Using dye to match a color?

Old April 23rd 05, 08:40 AM
BEI Design

wrote in message
oups.com...

to work with. If I take the length from the neck section and add it
one of the waist pieces, that should be enough for one of the longer
straps. Then take a wasit piece from each apron and have it attach
with
a button. I would have to share the one strap between the two aprons
until I can get a strap apron, but I think it would work. And it
would
be identical color and material. I'm going to verifiy the lengths I
need tonight and do it if they are long enough. I have my old
aprons,
so I can use that length to make sure.

Sounds like a plan, good luck!

--
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply

Old April 23rd 05, 10:04 AM

BEI Design wrote:

Sounds like a plan, good luck!

Thanks. I compared the lengths, and as long as each apron has one
permanent and one shared strap, I have enough to do it. The straps will
be about 3 inches shorter than on my old apron, but I will still be
able to tie it okay. I've got my loops done on one apron, and I just
finished the permanent strap. I just need to do the shared strap, and I
can try it out.

Old April 23rd 05, 03:18 PM
joy beeson

I think your best bet is to make strings that match the
shirt you wear under the apron.

Might be possible to attach them with hooks, to match
different shirts.

Joy Beeson
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/ -- needlework
http://home.earthlink.net/~dbeeson59...HSEW/ROUGH.HTM

Old April 24th 05, 04:30 AM
BEI Design

joy beeson wrote:

-- no knot in the spine when you sit down, no feeling around
for a knot you can't see, no little boys sneaking up behind
to untie it, no strings drooping into the toilet . . .

SPLORF!!! And you know about this because....

Old April 24th 05, 06:30 AM
CySew

You must remember the old saying, "Necessity is the Mother of Invention."
Good thought about using the straps differently to achieve what you need.
Emily

Old April 24th 05, 07:04 AM

joy beeson wrote:

It seems to me that this would be more comfortable as well
-- no knot in the spine when you sit down, no feeling around
for a knot you can't see, no little boys sneaking up behind
to untie it, no strings drooping into the toilet . . .

No problem there. They are still long enough to tie in front, under the
apron. I wore it at work today, and it was fine.

Old April 24th 05, 07:08 AM

CySew wrote:
You must remember the old saying, "Necessity is the Mother of

Invention."
Good thought about using the straps differently to achieve what you

need.
Emily

Thanks. Eventually, when I get an apron I can sacrifice, then I can
make permanent straps on every apron. Hopefully, I can end up with more
than two. It was so much nicer when I had 5 aprons and could wash my
laundry only once a week. I work with food, so I do need to have a
clean apron. But trading one strap back and forth is no real biggy. I
didn't even have to use a button. The end of the strap is hemmed, and
you have to kinda stuff it through the plastic piece that it attaches
to. It would almost stay by itself, but it could come loose if pulled
hard enough. So, I just folded it over and stuck my 5 year company pin
through it. It holds it in place and looks appropriate.

I wore it today, and only one person said anything, and she only
noticed because she knew I was planning to do it. Nobody else noticed,
so it didn't look bad

And it was so much more comfortable

Old April 24th 05, 08:19 AM
Pogonip

CySew wrote:
You must remember the old saying, "Necessity is the Mother of Invention."
Good thought about using the straps differently to achieve what you need.
Emily

Actually, if you look at history, invention is the mother of necessity.
Cases in point: Teflon, Tyvek, Post-it note glue.

--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/