New Bernina with stitch regulator

Old February 11th 05, 01:50 PM
Susan Laity Price

Default New Bernina with stitch regulator

Has anyone tried the new Bernina with the stitch regulator? It is
suppose to be the same type of thing that is on the long arm machines.
When you are doing free motion quilting the machine stitches the same
length stitch regardless of the speed you are quilting. Does it really
work?

When I get home from vacation I thought I would take a basted baby
quilt to the store selling the new Bernina's and give it a test drive.
Has anyone done that yet?

Susan
Old February 11th 05, 01:54 PM
bdiane

Oh shoot!@ I wish this was on my Bernina 153. Which model is getting
it? When you are using the free motion you have to be careful or the
stitches are irregular?

Old February 11th 05, 02:20 PM
Susan Torrens

I had a chance to try it at a local quilt show. It works really well.
There are three different ways to use it, but for the show it was set up the
easiest way. Push a blue button on the front, and when you started moving
the quilt sandwich, it started sewing. My biggest complaint is that they
didn't make more room under the arm! They list for 3499.00.

Old February 11th 05, 04:26 PM
Robin

I tried it but only on a small block, not a quilt. It was so wonderful that
I put down a deposit. I can't wait for the shop's allotment of the new
machines to arrive. I am also getting the embroidery attachment!
Hopefully, it will be very soon; the wait is killing me.

Robin

Old February 11th 05, 04:44 PM
nana2b

I tried it at the Houston Show. Very nice gadget, but no more room in the
throat. I feel I would still have to wrestle with the quilt too much.
JMHO, Linda

Old February 11th 05, 05:36 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Susan Laity Price wrote:

Has anyone tried the new Bernina with the stitch regulator? It is
suppose to be the same type of thing that is on the long arm machines.
When you are doing free motion quilting the machine stitches the same
length stitch regardless of the speed you are quilting. Does it really
work?

When I get home from vacation I thought I would take a basted baby
quilt to the store selling the new Bernina's and give it a test drive.
Has anyone done that yet?

Susan

I gave it a try at the LQS about a week ago and promptly fell in love.
G I think it's the same as the thing on the long-arms, but I'm not
positive. The stitches really are the same length regardless of speed,
though there can be the odd one here or there that is slightly off --
not as many as are off when I do it without the BSR (stitch regulator),
though. I'm still thinking about whether I want to hock my future to buy
this machine -- there are some advantages of getting something that
uses the new-style feet, but I have a lot of the older ones. Decisions,
decisions....
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old February 11th 05, 06:21 PM
Roberta Zollner

What a good idea! What's the model #? I've never owned a Bernina, but this
would definitely tempt me :-)
Roberta in D

Old February 11th 05, 07:55 PM
nana2b

I believe it is the 440. Be careful when buying the latest "new" ones.
They have a tendency to have bugs that are not quite worked out before they
are released. The same thing happened with the 200E. Linda

Old February 11th 05, 09:01 PM
Ellen

"Sandy Foster" wrote in message

The stitches really are the same length regardless of speed,
though there can be the odd one here or there that is slightly off --
not as many as are off when I do it without the BSR (stitch regulator),
though.

Did you notice -- do you get to set that length or is it preset in the
machine? I ask because when I do very tight stippling then I want a fairly
short stitch so that I can approximate curves and when I do more open
stippling I want a longer stitch ....

Ellen

Old February 11th 05, 09:35 PM
Arlinda

Hi,
I saw this machine for the first time at my LQS/Bernina dealer for a
SuperBowl Sale. I didn't try it (ashamed to say I haven't done any mach.
quilting yet) but saw a couple of ladies test it. It is a 440Q. It was
really neat to say the least. It has a red sensor light on the foot which
detects the fabric moving. The operator doesn't even have to use a foot or
knee controller. I think I recall the dealer setting a stitch length. The
price was around $3,300 (don't know what goodies came with it). If I were
in the market for a new machine, I could be tempted.

Arlinda in FL