OT--A note about laminated floors

Old January 26th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default OT--A note about laminated floors

My daughter and her husband remolded their kitchen and family room and put
in a laminated floor. It looks lovely and is easy to clean.
However---LOL----the kids take off their shoes when they come in the house
and my daughter soon noticed the kids socks were all wearing out on the
bottom. She realized it was the new laminate flooring. They slide on the
floor and it was murder on the socks. So just be warned---LOL
Clarice in AZ/MN

Old January 26th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

scottnh wrote:
My daughter and her husband remolded their kitchen and family room and put
in a laminated floor. It looks lovely and is easy to clean.
However---LOL----the kids take off their shoes when they come in the house
and my daughter soon noticed the kids socks were all wearing out on the
bottom. She realized it was the new laminate flooring. They slide on the
floor and it was murder on the socks. So just be warned---LOL

Ah, just tell the kids if they want to go sliding on the floor they have
to put on ratty, old socks first so they don't ruin good ones. A good
slick floor can be irresistible!

--
Brenda
Tickler of Chuzzles
Old January 27th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

"Brenda Lewis" wrote in message
.. .
scottnh wrote:
My daughter and her husband remolded their kitchen and family room and
put in a laminated floor. It looks lovely and is easy to clean.
However---LOL----the kids take off their shoes when they come in the
house and my daughter soon noticed the kids socks were all wearing out on
the bottom. She realized it was the new laminate flooring. They slide
on the floor and it was murder on the socks. So just be warned---LOL

Ah, just tell the kids if they want to go sliding on the floor they have
to put on ratty, old socks first so they don't ruin good ones. A good
slick floor can be irresistible!

--
Brenda
Tickler of Chuzzles

I love the look of the laminated floors - even better are the real wood ones
, but they`s scare me to death - I`d be slipping all over the place. They
must be terribly noisy for the people below them in flats or apartments,
though.

Pat P

Old January 27th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Pat P wrote:

I love the look of the laminated floors - even better are the real wood ones
, but they`s scare me to death - I`d be slipping all over the place. They
must be terribly noisy for the people below them in flats or apartments,
though.

Wood isn't as slick as the laminate. We have wood
on all three floors (kitchen and bathrooms excepted), and
despite two crazed boys who always seem to be wearning only
socks and a toddler, we almost never have a problem. Heck,
we have two flights of uncarpeted hardwood floors, and
even that hasn't caused much of a problem. It is a bit
noisier underneath, but really, I don't know many people
who have hardwood floors who don't use area rugs at least
much of the year, and the rugs take care of the sound
handily.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old January 27th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Pat P wrote:

I love the look of the laminated floors - even better are the real wood ones
, but they`s scare me to death - I`d be slipping all over the place. They
must be terribly noisy for the people below them in flats or apartments,
though.

Pat P

Wow, I'm just not slipping and sliding on my Pergo at all (and believe
me if anyone could fall on it, it would be me). We have this strange
little spot in our bathroom in front of the sink that is SUPER slippery
and hubby and I can't figure out why. It's just old vinyl and I have
cleaned it to within one inch of it's life trying to make sure I got any
old hairspray or whatever off of it... One of these days I'm gonna take
a fall there I just know it!

Old January 28th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

"Chris Howard" wrote in message
t...
Pat P wrote:

I love the look of the laminated floors - even better are the real wood
ones , but they`s scare me to death - I`d be slipping all over the place.
They must be terribly noisy for the people below them in flats or
apartments, though.

Pat P

Wow, I'm just not slipping and sliding on my Pergo at all (and believe me
if anyone could fall on it, it would be me). We have this strange little
spot in our bathroom in front of the sink that is SUPER slippery and hubby
and I can't figure out why. It's just old vinyl and I have cleaned it to
within one inch of it's life trying to make sure I got any old hairspray
or whatever off of it... One of these days I'm gonna take a fall there I
just know it!

I have Pergo too. My daughter cleaned the diningroom floor with this lemon
oil polish for furniture once. That was almost funny as everyone who walked
through fell down. I iron all the clothes about once every couple of months
and when the sizing gets on the floor, it does the same thing.
One of my exchange students got some spray on the bathroom mirror that has
never come off in three years. It only shows when it gets steamed up, or if
I spray the windex on it.
Judy