Is everyone quilting?

Old November 10th 05, 04:46 AM
Pat in Virginia

Default Is everyone quilting?

It is so quiet here. I guess everyone is too busy quilting to
post. That is commendable, but I am shocked you haven't said a
peep for at least 13 hours! Wow.

I did some sewing today .... finally. I made a spool block. This
one was for a group BOM. I really have to work on the sewing
room. I walked into it today, and the UFOs attacked me!! If I
would get those under control (read resolved) the room would be
less cluttered. Not to say neat yet, but certainly less cluttered.

No time for that now. I am getting ready for a quilters' retreat.
This will be my first one. I am looking forward to it. NOTE: DH
and assistants will be on stash guard.

PAT in VA/USA
Old November 10th 05, 05:01 AM
Taria

I think there has been some chatter here Pat.

I've been quilting. I just got 30 feathered
star blocks together and am working on the chevron
border. I am pretty sick of feathered stars.
DD helped me work out the border design. This is the
closest I have gotten her to quilting in a long time.
At 21 she has little interest and really doesn't
understand the idea of cutting up fabric to put
back together again.

Quilters retreat sounds very fun. Have a good time.
Taria

Old November 10th 05, 05:10 AM
maryd

I've seen lots of posts today between my stints at the sewing machine. I'm
working on the quilt for DGS that is due in Jan.

--
Mary

:

Old November 10th 05, 05:17 AM
frood

Pat, is that spool block for the retreat? I've been unable to come up with
an idea for a block. I've been sorting and packing, deciding what to take
with me. Oh, and shopping!

Yes, I'm going on the retreat with Pat. I'm excited! And I'm leaving Spike
and Giles in charge of fabric stash guarding. Just so you know, they have no
idea where the chocolate stash is!
--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply

Old November 10th 05, 05:31 AM
Polly Esther

I've been quilting like crazy but had to stop and go get my flu shot. Top
this! I got the shot at the florist's shop. Many of our doctors and
doctors' offices and clinics are gone, just gone. Apparently, getting fresh
flowers shipped into Katrina county is not easy and the florist had plenty
of room.
Came back to the Swamp to another funny. There was a road safety sort
of person in front of our house with a flag and stop sign. Her assignment
was to flag down anybody that tried to go by. DH explained to her that in
our 7 years in the Swamp, he had only seen 2 cars go past. One turned
around. We don't know about the other one.
There was some giant size heavy equipment on our road removing debris
and her assignment was to keep the traffic smooth. She had a nice day.
Polly

Old November 10th 05, 06:43 AM
Christina in Ok

I have been checking the group, and yes quilting too.
I remember a time, when I would brake from quilting to find 1000 post, what
even happened to the group?

Old November 10th 05, 07:04 AM
melinda

Pat in Virginia wrote:
It is so quiet here. I guess everyone is too busy quilting to
post. That is commendable, but I am shocked you haven't said a
peep for at least 13 hours! Wow.

I did some sewing today .... finally. I made a spool block. This
one was for a group BOM. I really have to work on the sewing
room. I walked into it today, and the UFOs attacked me!! If I
would get those under control (read resolved) the room would be
less cluttered. Not to say neat yet, but certainly less cluttered.

No time for that now. I am getting ready for a quilters' retreat.
This will be my first one. I am looking forward to it. NOTE: DH
and assistants will be on stash guard.

PAT in VA/USA

It's too blah here weather wise to even think about ANY sort
of sewing! It's hot and humid even with the A/C going, which
affects my ability to think clearly. I need to make some
shirts for DS, trying to get a tab front collar working -
need to talk to DM about that my first attempt at following the
instructions was horrible. Once I get all the other sewing out
of the way I may have a bit of time to get back to piecing,
but then again it may just end up being time to start winter
sewing for DS.....

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol
Old November 10th 05, 07:21 AM
marbles_2

I've been finally getting back to quilting after fighting a raging
chest cold for over a week. YUCK!! (I'm at the stage where you just
cough for no apparent reason.) I'd get home from work too exhausted to
do anything but sit and read posts.

I'm making a Christmas present for my sister which will be the
strangest thing she's ever had. It's a wallhanging combination of
Laurel Burch jungle song prints in with teal and blue and yellow and
purple batiks. I'm doing machine quilting now, and gave up trying to be
fancy with some purple metallic thread (it keeps breaking). I've
discovered I really like to sort of do a freestyle doodling and am
feeling much more comfortable with it. Somewhere along the way I'm
realizing that it doesn't matter what anyone in the world will say
about a piece I'm making.... if I'm learning and creating and having a
good time....then that is nirvana for me!!! And if my sister doesn't
like her present, then it's too bad for her!!

Annie

Old November 10th 05, 07:34 AM
Marcella Peek

In article 5ozcf.2266$ih5.679@dukeread11,
Pat in Virginia wrote:

It is so quiet here. I guess everyone is too busy quilting to
post. That is commendable, but I am shocked you haven't said a
peep for at least 13 hours! Wow.

I did some sewing today .... finally. I made a spool block. This
one was for a group BOM. I really have to work on the sewing
room. I walked into it today, and the UFOs attacked me!! If I
would get those under control (read resolved) the room would be
less cluttered. Not to say neat yet, but certainly less cluttered.

No time for that now. I am getting ready for a quilters' retreat.
This will be my first one. I am looking forward to it. NOTE: DH
and assistants will be on stash guard.

PAT in VA/USA

Yep, I've been applique-ing away on my class sample. I finally finished
it and as a reward I made a tote bag for myself from an Amy Butler
pattern called the Chelsea tote. Nice bag but I changed the directions
a bit. Second one I've made so I knew where the problems were.

Seems like there's been lots of messages lately though.

Have fun at your retreat! Cleaning will always wait. Too bad you have
so many on guard or the quilt fairy could have dropped by to neaten
things up.

marcella
Old November 10th 05, 09:39 AM
Patti

I've been getting more posts than usual, PAT.
Perhaps you need to check your incoming mechanics?
Yes, I'm quilting, making the embroidered squares for my tiny Redwork.
I've done the little 9-patches!
..
In message 5ozcf.2266$ih5.679@dukeread11, Pat in Virginia
writes
It is so quiet here. I guess everyone is too busy quilting to post.
That is commendable, but I am shocked you haven't said a peep for at
least 13 hours! Wow.

I did some sewing today .... finally. I made a spool block. This one
was for a group BOM. I really have to work on the sewing room. I walked
into it today, and the UFOs attacked me!! If I would get those under
control (read resolved) the room would be less cluttered. Not to say
neat yet, but certainly less cluttered.

No time for that now. I am getting ready for a quilters' retreat. This
will be my first one. I am looking forward to it. NOTE: DH and
assistants will be on stash guard.

PAT in VA/USA

--
Best Regards