ott light owners

Old January 19th 04, 10:31 PM
Lenora C

Default ott light owners

Ok all you Ott light owners out there. Have you ever had a problem with
your ott light turning off all by itself but then when you flip the
switch it turns right back on? NO I do not have any ghosts. I was
wondering if this was a problem with getting too hot or the bulb going out.

Lenora
IN ILLINOIS

Old January 19th 04, 10:31 PM
Debbi

have had my Ott light for about 3 years. Still have original bulb, and no
problems at all!

Debbi in SO CA

Old January 19th 04, 11:12 PM
Polly Esther

Some easy suggestions: Unplug it. Check the transformer plug(?) that big
black box plug-in thing for dust, dirt, QI hair, batting fuzz. See if it is
clean and snug.
If you have it plugged into a surge protector, check it too. These are
fairly easy to check. I throw an industrial amount of batting fuzzies around
here and sometimes it can make an electrical connection sort of spooky.
A little more difficult, if those easy ideas don't help. Take the bulb
out. Make sure it is clean and the connection is too.
When my Ott bulb was used up, it seems like it just went out for good. I
had to order a new bulb but that light is one of my favorite friends and I
sure was glad to have it back. Polly