Are introductions in order?

Old November 27th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default OT Pets, was: Are introductions in order?

On 11/26/06 9:55 AM, in article ,
"Pat P" wrote:

"Gill Murray" wrote in message

Lucille wrote:
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message

On 11/25/06 8:31 PM, in article
,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

"bungadora" ,in
rec.crafts.textiles.needleworkwrote:
and entertained us with

lucretia borgia wrote:

Sympathies, I noticed this morning you were all down to -20.

Slight correction. -20 was the daytime high. I stayed inside and have
been quite productive. I worked on my Iris panel and sketched out a 10
year plan for puchasing the wool for BR's African Marigold.

Yah know Dora - I think we are the only people in this here box today
lol

Nah, I'm here, just really, really tired. But, I had several good hours.
The first was listening to the spiel for the HS hockey team. The second,
watching DD's team kick butt against a team that is a tier up from them.

I'm happily watching March of the Penguins on TV and just really relaxing
for a change.

I just did some knitting while TV was on. Quite a while since I did some
Fairisle.

Gill

I do love penguins. I spotted some cute little "Happy Feet" penguin purses
in M & S yesterday - I wish I had a small grand daughter to give me an
excuse to buy one!!!

Pat

There is my DD - she needs another grandmother!

Old November 27th 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

I do love penguins. I spotted some cute little "Happy Feet" penguin purses
in M & S yesterday - I wish I had a small grand daughter to give me an
excuse to buy one!!!

Pat

I'll be happy to be your granddaughter (VBEG) - I've been collecting
penguins since I was in my teens!

Old November 28th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default Are introductions in order?

On 11/23/06 7:14 AM, " wrote:

Hello,

Jayne, 51, living in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Originally from Wisconsin.

*snip*

Lurker for almost 6 years, enjoy newsgroup very much. Especially
enjoy reading about life/customs/culture from the overseas posters in
this group, and also posters who live in different areas of the states
than I. And of course have also picked up interesting info/tidbits on
cross-stitch.

Jayne Wilkins

Nice to hear from you - that's lots of lurking ;^) Hope we hear more.

ellice

Old November 28th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 11/24/06 8:49 AM, " wrote:

My Mother had never been much of a "cat person", but in the fall of
'01, she had a six-ish month old boy kitten show up at her door. Not
being a cat person, I said if she didn't find a home for him, I'd take
him, but he'd have to be strictly an outdoor cat (which I hate, btw)
since Chen Li (my aged girl) won't take another cat in the house. The
catch was, I was having CTS surgery on my right wrist that very week,
so I knew I wouldn't be able to take him until it was a couple of weeks
healed (I was going to try and integrate him, so wanted to be prepared
for separating cats!). By the time I felt ready, he'd morphed from
being D.C. (stood for Donna's Cat) to Dammed Cat and now he's Mom's
cat! By the time I was ready to attempt the chaos, Mom had gotten
attached to him and decided she'd keep him. So now I guess the DC
really stands for Dorothy's Cat.

I love hearing how people arrive at names and some of the ways they've
acquired the critter in question, especially when they profess to not
like whatever type critter they've just named.

LOL - have you met my DH? His mom had them all convinced they would die of
allergies if they got a "pet". So, he grew up with parakeets. Of course
his 2 older sisters (whose allergies supposedly were at issue) rode horses,
and now have dogs, cats, and one has incredible messy, full of smelly cat
boxes, smelly dogs (though we love them all) and 2 large birds - a huge
Cock-a-too and a conure.

So, me being a horses and dogs person (like cats just fine, very allergic) -
was going nuts without either for a few years. When I went and looked at
the puppies from a friends Springer litter, and then came home to tell DH
his rseponse was "##***%%__@@### - we're not getting a dog - splutter -
splutter - how is the house going to get all ready to be sold - splutter-you
going back to work--splutter-more splutter" . Fortunately - he was in the
pool, on a floaty with liquid refreshment in hand (post a trying day
reffin'). My respnses "so, you're off this Friday and we're going to go see
the puppies". Within 30 secs on Friday he was on the ground, covered in
puppies. And, well, the one that bonded with him was the same as I'd felt
most drawn to, and that's our Puckster. We almost took his sister at the
same time, but were afraid it would be too much. DH is a total sap with the
dog, it's definitely referred to as our son, his son, your son, etc. And
now he notices other dogs with cute noises, as well. Despite his "I'm not a
dog person" claims - yeah, right. And I'm working him up to the horsey
thing - he seems amenable - if I lose the poundage, and am working to make
the finances work out.

Puckster - the obvious hockey thing. Plus - that pup went from being
picked up at his parents - to a hockey game. Sat on my lap, or at my feet
(I was scorekeeping, DH playing). The refs spent most of the game coming to
check on the pup. The 3rd game he was at - the pup actually changed the
score - without me noting it - suddenly 5-2 was 10-5 the wrong way - he'd
seen me hitting the numbers on the clock and was swatting at it with his
paw, and actually got the switch to depress. Strange.

Ellice

Gill Murray wrote:
I laid down the law to Jim when we first got serious.........no pets!!!
What happened?? He travelled a lot, and brought home a kitten which he
named Ralph! The cat was cute, but a royal PITA, and became Dammit
Ralph. From then on, in his records at the vet etc, he was listed as
"D.Ralph"! He was a good cat, enjoyed travelling in the RV, became a
diabetic while we full-timed, and eventually went to the big kitty home
in the sky.

Gillian