staff, lots of time on
my hands and a slew of great friends here in PSL and on the internet. I
have met several people through this newsgroup that I really consider more
then just acquaintances.

I have been doing some kind of needlework since I'm a little kid, including
knitting, crocheting, crewel embroidery, cross stitch and petit point and
sewed my own clothing for years. I've tried quilting and hardanger, but it
doesn't appeal to me so I only do it if I must. I love to try new things,
but I most always wind up going back to cross stitch, needlepoint, knitting
and crocheting, in that order. For me to be happy it's either read a book
or have a needle in my hand.

Happy to have you here and I hope you stay and participate.

Lucille

Old March 11th 10, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bobbieviorritto

I am Bobbie V. I live north of Cheryl in NH.

I do all kinds of needlework including hardanger, samplers, temari and
various knitting as time allows. Some of my finish projects are here

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...%20Needlework/

I am married and have three grown children and 2 grandsons. DSon #2 and
DDil are expecting in July. (Pretty good chance this one is a girl.) I
have recently returned from a month spent in San Diego where I spoiled
grand babies Kiato and Rikuto. Both my DDils and DD stitch as well.

I work as a Bridal Alterationist aka Bridal gown wrestler, which leaves
me time to stitch in the winter.

Bobbie Viorritto
Old March 11th 10, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 3/11/10 1:34 PM, "Lucille" wrote:

"Vaecordia" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

[...]

LOL - and then there will be a debate of what is the most bestest way, and
then someone will accuse someone else of dissing them.....But, certainly,
there will be answers. And truly there are some amazingly talented &
knowledgable stitchers in this group.

I'm widowed and retired, living in Port St Lucie, FL, but at heart I am a
New Yorker and will remain so forever. I have one 8 lb. Maltese named Puff
who runs my life very efficiently and treats me like staff, lots of time on
my hands and a slew of great friends here in PSL and on the internet. I
have met several people through this newsgroup that I really consider more
then just acquaintances.

Amen to that - some of use are lucky enough to get to meet in "real life" -
and have found true personal friends thru this group.

I have been doing some kind of needlework since I'm a little kid, including
knitting, crocheting, crewel embroidery, cross stitch and petit point and
sewed my own clothing for years. I've tried quilting and hardanger, but it
doesn't appeal to me so I only do it if I must. I love to try new things,
but I most always wind up going back to cross stitch, needlepoint, knitting
and crocheting, in that order. For me to be happy it's either read a book
or have a needle in my hand.

Happy to have you here and I hope you stay and participate.

Lucille

Indeed - from Ellice who hopes to get to S FL to see her family, and meet up
with Lucille in the not toooooo distant future.

Old March 11th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Vaecordia" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

[...]

Yes, yes & yes, but I was talking about everything, not just stitchers. It
seems to me that nearly everything is covered from soup recipes to
engineering questions, computers, photography, music and books and kitchen
appliances. You dream up the question and there just might be someone here
who can give you a detailed answer, or head you in the right direction so
you can do your own research.

[...]

That would be sooooooooooo nice. Maybe we could talk Gillian into taking a
ride down here then.

Old March 12th 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

"Vaecordia" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak wrote:

So tell us more about yourself....

Cheryl

Hi all! And thanks for the welcome. From what I have seen this has to
be
ond of the friendliest newsgroups around. A rare thing these days.

*snip*

[...]

We're hopeful - it would be really nice. Just waiting to get this mortgage
redo finalized....and the final determination on the big girl job. We're
very overdue for a trip to see my family in FL, so I'm hoping to work it out
within the next couple of months. And surely we'll get to meet - and I can
bring goodies.....And we can attempt to coax Gillian down!

Ellice

Old March 12th 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 3/11/10 6:37 PM, "Karen C - Calif" wrote:

Lucille wrote:

"ellice" wrote in message

LOL - and then there will be a debate of what is the most bestest way,
and
then someone will accuse someone else of dissing them.....But, certainly,
there will be answers. And truly there are some amazingly talented &
knowledgable stitchers in this group.

Yes, yes & yes, but I was talking about everything, not just
stitchers. It seems to me that nearly everything is covered from soup
recipes to engineering questions, computers, photography, music and
books and kitchen appliances. You dream up the question and there just
might be someone here who can give you a detailed answer, or head you in
the right direction so you can do your own research.

Yes, we have experts -- or experts' spouses -- on pretty much every topic.

Is it time for the Annual Mayo Wars yet?

Aaaaagghhhhhhh - has spring sprung????

Ellice

Old March 12th 10, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 3/12/10 6:45 AM, " wrote:

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 18:06:04 -0500, ellice
wrote:

LOL - and then there will be a debate of what is the most bestest way, and
then someone will accuse someone else of dissing them.....But, certainly,
there will be answers. And truly there are some amazingly talented &
knowledgable stitchers in this group.

You just proved my point !

No - you proved mine. Continuing conversation by adding an additional
comment with someone in your opinion evidently seems to be correcting -
which it isn't - at least when it's me adding the comment. That said, this
comment is correcting - or disagreeing. As I don't see how my adding a
jocular comment to Lucille's remark is in any way a correction.

So shall we take this to mean that any thing you say is an end-all to any
chat? Or are we allowed to comment further when other people make remarks?
Oh - yes - sarcasm switch on, to go along with your excellent use of editing
to only show what you care to.

Clearly, Lucille didn't feel she was corrected.

Ellice - who admires Sheena's clearly demonstrated stitching skills and
leaves the rest alone

Old March 12th 10, 06:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

wrote:

[...]

I respectfully ask that you leave me the hell out of this. I really don't
want to get in the middle of a "discussion" between two people that I
consider friends.

Can't you two agree to disagree?

Old March 12th 10, 07:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 3/12/10 1:12 PM, "Lucille" wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Sorry - but the poke at me was made with reference to my response to you,
that's all - not taking your name in vain.

Can't you two agree to disagree?

Absolutely.

Ellice