What Has Happened to This Newsgroup??

Old November 2nd 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
patetc

Default What Has Happened to This Newsgroup??

There haven't been any new messages posted--what's happened? Don't tell me
that there aren't knitters and crocheters out there who like to read the
posts.

Pat

Old November 2nd 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Nov 2, 5:47*pm, "patetc" wrote:
There haven't been any new messages posted--what's happened? *Don't tell me
that there aren't knitters and crocheters out there who like to read the
posts.

Pat

Maybe the American based writers are getting ready to vote ,,,
Ps I wish you all a nice voting day on Tuersday , may each person vote
for the person he/she thinks is best ....

Yes Pat we should discuss some more knitting crocheting weaving
etc...
I really should get back to my loom , i have cut off one work from
this warp and haven`t startedthe next weave from it ,,,,,, not nice of
me ...
But i am in the midst of knitting crocheting embroidering and
translating ,,,, longer darker evenings will help me work more on all
techniques ...
mirjam
Old November 2nd 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Cheryl[_3_]

As a newcomer, I think it would be great to get this group going again. Lets
do something fun. Are we allowed to swap patterns? Is there something that
someone would like to try and never has? Maybe someone can research how to
do it and we can all learn something new? Are we allowed to post pictures?
Maybe we could all post a picture of the projects we are working on? Or a
past project?

--
~ Cheryl

Old November 3rd 08, 01:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Edna

Here you go, this is my latest project. A knitting bag...Free pattern from
Knitting Daily I think.
The knitting needles are part of the bag. I used a pair of old wooden ones.

Christmas gift for DD

http://members.optushome.com.au/tech...ting%20bag.jpg

Edna

Old November 3rd 08, 06:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Nov 2, 7:52*pm, "Edna" wrote:
Here you go, this is my latest project. A knitting bag...Free pattern from
Knitting Daily I think.
The knitting needles are part of the bag. I used a pair of old wooden ones.

Christmas gift for DD

http://members.optushome.com.au/tech...ting%20bag.jpg

Very nice, Edna, but how are you going to keep the stitches on the
needles?

Higs,
Katherine
Old November 4th 08, 06:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Edna

The last row is knitted with the much larger needles which makes them very
tight and you use a dab of superglue on the last few stitches near the
pointed end.
They won't go anywhere.

Edna

Old November 8th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Carole[_2_]

This is the first time I have ever been on, just discovered the web
sight. I am looking for a pattern for a crocheted winter hat, any
help?????? I will be on here again, if I can find it, what do I type in
to get to just this sight? CArole & of coarse Koalee, he is my buddy
since I lost my hubby.

Old November 12th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samatha Hill -- take out TRASH to reply

You may be seeing this on a web site, but this is not a web site. This
is Usenet.

If you plunk "free crochet winter hat pattern" into Google, you will
find tons of patterns. If you put "crochet pattern central" into
Google, you will find a web site that has TONS of free crochet patterns.
If you put "free crochet patterns" into Google, you will find even more.

Check out what's out there and pick what strikes your fancy.

Old January 15th 09, 12:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Of course there are posters and readers! Or at least I am here - after my
long break, though. But I am here.
Best: Pirjo

Old January 15th 09, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Lynne Baron[_2_]

Pirjo, So glad to see you here again!! I have missed reading of your
adventures. I hope all has been well with you. Tell us about your long
break......Lynne from MI (USA)