OT---summer sanity saver

Old August 7th 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

Default OT---summer sanity saver

http://blog.evite.com/evite/2007/09/...-summer-b.html

as it is summer up north now and from all accounts hot as hades in some
places,
i thot this little joy of summer might be handy for a few of you.
worry not about the bad taste of young girls/toddlers clothing.
worry not about the sorry excuse for translation in sewing machine manuals.
worry not about that quilt that needs a new binding on it and you just
couldnt bring yourself to ask to do it for them.
worry not about the latest Paris Hilton ad for president....she wont be old
enough til the 2020 presidential election.
just invite some friends over for a BBQ and make this up for the liquid
refreshments.
enjoy!!
j.
hic....scuse me!

Old August 7th 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

LOL.......I might be in trouble if I put that out at our end of summer BBQ.
Too many kiddos apt to dip in.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community

Old August 7th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"jeanne-nzlstar*" wrote:

http://blog.evite.com/evite/2007/09/...-summer-b.html

as it is summer up north now and from all accounts hot as hades in some
places,
i thot this little joy of summer might be handy for a few of you.
worry not about the bad taste of young girls/toddlers clothing.
worry not about the sorry excuse for translation in sewing machine manuals.
worry not about that quilt that needs a new binding on it and you just
couldnt bring yourself to ask to do it for them.
worry not about the latest Paris Hilton ad for president....she wont be old
enough til the 2020 presidential election.
just invite some friends over for a BBQ and make this up for the liquid
refreshments.
enjoy!!
j.
hic....scuse me!

LOL! I've sent the link to DD#2 -- she's getting a pool and planning a
party.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old August 7th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

What fun! So what did they refill it with when the original 6 cups ran
out?
Roberta in D

Old August 7th 08, 08:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

way too much trouble.... but looks great. My mom (age 83) used to tell
stories about her teen days when the boys would bring big melons,
inject them with a lot of vodka (syringes used to be easier to come
by) and then they'd eat melon and get drunk.

sunny
I never did anything half that fun.........
Old August 8th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

We were having a very stressful week at work a short time ago.
Courthouses are like that
A co-worker thought it would be a nice idea to "marinate" the
watermelon pieces she brought in for lunch,
in vodka or rum. She tried it at home first. And decided she better
not bring any in, they went down very easily and she was tipsy in a
hurry.

We told her we need to sample them also, but then we do have a written
rule about bring liquor in that place.....

Ginger in CA

Old August 8th 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

does someone on staff have a big enough property to set up camp?
you all bring your tents and sleeping bags and food/drink to share and make
a weekend of it.
you cant be expected to drive home in the condition you're likely to end up
in with all that food, drink, fruit.
the usual BBQ leaves you having to drive home, so a weekend or overnighter
is safer all around.
would not look good in the morning paper if too many of you got pulled over
and breath tested only to find you've still got way too much alcohol
onboard, eh.
hmmmm, best bring some other things to do inbetween imbibing.
balls, rackets, clubs, whatever works where you are going.
perhaps some hand sewing to keep the more sedentary amused too.
j.

"Ginger in CA" wrote...

On Aug 7, 12:56 pm, Sunny wrote:
way too much trouble.... but looks great. My mom (age 83) used to tell
stories about her teen days when the boys would bring big melons,
inject them with a lot of vodka (syringes used to be easier to come
by) and then they'd eat melon and get drunk.

sunny
I never did anything half that fun.........

super saver burgundy fleck needed, Please. SpikeDriver Yarn 18 August 6th 06 06:19 PM
Red Heart Super Saver Yarn [email protected] Yarn 78 August 17th 05 05:16 AM
sanity savers anne Needlework 6 June 7th 05 01:07 PM
Lion Brand Screen Saver "Urban Chic" David Yarn 2 January 28th 05 05:57 AM
Red Heart Super Saver Yarn only $2.00 ea 8oz Skein Morbam Marketplace 0 January 11th 04 06:43 PM