OT Story - I'm not blonde, I only drive that way

Old May 6th 04, 12:36 AM
Candace

Default OT Story - I'm not blonde, I only drive that way

and here's some more healing vibeys...~~~~~~~vibes~~~~~~~
I hope they can figure out what's causing your leg to do(or not) it's own
thing.

~Candace~ your local hemp goddess

Old May 6th 04, 12:57 AM
Cheryl

I answered, "My right leg works fine. You use your right leg for gas and
brake. Left leg is only for the clutch."

"It is? Boy, you sure drive funny," she responded.

Kathy-
I hate to TELL you this - but for quite awhile - the local DRIVING SCHOOLS in
Ohio were teaching kids to drive that way -
really......
I found out when my boys went to driving school.....

They are so used to automatics anymore - that they teach the kids to use two
feet...
stupid - yes.

I told them both not to drive that way...
Cheryl
last semester of lawschool! yipee!
A HREF="http://www.dragonbeads.com" DRAGON BEADS /A
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old May 6th 04, 01:23 AM
mjoann

Cheryl wrote:
I answered, "My right leg works fine. You use your right leg for gas and
brake. Left leg is only for the clutch."

"It is? Boy, you sure drive funny," she responded.

Kathy-
I hate to TELL you this - but for quite awhile - the local DRIVING SCHOOLS in
Ohio were teaching kids to drive that way -
really......
I found out when my boys went to driving school.....

Yikes! I took driving lessons in the Dayton area in the early 90's, and
I was specifically warned never to use both legs to drive. The reasoning
of course, was that if you became upset during a potential wreck you
would forget and stomp down the wrong foot. The instructor was very
adamant that we never do that and even gave an in car demonstration of
what would happen when you used both pedals at once.
Maybe it was your sons' specific school rather than statewide (I hope!)

mjoann

Old May 6th 04, 01:56 AM
Beadbimbo

Sorry to hear about your leg, Kathy! Good thoughts coming from me!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old May 6th 04, 04:30 AM
VManes

"mjoann" wrote

Yikes! I took driving lessons in the Dayton area in the early 90's, and
I was specifically warned never to use both legs to drive. The reasoning
of course, was that if you became upset during a potential wreck you
would forget and stomp down the wrong foot. The instructor was very
adamant that we never do that and even gave an in car demonstration of
what would happen when you used both pedals at once.
Maybe it was your sons' specific school rather than statewide (I hope!)

mjoann

Not only that, but it's a natural tendency to rest the left foot on the
pedal, which often results in the brake light being on more than it's off.
Really confusing to those of us following that know proper driving
technique.

Then there's the fact that a bit more pressure and the brakes will engage a
bit and drag, making friction.......

Don't people notice that dead-pedal on the left side of the pedal area? Use
it!

Val

Old May 6th 04, 04:58 AM
Karleen/Vibrant Jewels

OH BOY Kathy! Now we know why the accident rates are so high these days...
LOL
--
Karleen Page/Vibrant Jewels
Vibrant Jewels Online Bead & Jewelry Store
"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
I'm back on PT hiatus because something I did is causing my left leg to

not
respond to my wishes. I try to move it, but it doesn't always want to

move.
(I even stalled my Bug a few times, which hadn't happened in years) The PT
Dude, Neil, realized that I was using only one leg to pedal the staionary
bike, and stopped me. When he checked the reflexes in my left leg, he
discovered that I don't have any. So, PT is off until after I see the
neurosurgeon.

Today, I called to make sure that the secretary had taken all my

appointments
off her calendar, because I don't want to pay for PT sessions I can't

attend.
She sympathized and asked me how could I drive with my left leg all

messed
up.

I told her that using the clutch is a problem, but if need be, I can drive

my
husband's car, which has an automatic transmission. She gasped and asked,
"But how do you use the brakes without your left leg?"

I answered, "My right leg works fine. You use your right leg for gas and
brake. Left leg is only for the clutch."

long pause

"It is? Boy, you sure drive funny," she responded.

I gave up at that point. Fortunately, I don't ever plan on getting into a
car with this person, which sounds like a very good thing.

Kathy N-V

Old May 6th 04, 05:58 AM
Barbara Otterson

On Wed, 5 May 2004 19:26:13 -0400, Kathy N-V wrote:
I answered, "My right leg works fine. You use your right leg for gas and
brake. Left leg is only for the clutch."
long pause
"It is? Boy, you sure drive funny," she responded.

I gave up at that point. Fortunately, I don't ever plan on getting into a
car with this person, which sounds like a very good thing.
Kathy N-V

I can attest to your good sense. My husband drives with
two feet. He says that's how you drive. I think he's nuts.
And we go thru brakes like you wouldn't believe, because
he "rests" his foot on the brake when he's driving in traffic.
Which drives me nuts.
But, of course, that's how he was taught to drive and
he knows know other way. I don't think I'm going to
get him to change at 56 yrs of age!
Barbara
Dream Master
www.dreamweaverstudio.com

If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future
plans.
Woody Allen
Old May 6th 04, 01:15 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Feel better Kathy! And I think I know this secretary person, LOL.

B.

OT Story by Sooz: My Day (I'm glad it's OVER) Dr. Sooz Beads 60 April 27th 04 07:22 AM
[Ganoksin] [March 2004] Tips From The Jeweler's Bench Kandice Seeber Beads 10 March 9th 04 08:52 PM
Story - A MIL Story Jalynne Beads 2 March 8th 04 12:30 PM
Story - The Party Kandice Seeber Beads 0 November 9th 03 12:37 PM