making a little basket

Old March 23rd 05, 04:15 PM
Anna MCM

Default making a little basket

Hi!

Just to share a little "discovery" I made today.
I am making a little crocheted basked for Easter chocolate eggs :-)
I found a lovely yellow in very thin thread at a Turkish shop in Stockhol=
m.
So I decided to use a double strain of thread and, of course, a bigger=20
hook. Wonderful! It=C2=B4s even better than using a bigger thread.
The basket looks already "stiffer" and has a more "vowen" appeareance.
Hope this tip can be useful to someone...

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old March 23rd 05, 06:20 PM

Hi Anna Maria,

Will we see a picture of the Easter basket. I love using two strands of
yarn and a bigger hook to make afghans.

Hugs,

Nora

Old March 23rd 05, 06:40 PM

Hi Anna Maria,

Don't feel bad, I don't have a way to share pictures either except
sending them to a person.

Hugs,

Nora

Old March 23rd 05, 07:00 PM
Seaspray

If you open an email account with yahoo (free) you can set up your yahoo
home page to show photos. I have done this and it is easy. You will need
to upload photos to yahoo. A small file is needed to do this and then you
can display photos. Just make sure you designate your album as public so
people can view it.
Diane
*************
oups.com...

Old March 23rd 05, 07:18 PM
Anna MCM

Seaspray wrote:
If you open an email account with yahoo (free) you can set up your yaho=

home page to show photos. I have done this and it is easy. You will n=

eed
to upload photos to yahoo. A small file is needed to do this and then =

you
can display photos. Just make sure you designate your album as public =

so
people can view it.
Diane

Thanks Diane,

I=B4ll do that as soon as I=B4ll buy a digital camera.
For now the quality of the pics is so low that they will look horrible=20
on the net.

Thanks again,

Anna Maria

Old March 24th 05, 10:30 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Anna maria , you canalso take a thicker thread [or several ] and
crochet over them ,, this a lovely effect as well.
Also a wonderful basket can be made from rope covered wuth torn strips
of cloth ,,,
cover end of rope with cloth make a little loop , cover both sides
with cloth , now strat to cover rope with cloth and every 3-4 cm pull
cloth strip into former `row` = ie cover both the new part of the rope
as wel as an already covered part, twice , than pullcloth strip
between both covered rope `rows` and loop it around the loop that
coveres both = making a Knot of dorts , between the two `rows` ,,,
this way go on covering the rope and attaching it to the circle ,
until it is big enough now start working it up like the sides of the
basket ,,,, this method enables you to work Out side the original
basket and make small `veranda` like baskets on the outside of the
original basket sides.
mirjam

Old March 24th 05, 11:44 AM
Anna MCM

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Anna maria , you canalso take a thicker thread [or several ] and
crochet over them ,, this a lovely effect as well.=20

Hi Mirjam!

Thanks for the suggestion!
The basket I=B4m making, which is now drying on a capsized bowl, is made =

out of a thread doily. The thread was for a 0.55 mm hook, but I used a=20
1.25 mm hook with two strains.
I made some items using the tapestry crochet technique. Very lovely, but =

I can=B4t do it often, my hands hurt a lot after that...

Hugs,

Anna Maria