Extreme peyote stitch

Old October 6th 08, 07:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
[email protected]

Default Extreme peyote stitch

This is so neat - this artist takes 1" pencils, sharpens them, and
drills a hole through them to essentially make a bead. She then sews
them together to make sculptures based on the prickly look of sea
urchins. She says she uses mostly peyote stitch to connect them.

http://www.jennifermaestre.com

Best,
Christine
Old October 6th 08, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

Wow! Very cool!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old October 7th 08, 10:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Oct 6, 8:06 am, wrote:
This is so neat - this artist takes 1" pencils, sharpens them, and
drills a hole through them to essentially make a bead. She then sews
them together to make sculptures based on the prickly look of sea
urchins. She says she uses mostly peyote stitch to connect them.

http://www.jennifermaestre.com

Best,
Christine

Kinda looks like Jakfruit. I never thought you could do that with
pencils.
It's sometimes amazing what people make beads out of.
This reminds me of a Sooz post, saying that maybe it's one hole
that goes through all those beads and connects all of us
(paraphrased).

Sooz, where are ya?

Maren
Old October 7th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Kathy N-V[_2_]

On Oct 6, 2:06*pm, wrote:
This is so neat - this artist takes 1" pencils, sharpens them, and
drills a hole through them to essentially make a bead. She then sews
them together to make sculptures based on the prickly look of sea
urchins. She says she uses mostly peyote stitch to connect them.

http://www.jennifermaestre.com

Best,
Christine

The nails were pretty incredible, too. It rather inspired me, but if
bring any more materials into this house, I'm going to have to
find some space for the people to live in. Really neat stuff that
spoke right to me as well. Doubly neat to find out that she went
to college right near me as well. I go by the Mass. College of Art
at least once a week when I go to the doctor's.

My husband Bob,(for those who don't know us), relates his tale of
woe every time he spots the school: He and another friend had to
carry a 500 lb block of local granite that had been fashioned into a
sculpture by his friend's girlfriend. 500 lbs of granite is a lot
smaller than you would think, and they had very little to grab onto.
Both of them were moaning, taking aspirin and using heat packs
when they had delivered the sculpture to school. What they
didn't realize was that they were going to be drafted into picking it
up and taking it home when the girl had been graded on her final
project. (It got an "A".)

I don't know who the woman drafted to move the sculpture
to its' final destination: a spot among the irises in her garden.
I'm sure it was her boyfriend; after nine years of dating, he
eventually asked her to marry him. They now have a lovely
crop of children a little younger than my Amanda. I know they
didn't ask my Bob, because he'd get even more mileage out of
his tale of woe.

Kathy N-V, drifting off into a story, as usual (I can't help it)
Old October 7th 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie[_4_]

I shudder to think those are prismacolor. I hope she uses cheapos!! I
would faint thinking of all the money involved if those were Prismas.
shudder shudder

Pretty darn cool though! Very prickly.

Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.valerie-moore.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com
http://valeriesews.blogspot.com

Maren at google wrote:
On Oct 6, 8:06 am, wrote:
This is so neat - this artist takes 1" pencils, sharpens them, and
drills a hole through them to essentially make a bead. She then sews
them together to make sculptures based on the prickly look of sea
urchins. She says she uses mostly peyote stitch to connect them.

http://www.jennifermaestre.com

Best,
Christine

Kinda looks like Jakfruit. I never thought you could do that with
pencils.
It's sometimes amazing what people make beads out of.
This reminds me of a Sooz post, saying that maybe it's one hole
that goes through all those beads and connects all of us
(paraphrased).

Sooz, where are ya?

Maren

OT; Extreme makeover fixedgearhead Quilting 59 January 26th 07 04:49 AM
flat round peyote stitch? Amber Beads 5 November 6th 04 01:41 PM
OT - EXTREME CLOUDBURST ACTION! Kalera Stratton Beads 11 May 18th 04 07:35 PM
peyote/gourd stitch url 4 sale gwenhwyvar Beads 0 December 28th 03 11:35 PM
ad> Serious Sol extreme sketches by tatercat tatercat Beads 4 July 30th 03 03:53 AM