IQF-Houston Todays Highlights!

Old October 20th 05, 02:06 AM
Tina

Default IQF-Houston Todays Highlights!

WOW, Wow, and WOW I spent most of the day speechless. If anyone
thought I was addicted to quilting this past year - they ain't seen
nothin yet! Now, I will become an obsessive/compulsive quilter!

I have posted a few of my favorites from today (and will try to post
each day)

The Astros game started at 7:30, so I am trying to run back and forth
between the tv and the computer. I'm sorry, I have not edited these,
cropped them or cleaned them up. I got home at 6:45, ate and ran to
download the camera so I could catch the baseball game.

There is one I will explain to you now, when I took the pic, it was
still in the box - it is LITERALLY a Rock Wall, a completely quilted
Rock Wall ! It is the most awesome thing I have ever seen in my life
and I will take a picture of the whole thing hanging/assembled tomorrow
morning and repost for you all!

I took lots of pictures of journals because I fell in LOVE with those
and know where my heart is headed next year!

So check back daily - there will be LOTS more to come, I promise!

http://community.webshots.com/album/481388257LArNlC

Hugs from Houston,
Tina, the quilt addict if there ever was one!

Old October 20th 05, 02:28 AM
KJ

Thanks Tina.....I think. I'm bummed I can't go this year. And I'm never
sure whether the quilts inspire me, or discourage me! You have come a long
ways in the past year, haven't you? Have a great time at the quilt show.

--
Kathyl
remove "nospam" before mchsi
oups.com...

Old October 20th 05, 02:32 AM
Poke First National

Stunning quilts, I'm so glad members write and send photos - I guess I will
never get to an actual USA quilt show. I have a good friend in my patchwork
group who will be in Houston next year for this one though.
I'll keep checking back Tina,
Cheers from under Australia,
Sally in Tasmania

Old October 20th 05, 02:41 AM
Tina

I told my husband the same thing Kathy - I called him from the show and
told him, "As a beginner, this show could give me a serious, serious
complex!" OR, it could be EXTREMELY inspirational and motivational.
Right now, I'm thinking motivation and inspiration!

I feel bummed for you, but I hope you enjoy the pics.

Speaking of which, DH asked me, "Isn't that a copyright infringement,
posting pictures from the show on a website?"

I don't know? Is it? Am I not supposed to do that? Advise please?

Tina, wired tighter than a nine day clock - IQF and Astros vs.
Cardinals in game 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 20th 05, 02:58 AM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"Tina" wrote:

WOW, Wow, and WOW

Omigosh, Tina! Thanks so much for posting those photos! I can hardly
wait to see those quilts in person -- it promises to be another amazing
year of browsing the aisles....
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 20th 05, 03:08 AM
Tina

As I"m sure you know Sandy - the photos just DO NOT do them justice!
OMG - I saw so many things today that I wanted to TOUCH so so so bad
and couldn't help but ask "Is that REAL?!" LOL

They are just absolutely amazing! Especially the 3D quilts - you just
can't walk by them and "browse" you literally have to stop and look at
every single detail.

Can you tell I'm a first timer?

Tina

Old October 20th 05, 03:21 AM
Louise

Although it's hard to believe you were actually speechless BEG, I can see
why. Those are some stunning quilts. Can't wait to see that Rock Wall - and
was that tennis shoe as big as it looks (it looks like it was 6 foot tall!).

I *will* make it to Houston and Paducah some day - yes, I will!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

oups.com...

Old October 20th 05, 03:25 AM
marbles_2

I was sitting here with my jaw dropped down to my feet!!! Thank you,
Tina, for sharing those photos!!! I put it on about a 10-second delay
slide show and just sat here in amazement. Now I'm going to go back and
really look at them slowly.....there is so much to see in each one.

And how many quilts do they have in that show??? I'm feeling the need
to make it to that show one of these years. (I think they have some
kind of show in Seattle now and then, so I'm making it a point to get
to that as well.)

Anyway, I'm feeling like I don't know whether I'm inspired to make
something or just sit in admiration. Certainly a wondrous goal to work
towards.....*S*

Annie

Old October 20th 05, 03:37 AM
Pat in Virginia

Tina:
Two things. First, even though I am not a beginner, the IQF
quilts could give me a complex too, IF I let them. I don't.
Next, as to posting the pictures, you need to check the
information published at the show. Both years I attended (2002,
2004) I noticed numerous posters listing the photography
regulations prominently displayed in several areas of the quilt
exhibits, as well as ticketing areas. It is important to read and
follow the rules, so quilters will continue to be willing to
exhibit their work.
Now, go have FUN!!
PAT, planning to attend in 2006, in VA/USA

Old October 20th 05, 03:53 AM
Mary in Washington

Thanks so much for letting us take a peek with you.

Mary
A Friend Is Like A Good Bra. Hard to Find, Supportive, Comfortable, And
Always Close To Your Heart!
http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa