What are you stitching

Old June 7th 11, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default What are you stitching

Me - I found this tiny Ink Circles chart - it was the address label from
when I won one of her door prizes. I'm stitching with a Carrie's
Creation called Caribbean Laney.

I just finished over the weekend my previous purse project of an Aussie
wildflower called a howhai. Have to think about how I'm going to "finish
it". I've been thinking about a quilted pillow

Current purse project is a ladybug. What, why are you all laughing

Old June 7th 11, 07:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Janet[_3_]

I'm working of Witches Wheel by Glendon Place. I never thought I
would ever stitch anything Halloween but it just spoke to me. I've
finished the cross stitch and just have to add the 1,500 beads. The
chart calls for regular size Mill Hill beads but they were too big for
me to try to fuss with so I ordered petite beads and am waiting for
them to arrive.

http://www.abcstitch.com/optioncart/...0Place&all=yes

Janet

Old June 7th 11, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Margaret St. John

On 2011-06-07, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Me - I found this tiny Ink Circles chart - it was the address label from
when I won one of her door prizes. I'm stitching with a Carrie's
Creation called Caribbean Laney.

I just finished over the weekend my previous purse project of an Aussie
wildflower called a howhai. Have to think about how I'm going to "finish
it". I've been thinking about a quilted pillow

Current purse project is a ladybug. What, why are you all laughing

I'm hoping to find some time this weekend to get back to stitching. I'm
working on Paryer the worlds greatest wireless connection in the latest
StoneyCreek magazine issue. It's a Christmas present that may be
finished
early for a change.
-Margaret in MA

--
Margaret St. John
Old June 7th 11, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

On 6/7/11 9:29 AM, in article , "Cheryl Isaak"
wrote:

Me - I found this tiny Ink Circles chart - it was the address label from
when I won one of her door prizes. I'm stitching with a Carrie's
Creation called Caribbean Laney.

I just finished over the weekend my previous purse project of an Aussie
wildflower called a howhai. Have to think about how I'm going to "finish
it". I've been thinking about a quilted pillow

Current purse project is a ladybug. What, why are you all laughing

Of course we're all laughing.

I'm trying to make myself finish planting stuff. And then I'll try to
repair my hands (despite the gloves). And then I'm working again on the
Jane Zimmerman "4 Stars" which is kind of a combination of "Farmers
Daughter" expanded with "Granada" - seen on this page. And some techniques
that aren't shown in either of these. Donna can attest to the anality with
which I work on this. This was the last IRL class that Jane was to teach,
and actually we had a substitute (Leigh Shaeffer - who had piloted it, and
is a fabulous, feisty gal whom I suspect would fit right in with the GOWs,
and has a company doing finishing in Sedona - she used to own an LNS in
SoCal).
http://www.janezimmerman.com/Site/Student_Gallery.html

Hoping to finish another piece called "Golden Gingko Kimono" -by Toni
Gerdes. You can see it here. Each of ours looks different as we used a
variety of gingko leaf shapes and placements, and get to freeform a bit the
blackwork sections. It's not easy to stitch over the foil - but is
stunning. Can't use extra light 'cause the gold foil reflects the light
back into you. Essentially the foil is like hot-leafing onto the ground
fabric, then it's stitched over - so 'cause of the light thing it's all
about using magnification - and patience. Anyhow - scroll down the page and
you'll find it.
http://www.tonigerdes.com/workshops

Neither of these pictures does the subject justice at all. Not that my
stitching is so wondrous - but the pieces themselves are really stunning
IRL. And convincing myself that the constant laying tool usage is worth it
- on the Jane piece, without a laying tool the silk just doesn't do right -
as the filling stitches tend to be multiple plies laid over metallic. Some
of them are 4 plies laid, over metal, then tied down with 3 plies. I'm
starting to hate Au Ver a Soie as it really fuzzes, and pretty much you have
to use long (like 36") lengths for some of these. Definitely using thread
heaven, cause when I didn't it was worse. Also coping with the Japan gold
is the trade off - as it's a little kinky, and slips - but I've got it kind
of knotted into the eye, and again - Thread Heaven is helping (took me a
while to try it). Some places it's silk couching thread, which has to be
waxed. So I look like a stitching junk store with all the accoutrements
when I'm working on this - stand, light, magnifier, laying tool, multiple
scissors, 4 needle sizes, hemostats (for pulling thru on back), magnets -
important 'cause some of this is 2 or 3 needles in use simultaneously.

