Mirjam

Old July 25th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

Default Thursday July 20th 09.31 after a night in the Shelter Mirjam

"Tegan" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
It is only by reading and asking that [ and studying] that i learned
much about Christians , Muslims and Druze.

I'm staying FAR away from any discussions regarding the current
situations, other than to wish Mirjam and all hers as much safety as
possible. However, I'm curious about this one word you used: Druze?
Who? Where religion is concerned, I'll admit to almost complete
ignorance, but I thought I knew most of the players... I've never heard
this one before, or if I have, it's been by another name.

Stay safe, Mirjam!
Tegan

Last week John remarked (sarcastically, as I thought) that the Lebanese
would be brought over here in droves and given council houses.

Yesterday 600 arrived and are at Colchester Garrison, awaiting
accommodation!

How the devil do we know that half of them aren`t Hisbollah? What do you
think of that, Jim!

Pat P

Old July 25th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Tegan
living in this part of the world , one can not ignore any Group of the
many minorities that live here.we open our minds, we ask and see,.

The Druz are a small nation , which origins in the area aprox
between Syria and iraq. The Area where the big wars between the
[anciet] Persians and the [ancient] Greek fought, And if you are lucky
enough to know a bit about their [secret] religion it has reminders of
both these cultures.
The Druze are divided mainly between Syria, Lebanon and Israel,
They are wonderful people. Culturely they claim to be the desendents
of JITRO [from the Bible ] Moses` father in law.
mirjam
We ahd another alram while i wrote this letter , this is a very busy
day .

Old July 25th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
F.James Cripwell

"Pat P" ) writes:
Last week John remarked (sarcastically, as I thought) that the Lebanese
would be brought over here in droves and given council houses.

Yesterday 600 arrived and are at Colchester Garrison, awaiting
accommodation!

How the devil do we know that half of them aren`t Hisbollah? What do you
think of that, Jim!

Pat P

One cannot possibly answer such a question without knowing what
passports they have, on what basis they came in to your country, what
religion they have, etc. etc.

Old July 25th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"F.James Cripwell" wrote in message
"Pat P" ) writes:
Last week John remarked (sarcastically, as I thought) that the Lebanese
would be brought over here in droves and given council houses.

Yesterday 600 arrived and are at Colchester Garrison, awaiting
accommodation!

How the devil do we know that half of them aren`t Hisbollah? What do you
think of that, Jim!

Pat P

One cannot possibly answer such a question without knowing what
passports they have, on what basis they came in to your country, what
religion they have, etc. etc.

Even with all of those specifics how do we know that they`re genuine?
Passports really don`t mean much these days, nor do any of the other
criteria.

Pat P

Old July 26th 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Fred

The Druze may be wonderful people as you say but the Israeli government
refused to build bomb shelters in the Druze villages and Daa Abbas, 15, was
sitting in her living room watching TV with her mother and brother when a
rocket hit the house, claiming her life in the Druze village of Mghar. IIRC
none or very few of the Arab-Israelis in Israel have access to bomb shelters
either.

With all the media focused on Lebanon the Zionist slaughter is getting worse
in the Gaza concentration camp and very little is reported about it on this
side of the pond.

This conflict is not going to go away quickly so do what ever you can to be
safe.

Fred

Old July 26th 06, 10:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

I advice you to check your facts before claiming such claims,
Local shelters are municipality`s responsibility, and the way each
treats this is problematic .. I worked 7 years with the Urban planning
maps of our late friend Dov Chernobroda who was murderded in a terror
act. He worked most his planning in the Arab communities, and it was
always a big debate, to force them to use this money for shelters.
Part of it being their belief that their vilages won`t be hit , by
the Arab countries. Partly because of Local politics, leaning hard on
tribal connections.
In Haifa Arabs and Jews share houses and of course they sit now
together in many of the communal shelters.

The Druze may be wonderful people as you say but the Israeli government
refused to build bomb shelters in the Druze villages and Daa Abbas, 15, was
sitting in her living room watching TV with her mother and brother when a
rocket hit the house, claiming her life in the Druze village of Mghar. IIRC
none or very few of the Arab-Israelis in Israel have access to bomb shelters
either.

For somebody claiming that every woman wearing a headscarf is a
potential muslim terrorist you sure are quick to adopt muslim
terrorist terminology.
With all the media focused on Lebanon the Zionist slaughter is getting worse
in the Gaza concentration camp and very little is reported about it on this
side of the pond.

if it won`t be solved here ,, you will soon feel it affecting your
life ,,, with all your long writings here , how come you didn`t see
that Using all this Weapons here , is maybe a testground to see how
the `free` world reacts ....
mirjam

Old July 26th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote
..... For somebody claiming that every woman wearing a headscarf is a
potential muslim terrorist you sure are quick to adopt muslim
terrorist terminology.

Ummm, Mirjam -- I think you have Fred mixed up with Jim. I could be
mistaken but I don't ever remember Fred making reference to Muslim
women, headscarfs, etc. Jim is the one who finds this a subject of
concern. Stay safe & CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old July 26th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Ps i forgot to add that there are many houses , from before the 60th
all over Israel , where there are no shelters, Nothing to do with the
who the oweners are , but with the Age of the house ,,
mirjam

Old July 27th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Sorry if i have mixed those 2 men ,, you know from here they all look
alike ,,`to quote ` some famous sayings ,,,,
mirjam

LOLOL -- glad to see your sense of humor is still OK :-)))! Does
anyone actually know where that saying comes from -- it's used in all
sorts of situations. Did Mae West once use it?? CiaoMeow ^;;^

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Craftkitten Yarn 7 May 13th 06 08:20 AM
letter from Gemini, special attn: Mirjam norma woods Yarn 0 July 6th 04 07:06 PM
reply to Mirjam Jan Lennie Needlework 42 November 24th 03 08:30 AM
MIRJAM..Thankyou... Cher Yarn 4 November 8th 03 03:40 PM