new member here

Old October 23rd 05, 07:19 PM

Default new member here

Hi,

I just found this group. I started quilting about 4 years ago. I have
some health issues and there are a lot of days when all I can do is
look at my fabric (I do have a lovely stash ). But I am anxious to
learn more. I love applique, am learning machine embroidery --
including stippling as a quilting method. I just want someplace where I
can come and talk to other quilters and fabriholics and learn more
about my chosen crafts.

Washington State, USA

Old October 23rd 05, 07:29 PM
Mary D

Hi S... welcome.

Mary

Old October 23rd 05, 07:29 PM
Trixie

Welcome! I also started quilting about 4 years ago and live in Washington
State. This group is an excellent resource for any quilting-related issues
you can come up with.

Trixie

oups.com...

Old October 23rd 05, 07:52 PM
Kate G.

okay... what's wrong with this group... three official welcomes but NO
DEMANDS for chocolate as the "greeter"!

What is the world coming to?

And of course, S... welcome... ask away and read a lot --- and you will
learn more than you ever imagined! (and not always about quilting! LOL)

Kate in MI

Old October 23rd 05, 08:14 PM
Bookbug

Hi S!

Welcome to the group! We're a friendly bunch, so we often get off
topic and talk about other things besides quilting too. :-)

Michelle

Old October 23rd 05, 08:24 PM
Kate Dicey

S wrote:

Hi,

I just found this group. I started quilting about 4 years ago. I have
some health issues and there are a lot of days when all I can do is
look at my fabric (I do have a lovely stash ). But I am anxious to
learn more. I love applique, am learning machine embroidery --
including stippling as a quilting method. I just want someplace where I
can come and talk to other quilters and fabriholics and learn more
about my chosen crafts.

Washington State, USA

Another new one! Ootch up, folks! Let the new one in at the frame and
pass the chocolate...

Tell us a leeeetle bit more, love: what you're working on, how many
little fury quilt inspector you have, chocolate politics, whatever...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old October 23rd 05, 08:34 PM
Patti

Welcome S.
You have found a great place here. Lots of chat and help when needed.
There are several folk here whose health is not of the best, so we will
all understand. There have been another couple of newcomers just this
week, so you're in good company.
Do tell us a little about yourself, if you feel able to: family, pets -
that sort of thing. Pets are called Quilt Inspectors (QI's) in this
part of the cyber world!!
Favoured food is chocolate (by most).
..
In message .com, S
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 23rd 05, 08:41 PM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
"S" wrote:

Hi,

I just found this group. I started quilting about 4 years ago. I have
some health issues and there are a lot of days when all I can do is
look at my fabric (I do have a lovely stash ). But I am anxious to
learn more. I love applique, am learning machine embroidery --
including stippling as a quilting method. I just want someplace where I
can come and talk to other quilters and fabriholics and learn more
about my chosen crafts.

Washington State, USA

Welcome, S! You'll need to tell us a bit more about yourself, though --
we're the nosy sorts. g Do you have QIs? what kinds of quilts do you
like to make (I'm assuming appliqué...), what kind of chocolate do you
prefer (wait for Pat's request for vetting your supplies G), etc.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 23rd 05, 09:16 PM
marbles_2

Hi there!!
I'm also in Washington State, and have found this group to be very
welcoming and fun to read (I do a lot of lurking but post occasionally
.... I'm still learning what I'm doing). When I've had questions, they
are very good at supplying a host of answers and I've learned and
gained inspiration. It's also been great getting acquainted with them
through their posts from all over the world!! They do seem to like
their chocolates, so get ready to share!!! And your stash of fabric
might getted pawed over from time to time if you aren't careful!! *S*

My question would be....where in Washington are you located? I'm in
Skagit Valley.
Welcome!!
Annie

new family member Marigold Quilting 7 October 22nd 04 06:11 PM
RCB Member Links page update Valerie Beads 1 May 3rd 04 03:12 AM
I recieved this question from a new member Queen of Squishies Quilting 15 January 24th 04 01:42 PM