Ok I'm back to share a happy thing.

Old August 23rd 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Ok I'm back to share a happy thing.

WTG, Fay!! Does your new 'child' have a
name yet? PAT

Fey wrote:

Had to take a break to get the house quilt sorted.
Finished the top and basted it to some batting and a backing fabric. I
have started in on the quilting. Now for the good part. I was
struggling with my lower end domestic machine - like if it would just
sew a stright line and not turn left when it hit a seam would be nice.
Muttered my comoplaints within earshot of Mother. She said, "I have a
spare machine at home. You can have a play with it and if you like it,
you can keep it."
So yesterday I went round and picked it up. I think I counted 5 other
machines dotted around the spare oom, plus the one on the dining table.
She'd already given one to my youngest sister.

So now I am the proud owner of a Janome Memory Craft 6500. All the
bells and whistles. Still grinning like an idiot.

NO excuses now.Have to finish the quilt!

Cheers, Fay

Old August 23rd 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Fey

Pat in Virginia wrote:
WTG, Fay!! Does your new 'child' have a
name yet? PAT

I'm supposed to name them?
Well the other one might be named, "You mongrel B*%^@~ of a machine!"

Perhaps I should just begin to number them?

Fay

Old August 23rd 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Look:
- Under the sofa ... or behind it.
- In the Linen Closet, under the sheets
that don't fit any of the beds she still
owns, but are too nice to discard.
- Behind the bookcase in the spare room.
While you are looking, keep an eye out
for my Black Timex Sports Watch.
Ta, PAT

Fey wrote:

Sandy Ellison wrote:

Howdy!

Yee-Haw!

Great story, Fay.
Congrats on the Janome,
and a mom who understands. ;-D

Ragmop/Sandy

Thanks to you all. If my Mum would just remember where she put the
extension table for the my happiness would be complete. It was all very
well to find the legs for it, but a pretty big sheet of perspexto fit
them - nope!

Old August 23rd 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

snorfle.
so you lost track of time, eh, Pat?
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Pat in Virginia" wrote...

Old August 23rd 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

roflmao, love that name, works for me.
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Fey" wrote...

Old August 23rd 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

wooo hooo what a great mom!

enjoy!

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old August 23rd 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Dancing in the moonlight for ya, Fey!

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old August 23rd 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Denise in NH

Fay, congrats on your new Janome 6500. You'll love it. I've had it for
a couple of years now and I have no complaints. A couple of months ago I
bought the EZ-Quilter II to machine quilt, but until last week had not
used it. Well, I finally put the Janome on the frame and machine
quilted 4 quilts in 2 days. Actually, I did 2 and my friend did 2, then
this past weekend, at the World Quilt Show, she also bought the Easy
Quilter II.

I also like the Janome 6500 for its writing capabilities. I can make
cool labels with it. The great selections of stitches are perfect for
crazy quilts too.

Did you get the instruction book with it? I know you'll really enjoy
this machine.

Denise
http://community.webtv.net/DeniseJG/
My QI

Old August 23rd 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
pomodoro

uhhhh but SHE is fantastic!!!

I'm a little bit invidious....!!!

congratulations... and have fun!!!
nicoletta

Old August 23rd 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Wonderful! (I'm up for adoption ;-)
Roberta in D

"Fey" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
[...]

OT - I'm back! Did ya miss me? ;o) MRH Yarn 34 February 21st 06 06:55 PM
OT - Back for a short visit MRH Yarn 6 October 2nd 05 03:30 AM
OT I am back finally and a new cleaning thing for those of you with chemical sensitivies... Roberta Quilting 15 May 22nd 04 11:20 AM