Intarsia and fair isle

Old October 18th 03, 04:44 PM
Knitterbugs

Default Intarsia and fair isle

Hi everyone;

Does anyone know of a knitting magazine that has intarsia and/or fair isle
patterns in it? I know they all do once in a while, but I'm looking for one
that has these patterns more often. I remember years ago they had more
intarsia patterns. I used to get McCalls needlecrafts magazine, and it always
had a couple of sweater patterns with animals, flowers, and things like that on
them. A friend of mine was telling me they have more intarsia patterns in
knitting magazines in other countries like the United Kingdom (I'm in the USA).
Is that true? Any information on finding a knitting magazine with intarsia
patterns will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
~Pam

http://members.aol.com/knitterbugs
Old October 20th 03, 03:51 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
the Fall 2003 issue of Interweave knits has an article about Intarsia
in the round , [page 94]
mirjam

Yes, and it's an extremely informative and well-written article!
Noreen

---

Old October 20th 03, 04:28 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Old October 21st 03, 02:58 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

The funny thing is Noreen !!!
thati have been `intarsing` almost `all ` mylife , but i didn`t call
it intarsia, just called it using several colors !!!!!or knitting with
several colors ,,,,, it was trying and making errors until i found out
how to better my work ,,,, i remember it was a thrill , we had fewer
threads , fewer colors we had to do with what we had , and also FOllow
rigid rules of DO and Don`ts ,,,,,,
ps i will never forget the day i worked out that in order to have neat
color changes in crochet i have to make the last loop of a dc inthe
`next` color ,,,,
mirjam

Old October 21st 03, 04:26 PM
Richard Eney

In article ,
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
The funny thing is Noreen !!!
thati have been `intarsing` almost `all ` mylife , but i didn`t call
it intarsia, just called it using several colors !!!!!or knitting with
several colors

Or 'knitting pictures'. It's like the man who discovered that all his
life he had been speaking in prose.

=Tamar