Introduction from Polly Esther

Old June 30th 09, 05:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Introduction from Polly Esther

I am so pleased to have found you. I have very much enjoyed reading
appropriate gifts for chewing pupmitzvahs and the grammar peeves.
At a happy and silly baby shower we were invited to suggest names for
the little darling. I offered 'Polly Esther' and it has stayed with me
since.
I am a great-grandmother, somewhat adequate staff to a Yorkie, have been
in love with the dearest man for more than 60 years, a Katrina survivor and
we live in a swamp populated by 8,500 alligators. more or less.
There's probably not anything I haven't tried with a needle. From
splinters to wedding gowns, I've done it.
For the most part, I make gifts for newborns in need.
Please move over and make a place for me. I'll share the banana
nutbread I just baked. Polly

Old June 30th 09, 12:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Polly Esther wrote:
I am so pleased to have found you. I have very much enjoyed reading
appropriate gifts for chewing pupmitzvahs and the grammar peeves.
At a happy and silly baby shower we were invited to suggest names for
the little darling. I offered 'Polly Esther' and it has stayed with me
since.
I am a great-grandmother, somewhat adequate staff to a Yorkie, have been
in love with the dearest man for more than 60 years, a Katrina survivor and
we live in a swamp populated by 8,500 alligators. more or less.
There's probably not anything I haven't tried with a needle. From
splinters to wedding gowns, I've done it.
For the most part, I make gifts for newborns in need.
Please move over and make a place for me. I'll share the banana
nutbread I just baked. Polly

Welcome, Polly:

There's always room for another one in the Stitching corner.

MargW
(from a thousand miles north of you)
Old June 30th 09, 12:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"MargW" wrote in message
Polly Esther wrote:
[...]

Welcome to our world. There's an open invitation for visits to my place,
but you will have to share your half of the loveseat with my little Maltese,
and he takes up a lot of room.

Lucille from Florida, where the rest of the alligators live. Even though I
don't live in a swamp, with the stormy weather the last few days it
certainly looks like it.

Old June 30th 09, 12:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

Polly Esther wrote:
I am so pleased to have found you. I have very much enjoyed reading
appropriate gifts for chewing pupmitzvahs and the grammar peeves.
At a happy and silly baby shower we were invited to suggest names for
the little darling. I offered 'Polly Esther' and it has stayed with me
since.
I am a great-grandmother, somewhat adequate staff to a Yorkie, have been
in love with the dearest man for more than 60 years, a Katrina survivor and
we live in a swamp populated by 8,500 alligators. more or less.
There's probably not anything I haven't tried with a needle. From
splinters to wedding gowns, I've done it.
For the most part, I make gifts for newborns in need.
Please move over and make a place for me. I'll share the banana
nutbread I just baked. Polly

Welcome Polly. Just be prepared -- we are a bit more boisterous over
here in Needlework than the fine people in Quilting :-). Either way, I
can guarantee that the folks here will LOVE to be regaled by stories of
the 'gators and their preferred diet -- LOLOL. CiaoMeow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old June 30th 09, 01:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Polly Esther[_5_]

Met a Maltese like that at a family reunion recently. Not exactly sure how
he was kin but he was indeed a sitter. Didn't matter who was sitting, the
Maltese was beside them squeezing them over so he could be perfectly
comfortable. Polly

"Lucille" wrote Welcome to our world. There's an open invitation for

Old June 30th 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thank you, Mary. I did notice when one of you declared that a staircase was
an appropriate chew toy for an 8 month-old puppy. Polly

"Tia Mary" wrote Welcome Polly. Just be prepared -- we are a bit more

Old June 30th 09, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Polly Esther[_5_]

We're not really sure where we are. Close to Mobile AL but pay land taxes
to Mississippi. Oh my yes, New Orleans does have all varieties of visitors.
We used to love to simply sit on a park bench there and people watch. That
is quite a show. Polly

"Olwyn.Mary" wrote So whereabouts are you? I, too, am a Katrina survivor,
but I live above
the water level so only see alligators at the zoo or on a swamp tour.

Visitors, now, we see those in all varieties. Most are tame, but there
are occasional rogue ones and they can be really dangerous.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans

Old June 30th 09, 02:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Jun 30, 12:30*am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I am so pleased to have found you. *I have very much enjoyed reading
appropriate gifts for chewing pupmitzvahs and the grammar peeves.
* * At a happy and silly baby shower we were invited to suggest names for
the little darling. *I offered 'Polly Esther' and it has stayed with me
since.
* * I am a great-grandmother, somewhat adequate staff to a Yorkie, have been
in love with the dearest man for more than 60 years, a Katrina survivor and
we live in a swamp populated by 8,500 alligators. *more or less.
* * There's probably not anything I haven't tried with a needle. *From
splinters to wedding gowns, I've done it.
* * For the most part, I make gifts for newborns in need.
* * Please move over and make a place for me. *I'll share the banana
nutbread I just baked. *Polly

My first thought when I started reading your post was that a long lost
classmate of my husband's had resurfaced. None of us knew her middle
name was Esther until graduation. Poor Polly. I don't know what her
parents were thinking.

Welcome! I'm making sweet tea this morning. That should go well with
the banana nutbread.

Donna in Virginia
Old June 30th 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Polly Esther[_5_]

A thousand miles? I do hope it is cooler there. We had a cold snap
yesterday with the temperature dropping to 96°. Polly

"MargW" Welcome, Polly:

Old June 30th 09, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Jun 30, 12:30�am, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I am so pleased to have found you. �I have very much enjoyed reading
appropriate gifts for chewing pupmitzvahs and the grammar peeves.
� � At a happy and silly baby shower we were invited to suggest names for
the little darling. �I offered 'Polly Esther' and it has stayed with me
since.
� � I am a great-grandmother, somewhat adequate staff to a Yorkie, have been
in love with the dearest man for more than 60 years, a Katrina survivor and
we live in a swamp populated by 8,500 alligators. �more or less.
� � There's probably not anything I haven't tried with a needle. �From
splinters to wedding gowns, I've done it.
� � For the most part, I make gifts for newborns in need.
� � Please move over and make a place for me. �I'll share the banana
nutbread I just baked. �Polly

Welcome Polly. I'm nowhere near any alligators except for those
in the Pgh Zoo and Aquarium. Sounds like you'll fit in fine.

Nancy in Pgh, City of Champions.

OT - for Polly Esther Kathy Applebaum Quilting 3 July 23rd 08 03:33 PM
Ping: Polly Esther Sunny[_2_] Quilting 2 July 15th 08 01:42 AM
PING - Polly Esther Kate T. Quilting 15 March 7th 08 11:07 PM
Ping - Polly Esther Michelle[_2_] Quilting 1 February 10th 08 12:49 PM
Polly Esther and Ivan Patti Quilting 12 September 19th 04 12:08 AM