For knitters who sew

Old January 28th 08, 06:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Default For knitters who sew

Or sewists who knit. Someone on another list found and posted this
pattern for a sewing-themed dishcloth. Cute!

http://lilknitofthisandthat.blogspot...arch-2007.html
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old January 28th 08, 08:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
BEI Design

Pogonip wrote:
Or sewists who knit. Someone on another list found and
posted this pattern for a sewing-themed dishcloth. Cute!

http://lilknitofthisandthat.blogspot...007/04/so-sew-

dishcloth-copyright-march-2007.html

Very cute! Even better if done in two colors, so the
machine stood out a little better. I wish I were still able
to hand knit...

Beverly

Old January 28th 08, 09:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

BEI Design wrote:
Pogonip wrote:

Or sewists who knit. Someone on another list found and
posted this pattern for a sewing-themed dishcloth. Cute!

http://lilknitofthisandthat.blogspot...007/04/so-sew-

dishcloth-copyright-march-2007.html

Very cute! Even better if done in two colors, so the
machine stood out a little better. I wish I were still able
to hand knit...

Beverly

Intarsia? On a dishrag? I'll pass. ;-)

I have a wonderful pattern for dishcloths to be done in cotton yarn, a
tuck stitch, beginning on the point, increasing to the middle, then
decreasing back to a point. Very popular with everyone I've given any,
and I like them a lot myself, but they do take time to knit, even on the
machine. I've done some with stripes, but would never attempt a picture
pattern. I would save those for sweaters, and other larger items.
Old January 28th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Olwyn Mary

Pogonip wrote:
BEI Design wrote:

Pogonip wrote:

Or sewists who knit. Someone on another list found and
posted this pattern for a sewing-themed dishcloth. Cute!

http://lilknitofthisandthat.blogspot...007/04/so-sew-

dishcloth-copyright-march-2007.html

Very cute! Even better if done in two colors, so the machine stood
out a little better. I wish I were still able to hand knit...

Beverly

Intarsia? On a dishrag? I'll pass. ;-)

Me too. I buy my dishrags for less than a dollar apiece at Big Lots or
the like, and toss them when they get ratty. I save my handwork for
things which can be worn or otherwise displayed.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old January 28th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Mary Fisher

"Pogonip" wrote in message
Or sewists who knit. Someone on another list found and posted this
pattern for a sewing-themed dishcloth. Cute!

http://lilknitofthisandthat.blogspot...arch-2007.html
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

I've looked and looked but can't interpret it :-(

It's like those pictures you stare at to see something significant - I can't
do that either!

Mary

Old January 28th 08, 08:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Pogonip" wrote in message

Or sewists who knit. Someone on another list found and posted this
pattern for a sewing-themed dishcloth. Cute!

http://lilknitofthisandthat.blogspot...arch-2007.html
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

I've looked and looked but can't interpret it :-(

It's like those pictures you stare at to see something significant - I can't
do that either!

Mary

It's the silhouette of a sewing machine in the middle of the cloth.
It's done with stitches, purl for the machine against a background of
stockinette. There is a little bit of detail for the badge.
Old January 29th 08, 09:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Mary Fisher

"Pogonip" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Pogonip" wrote in message

Or sewists who knit. Someone on another list found and posted this
pattern for a sewing-themed dishcloth. Cute!

http://lilknitofthisandthat.blogspot...arch-2007.html
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

I've looked and looked but can't interpret it :-(

It's like those pictures you stare at to see something significant - I
can't do that either!

Mary

It's the silhouette of a sewing machine in the middle of the cloth. It's
done with stitches, purl for the machine against a background of
stockinette. There is a little bit of detail for the badge.

I understand how the pattern is formed but simplyu couldn't understand the
outline. Now that you've explained it a light bulb has shone, my eyes are
oped and Hey Presto! A sewing machine :-))))))))))))

Thank you!

Mary

Old January 29th 08, 09:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Pogonip" wrote in message

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Pogonip" wrote in message

[...]

My pleasure. Now you won't be able to look at it without seeing the
machine. I confess, it took me a few minutes of looking before I saw
it, and I have done a lot of knitting!

Old January 29th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Mary Fisher

"Pogonip" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Pogonip" wrote in message

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Pogonip" wrote in message

[...]

I've done loads of knitting in the past 65 years :-) It wasn't that, it's
something in my brain which doesn't work as well as others!

You're right though, I can't see it without the sewing machine now :-)))

Mary

Old January 30th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Olwyn Mary wrote:

Me too. I buy my dishrags for less than a dollar apiece at Big Lots or
the like, and toss them when they get ratty. I save my handwork for
things which can be worn or otherwise displayed.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

As do I lately, but the cotton ones I have made in the past are really
the Rolls-Royce of dishrags. They just *work* so much better than
anything I've been able to buy at any price. The cotton is so
absorbant, and wipes up tables and counters so much more efficiently
that they really are worth the effort. Plus there's the adulation of my
friends and relatives that I gift them to. ;-)
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com

Are there any knitters here??? angel_crafter Needlework 27 July 8th 06 07:26 PM
K-tel knitters norma woods Yarn 2 November 17th 04 09:26 PM
K-tel knitters norma woods Yarn 0 November 17th 04 05:35 PM
Looking for knitters 61 Slick Hippy chick Yarn 1 January 3rd 04 03:18 PM
Any knitters? BDS2pds Needlework 42 November 8th 03 04:13 AM