new to this

Old October 22nd 05, 03:47 AM
Kerensa

Default new to this

Now the FQ's I might be able to do, the chocolate however is mine...all
mine! lol
Hugs,
Kerensa

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
uh Mary,
omg and Di called me a shameless begger.
she must of meant you of course, lol.
jeanne
btw, its FQs all around not a pound of chocolate, geez
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Old October 22nd 05, 03:58 AM
Kerensa

150 posts a day? Is that ALL? lol Wow will feel like a break for me rofl
Between two yahoo groups I receive anywhere from 400 to 800 a day! Needless
to say, they get skimmed a lot on the subject lines lol

I'm an OT kinda gal, love hearing about everything including quilting. I
try to post all my quilty related pics at my photo album so they will always
be there, just follow the link in my siggy line ;-)

Being new to quilting I never thought I'd have a favorite anything but that
has changed lol I'm a big time batik and hand dye lover (who isn't? lol) I
collect green and purple the most as they are my favorite colors, but when
looking at my meager stash the piles are pretty much even *g* Currently I'm
in a Kona black and bright batik faze lol I love Jinny Beyer fabrics and
her quilting designs! One day I plan on making her moonglow quilt. I live
45 minutes from Ruthies Notions and she has the moonglow quilt hanging in
her classroom! I so wanted to see if I could sneak it out a couple of times
rofl

I hope I fixed my addy ok, but after looking at some of the posts I think I
can do better ;-) Thanks for the tip on that as well! 5 acres is a lot to
care for, but my kids love all the room they have. I hate living in the
boonies though lol Closest quilt shop is over 45 minutes away from me in
two directions and one is over 2 hours away in Panama City. Needless to say
I plan my shopping very carefully lol

Hoping Wilma doesn't come up this way. I'm in the NW panhandle, pretty much
where Hurricane Ivan came in at. He stomped on my utility shed grrrr We
don't need any more 'canes up here at the moment, but sure could use some of
her rain ;-) Hoping that she reduces to a cat 1 or lower before she hits
anywhere in the US.

Hugs,
Kerensa

"nzlstar*" wrote in message
nice to have ya here with us, ms K.
pull up a comfy chair and grab u'r cuppa cuz we are a chatty lot here and
often have over 150 new posts each day. dont feel obliged to read them

all.
those not talking quilting should show up as OT aka Off Topic, so if

you're
only wanting to hear bout quilting/sewing that will speed up your reading
some. hee hee.
and we dont post pix here (not a pix ng) or post any advertising of our

own
retail websites just as a general rule of thumb tho some do creep in
occasionally. watch for the occasional troll to appear and try throwing
spanners into the works here, for those we just tend to either ignore them
or find out what quilting they are up to, lol.
we'd love to hear about your fav colours, designs, fabs, chocolate and

QIs.
as well if you've got any questions, feel free to ask or join in with

replys
bout your own experience with any topics posted here. we all learn from

one
another, even those who are pros at this quilting obsession.
from a slightly grey day in the usually sunny south pacific,
jeanne
who thinks from your siggy lines you've been to the Houston show, lol

Ms Di,
OI, who you calling shameless????
well i never!! hrmph
and i just now finished sending Kerensa a post about fixing her addy so

she
wont be harvested.
now i'm busy looking thru all her pix on yahoo. what a lovely place you

got
there...5 acres too, very nice for those kidlets to grow up on. nice to

have
ya here with us, ms K.
i sure hope ya got all the hatches battened down as i hear that nasty

Wilma
is on her way thru Florida.
and i do not beg. in fact iirc, i asked for no more squishys as i'm full

up
to the brim after my long trip over there thru recently. good grief, some
people.
yes yes i still love ya Di but you'll be giving our newbie the wrong idea
about me, not to mention others here who dont know me very well.
hugz,
jeanne
just one of the nutz, pass the m'n'ms please if anyone can find'em

Old October 22nd 05, 04:21 AM
Kerensa

Wendy, have been checking out your quilts and I love your very large lap
quilt! I learned to make the block you used while attending my very first
appliqué class earlier this year. One day I plan on giving it a try with
the machine instead lol I adore all the different prints you used in it!
Whenever I am at a quilt shop I look through their fabrics for ideas and
I'm always drawn to that section ;-)

Your boot stocking is just too adorable!! And I love Pink Elephants on
Parade! Thanks for letting me browse through your photos!