Anyhow - I need to know soon if I'll have these finished to get to the
framer by August so I can have them back to take with to ANG in San Antonio
for the exhibit. Which is why I'm working on them now.

Next week - back to teaching pieces (read this new designs I'm trying to get
finished). One of which is using the hot foil technique.

OK - bored everyone enough, I'm sure!

Ellice

Old June 7th 11, 08:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jun 7, 9:29*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Me - I found this tiny Ink Circles chart - it was the address label from
when I won one of her door prizes. I'm stitching with a Carrie's
Creation called Caribbean Laney.

I just finished over the weekend my previous purse project of an Aussie
wildflower called a howhai. Have to think about how I'm going to "finish
it". I've been thinking about a quilted pillow

Current purse project is a ladybug. What, why are you all laughing

Back to working on page 5 of Fractal 53 after a hiatus for lots
of yard work. Not that I'm done, just waiting to attack the back
steps and grateful it rained today although the Three Rivers
Arts Festival folks are dealing with the aftermath of gusty winds.

I've promised myself once I get page 5 half done I'll pick up
something else.

Nancy
Old June 8th 11, 11:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sara

On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 09:29:40 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

Me - I found this tiny Ink Circles chart - it was the address label from
when I won one of her door prizes. I'm stitching with a Carrie's
Creation called Caribbean Laney.

Still chugging along with Chatelaine's Greek Mandala. Progress pics
if anyone's interested in my flickr album (bmciowa).
It's going to be seriously bloody hot here for the next few days, so
staying inside with the a/c and stitching sounds like a good idea.

Sara
Old June 8th 11, 11:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sara

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 11:34:56 -0700 (PDT), Janet
wrote:

I'm working of Witches Wheel by Glendon Place.

That's a very cool looking piece. Are you using the special fabric?

Sara
Old June 8th 11, 03:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.[_2_]

On Jun 7, 5:32*pm, wrote:

Not strictly stitching in the sense you mean but I decided I would
make an afghan each for Xmas 2011 -

I'm also currently crocheting. I have put aside Victoria Sampler's
Carol singers (which is getting towards the end...I'm just about to
the hardanger part) to make a baptismal gown for DGD. I'm making it
out of some soooo wonderfully soft alpaca/silk yarn. The baptism is
on the 26th.

Joan
Old June 8th 11, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

On Jun 7, 6:29*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Me - I found this tiny Ink Circles chart - it was the address label from
when I won one of her door prizes. I'm stitching with a Carrie's
Creation called Caribbean Laney.

I just finished over the weekend my previous purse project of an Aussie
wildflower called a howhai. Have to think about how I'm going to "finish
it". I've been thinking about a quilted pillow

Current purse project is a ladybug. What, why are you all laughing

I am working on an EGA group correspondence course called Moonlight
Sonata. A couple of the group are already done and some of us are
close. All I have left to do are the beads & I started them at our
last group meeting on Sunday night. We meet at Togo's (they're like a
Subway on steroids) :-) to pick up sandwiches and then drive to one of
the lady's homes to eat and then stitch for a few hours. It's coming
out beautifully but dh thinks my green is too bland so I promised him
I would do it again - just for him - in bright oranges, yellows and/or
reds.

I also have been working intermittently on paper bookmarks for our
local Friends of the Library group. I alternate between doing hearts
and trees. The hearts sell the best because they look impressive but
the trees are also going because they're simple and because they are
NOT hearts. :-))

Liz from Humbug

P.S. Has anyone heard from Tia Mary? Is her "cabin in the woods" in
the fire area? It would be a real shame if she sold the house in
Hotlanta, only to lose the cabin she's been looking forward to for so
long. :-(

Been Stitching Away! alicia in Hawaii Needlework 0 June 15th 08 10:08 PM
What we're stitching now... Jere Williams Needlework 275 April 22nd 06 08:04 PM
Stitching Over 1 Tia Mary Needlework 5 August 22nd 05 05:36 AM
Stitching & me Pirjo Ilvesvuori Needlework 0 November 20th 04 01:15 PM
If you are behind in your stitching!! Fred Needlework 9 October 2nd 03 04:48 PM