Ot Synagogue in Turkey blown up

Old November 17th 03, 04:48 PM
F.James Cripwell

stitcher ) writes:
snip
So shall we deport all muslims, restrict imigration to
white christians?? protestant or catholic?? Perhaps the world is
changing as it does historically and usually through conquest and
terror.

Ruby

No we dont need to deport Muslims, or restrict immigration. The
vaste majority of immigrants always were, and hopefully always will be
welcome in Canada. But fundamentalist Muslims who live in Canada are going
to have to learn to live like Caesar's wife. Not only do they need not to
be terrorists, they must learn to make in clear to all and sundry that
they are not terrorists. Flaunting their fundamental Muslim beliefs in
Canada may lead our authorities to regard them with some
suspicion. They can rail about discrimination, but I am afraid that IMHO,
if our authorities keep close tabs on all fundamentalist Muslims in
Canada, they need only blame those of their bretheren who practice world wide
terrorism.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old November 17th 03, 06:25 PM
Ellice

On 11/15/03 7:07 AM,"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" posted:

In two Terror acts during Shabat prayers in Istanbul 24 dead and
many wounded .....
mirjam

So sad. We were at a Bat Mitzvah when this happened. That evening there was
a 'pool party' for the kids post the real reception. Several couples of
friends (the out of towners, and us, the parents of the girl) were all
hanging out, and had a sad and serious talk and prayers about this awful
occurrence.

ellice

Old November 17th 03, 07:01 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply wrote:
We are obviously defining "fear" differently. The level of fear I am
talking about is one step above concerned and aware and is no where near the
level needed to have a deleterious impact on decision making capabilities.
Perhaps you didn't read all of my original post or I didn't explain myself well
enough so that those reading were able to comprehend the point I was trying to
make. CiaoMeow ^;;^

"Concern and aware" is enough, in my opinion. Anything beyond that
causes a number of problems, such as paranoia. Even tiny bits of
paranoia are dangerous. I'm concerned and aware that there are hazards
while driving and take defensive driving seriously. I'm even concerned
and aware enough while driving that I know that there are very likely
fools out there with an "attitude" who would resort to "road rage" in a
heartbeat. So, I am cautious, but not so cautious that it restricts me
in my movements, or that I go under the assumption that the guy in the
car next to me is "one of *them*". (I don't think you meant that degree).

It is also vividly apparent to me that we have such social problems in
the U.S. that is causing "road rage", uncivility, mass frustration, job
loss, deminished educational opportunities, lack of health care,
homelessness, so I know that we have to resolve these problems with
different solutions that don't hurt one at the expense of the other.
(Did you know that they calculate future prison needs by adding up
troubled children in schools and extrapolating results?)

That is how we must look at world events as well. A "new" thinking.
Not paranoia, nor fear, nor defensiveness, nor posturing, nor religious
ferver, nor a host of new restrictive rules which only serve those in power.

Dianne

Old November 17th 03, 07:04 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Good for you, Tamira! I hope I live long enough to see 2012. When none
of this "stuff" happens, maybe we can ALL re-evaluate things sanely.
Dianne

Tamira wrote:

A friend has informed me that according to prophesy and Revelations the end of
the world will be in the year 2012 and that I have 8 years to come to God
before the end. I told her that God is already part of my life and I don't
need to come to Him since i am already there

I read a tract the other day stating that 1914 was the year of the start
of the
end, and that's why we're having all the wars and pestilence, etc. etc.
My goodness, do any of these people read about all the wars and
pestilence in history? It didn't just start in 1914.

Old November 17th 03, 10:20 PM
KDLark

It is the "chicken little"
attitude in the US that bothers me. the sheer sense of chaos and fear
that has your government running off to war without a plan or even a
concern that it may aggravate the problem rather than solve it., which
is exactly what terrorists are trying to accomplish.

Maybe I'm a cynic, but I think that the government ran off to war for reasons
that have more to do with the President's hubris than anything else. Most
people I know seemed pretty sure we could stomp the terrorists to oblivion PDQ.
Smug self-righteousness was there, I think, but not "chaos and fear."

Katrina L.
Old November 18th 03, 06:54 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Ellice ,
did you read that there was a Bar Mitzwa in one of the Synagogues ?
one person lost family again after his lost his father and sister in a
previous attack 20 years ago ,,, it is so sad.
mirjam

Old November 18th 03, 08:43 AM
Ellice

On 11/18/03 1:54 AM,"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" posted:

Thank you Ellice ,
did you read that there was a Bar Mitzwa in one of the Synagogues ?
one person lost family again after his lost his father and sister in a
previous attack 20 years ago ,,, it is so sad.
mirjam

Actually they mentioned it on the NPR report which I heard. Really struck us
all, given what we were doing. Somewhat sombering. It is so sad.

Old November 18th 03, 01:31 PM
Patricia Rogers

Thank you, Ruby. Lest we forget.............

Pat in Illinois

And make them all wear an arm patch perhaps that sets them apart and
makes it easier to keep tabs on them. A tatoo would be a better idea.
Then we could do random checks to make sure THEY stay with in
designated areas so as to make them easier to keep tabs on. Those we
suspect of having fundamentalist views but claim otherwise we could
torture into confessing. And all who have had a fundamentalist
relative just incase some may have been influenced.
Send all the children to christian boarding schools, force them to
only speak english/french.
And they would have only their brethren who have committed terrorist
acts to blame.

Ruby

Old November 18th 03, 03:09 PM
Cher

Oh Mirjam, this is so very very sad. I do wish people would remember we
are all earthlings and stop this fighting and arguing.

Prayers for those needing it.

Cher..

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
Thank you Ellice ,
did you read that there was a Bar Mitzwa in one of the Synagogues ?
one person lost family again after his lost his father and sister in a
previous attack 20 years ago ,,, it is so sad.
mirjam

On 11/15/03 7:07 AM,"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" posted:

In two Terror acts during Shabat prayers in Istanbul 24 dead and
many wounded .....
mirjam

So sad. We were at a Bat Mitzvah when this happened. That evening there

was
a 'pool party' for the kids post the real reception. Several couples of
friends (the out of towners, and us, the parents of the girl) were all
hanging out, and had a sad and serious talk and prayers about this awful
occurrence.

ellice

---

Advert.- Hand blown glass Necklace and Earrings sets, animals, figurines. Robin Pyke Marketplace 2 October 30th 04 08:20 AM
AD: BOO! Blown Ghost Vessel and more up! - Tink Tinkster Beads 12 October 26th 04 06:58 PM
Blown Glass Instruction In Atlanta Area? Richard D Glass 3 February 19th 04 12:49 PM
Blown Ornament I Made - OT Tink Beads 6 November 25th 03 08:27 PM
blown glass pi007 Marketplace 0 November 7th 03 03:32 AM