Hugs,
Kerensa

"frood" wrote in message
m...
Hi, Kerensa! Lovely name - I hope I'm pronouncing it in my head correctly.
Welcome to one of the friendliest newsgroups around!

--
Wendy

Old October 22nd 05, 04:40 AM
Sandy Foster

In article .net,
"Kerensa Slay" wrote:

Hello all. This is my first time trying out newsgroups. I've been a member
of a few quilting groups through yahoo groups though and am currently in a
few at the moment.

I just started quilting in June of 2004 with an online yahoo quilt group.
Jumped straight in with both feet and made my very first summer mystery
quilt. A little wavy but not bad considering I didn't have all the right
tools to work with. Have come a long way since then, and a lot more tools
and fabric too lol

I am 34 years old, married with two children ages 11 and 14 and three
furbabies (2 cats and 1 dog). I live in the NW Florida Panhandle between
Pensacola and Panama City Beach.

I have, to date, made a king sized mystery quilt that is currently on my
bed, a trip around the world baby quilt, and three wallhangings, one of
which was completely paper pieced and one was embroidered. I have only
quilted the smaller ones myself and a friend quilted my king size with her
Long Arm after taking pity on me trying to use my Pfaff lol. I don't
consider myself a quilter yet, only a piecer lol ;-) I have a yahoo photo
album online where I keep all my quilting photos also.

So how do these news groups work? Nice to meet you all.
--
Hugs,
Kerensa

My Quilting Photos
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/a_web_junkie/my_photos

Welcome, Kerensa! And what a pretty name you have! As you've no doubt
figured out by now, the group is simply a bunch of people posting, and
you just read the posts at your convenience. We'd love to see pics of
your work; do you have them posted anywhere where we can go look?
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old October 22nd 05, 04:45 AM
Mary in Washington

geeeez...I just wanted to see if would work. *grin

LOL

Mary

A Friend Is Like A Good Bra. Hard to Find, Supportive, Comfortable, And
Always Close To Your Heart!
http://community.webshots.com/user/moondancewa

Old October 22nd 05, 04:45 AM
Kerensa

Hello Sandy and thanks for the welcome! I think I'm finding my way around
fairly well so far ;-) I sure do have pictures posted where you can see
them! Lots of pictures lol One day I'll design my own website for them,
but need a few more quilts under my belt first lol

You can find my photos he
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/a_web_junkie/my_photos

Thanks for looking at them! I'm currently working on teaching myself to
hand quilt using a Fabric Challenge quilt that I made in the SFQ yahoo
group. It just calls for handquilting lol
--
Hugs,
Kerensa

"Sandy Foster" wrote --

Old October 22nd 05, 05:18 AM
Jenn/Jalynne

You're doing fine so far, Karensa. Welcome! I duck in and out these days,
but am always lurking. Look forward to reading more from you.

--
Jenn/Jalynne
quilting, beads, scrapbooking, cross stitch and other 'crafti' obsessions

news

Old October 22nd 05, 07:55 AM
Harry and Anita

Hi Kerensa,

Welcome to the group. Nice to see another beginning quilter here. Be
careful though because after a few days of reading posts and looking through
albums, your stash will need a utility shed of its own.

You have some really nice pics there. Thanks for sharing them with us.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that Wilma blows herself out before
reaching FL. My aunt just finally got her roof fixed last month from damge
done by Ivan.

Anita in chilly Alaska
http://community.webshots.com/user/arheasn

Old October 22nd 05, 08:12 AM
Patti

Welcome, Kerensa - and it's nice to meet you, too.
You'll soon see how it all works here in RCTQ land - just sit around the
cyber frame and plunge in.
I haven't time to look at your pictures yet, but have saved the link for
when I have a bit longer than a moment! Thanks for sharing them,
anyway.
..
In message .net,
Kerensa Slay writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 22nd 05, 08:45 AM
Cheryl

Welcome Kerensa - from another relative "newbie" from the other side of the
globe. Those of us in Oz (and in NZ - yes, Jeanne, I was thinking of you)
have a tiny problem with time zones but . . . . . that is the price we pay
for being so far "ahead" of you! LOL (and ducking!). But then - our
weekend is half over and yours is just beginning!

BTW - Happy Labor Day long weekend Jeanne!!

Some rctq members who use quilting software also have a group for virtual
swaps, challenges and Round Robins. If you are a user of EQ or Quilt Pro
please feel free to join us.

--

0 ~ ~