Franklin, not White OT

Old April 18th 04, 10:15 PM
Diana Curtis

Default Franklin, not White OT

The treadle is not a White as I thought, but a Franklin with scarab beetle
decals. If you would like to see the cabinet and head they are in the
Machines folder at the below url.
Now, how did I make such a mistake? The cabinet isnt in great shape. I didnt
spend a lot of time opening the front door to look inside to see what the
head looked like. Its was dark in there. There were spider webs. My glasses
were dirty. In just looking at it thru the top I .... oh shoot.. I havent a
*clue* how I made this mistake.
Do I care? Not much. Its still making me smile. The real change is its
name which was to be Polly White, and now is PollyBug Franklin.
Diana
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamom44/my_photos

Old April 18th 04, 10:48 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
A Polly by any other name... . Is this one nekkid?
Hey, Diana, could you stand back a bit for the next picture,
maybe get some background and stash in the view? pleeeeease?!!!?
*snicker*

Ragmop/Sandy

Old April 18th 04, 11:24 PM
CNYstitcher

Diana Curtis wrote:

The treadle is not a White as I thought, but a Franklin with scarab beetle
decals. If you would like to see the cabinet and head they are in the
Machines folder at the below url.
Now, how did I make such a mistake? The cabinet isnt in great shape. I didnt
spend a lot of time opening the front door to look inside to see what the
head looked like. Its was dark in there. There were spider webs. My glasses
were dirty. In just looking at it thru the top I .... oh shoot.. I havent a
*clue* how I made this mistake.
Do I care? Not much. Its still making me smile. The real change is its
name which was to be Polly White, and now is PollyBug Franklin.
Diana
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lunamom44/my_photos

Whoa!!!!!!!!! This could be a twin to the one that I have - my
great-grandmothers (or is great-great-grandmothers??) machine. Mine is
in non-working condition as DH was trying to clean it up and broke a
"little metal thingy" and he isn't sure what it is. It also needs a new
belt...ah well....So, if I can figure out what piece he broke, or at
least where the piece goes in the machine, maybe you could take a
picture of yours for me so that I can hunt up a replacement piece??

Larisa
--
Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations

Old April 18th 04, 11:45 PM
Diana Curtis

Sure I could get pictures of the stash! Then all you nice donors can spend
time saying.. oooh.. thats the piece *I* gave her..
Polly is totally Nekkid now. Clean as a bath of Murphys Oil Soap can make
her, and flaunting her nice oak outters, and fancy smancy decals. Bold and
saucy, just like her namesake.
Diana

om...

Old April 18th 04, 11:49 PM
Diana Curtis

I could indeed. Its a rather largish machine, would it maybe more helpful
for you to go to the ismacs site and see their exploded views of Domestic
Machines (which is what Ive learned it truly is, a badged machine, made by
Domestic, for Sears and Roebuck)? Or narrow it down which area you need
pictures of?
Diana

Old April 19th 04, 12:10 AM
Kathy Applebaum

Coooooool decals!

I'm green with envy.
--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old April 19th 04, 12:28 AM
Diana Curtis

Would you be interested in picking up a White Mission style treadle cabinet,
no machine head? Free... Pick up in WI... That might ease the envy... maybe?
Diana

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
. com...
Coooooool decals!

I'm green with envy.

Old April 19th 04, 02:22 AM
frood

Hey, even better! I think Franklin's are less common than Whites, aren't
they? A rare find for a rare bird.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply

Old April 19th 04, 03:09 AM
Diana Curtis

I might be one of those flightless birds from New Zealand thats threatened
by feral cats. A quilty bird...
with long legs so I can treadle.
thank you!
Diana

om...

Old April 19th 04, 03:39 AM
Polly Esther

Gee. I go off to quilt and all of you run amuck. PollyBug Franklin? Mercy.
What a namesake. I suppose a special gift is in order for my (?) namesake.
Would she like a flyswatter? Handpieced (i before e) of course. Polly