Both a Happy Dance and Giving Up

Old August 27th 03, 04:03 PM
Charlotte Hippen

Default Both a Happy Dance and Giving Up

I worked last week diligently to finish the baby blanket I was crocheting
and got it finished up on Fri. Yea!!! I spend some time Sat. and almost
all day yesterday sewing. I was working on the baby's bedding set that
coordinates with the quilt I was working on. Well, I managed to finish
everything, that is everything except the quilt. I got 2 sheets, bumper
pads and a bed skirt all finished up and things placed on the crib
yesterday, and figured I'd work on finishing up the quilt but have given up
on it. It's more of a comforter than a quilt. I purchased a panel from
Norcott and some extra fluffy batting. I did some quilting on it and
attached prairie points around the edge (the LQS I originally saw it at had
a kit made up and they put on a ruffle instead). The only thing left is
cutting the batting and backing and get it turned under, but it wasn't going
well, and I only did about 2 maybe 3 inches which took forever and need
taken out. I'm so frustrated with it. I've only made 1 quilt so far and
that was a simple rail fence with an actual binding. So, my mother (who was
the one that got me started at this in the first place) is going to finish
it off for me. So it's not quite as big of a happy dance as I'd like, but
none the less it is a happy dance. Now to finish getting ready for the baby
so I can work on my appliqué blocks I set aside last spring.

Just thought I'd share! Happy quilting!
Charlotte

Old August 27th 03, 04:19 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Charlotte Hippen" wrote in message
So it's not quite as big of a happy dance as I'd like, but
none the less it is a happy dance. Now to finish getting ready for the

baby
so I can work on my appliqué blocks I set aside last spring.

That's the spirit -- "pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over
again!"

Some quilts just don't want to be finished. They get ornery and block your
every move to finish them. Fortunately you have someone who will get it done
for you, and now you can concentrate on a project that *wants* to be done!
LOL

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old August 28th 03, 03:17 AM
taria

I think the idea of having your mother helps makes it special.
Sounds like you are getting a lot finished. That is worth
a happy dance!
Taria

Charlotte Hippen wrote:

[...]

Please visit my web page at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/taria/index.htm

See my Siberian Cat, Lilly, at:
http://home1.gte.net/res0yk6g/lillypage/lillycat.htm

Doin' the happy Dance JL Paules Beads 2 April 30th 04 12:50 AM
FA: Rare Indian Dance Stick W/ Beads, Bones, Etc Disgo Marketplace 0 February 7th 04 08:46 PM