You won't believe this

Old September 30th 06, 09:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default You won't believe this

I knew that i wanted to tease you a bit ,,,
to me they look more like Fireflies
mirjam
link.net wrote:

It's a reference to the Jedi Knights from the Star Wars series of
movies. They used "light sabers" -- sort of a magical sword that
looked a little like a big glow-in-the-dark knitting needle.

Old September 30th 06, 11:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot

Jedi Knitter wrote:
But would they make you a Jedi Knitter????? regards Ali B

Oh LOL! Of course.

"Vintage Purls" wrote in message
oups.com...

spampot wrote:

when I turned it over and on the back was "Knit Lite." Lighted knitting
needles. Yes!! For a mere $15.95, you can own a pair of plastic
needles (sizes 6, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, 13, or 15), 18 inches long, with
LED tips that use G3-A batteries to make them glow!

I just saw these yesterday on the Clover website. I was rather stunned
for a while - I just can't imagine why I'd (or anybody) would want
lighted knitting needles. Very odd.

: )

Old September 30th 06, 07:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
dawn

I, too saw the light needle, I can see it all now, Ican see the stich
but not the pattern, I move to needle to read the pattern,
sooooooooooooomany stitches sliding off the needle, I know this could
happen to me LOL
spampot wrote:
Anyone here get The Stitchery catalogue? I haven't embroidered for
decades, and I was just about to toss the catalogue in the recycling
when I turned it over and on the back was "Knit Lite." Lighted knitting
needles. Yes!! For a mere $15.95, you can own a pair of plastic
needles (sizes 6, 8, 9, 10, 10.5, 11, 13, or 15), 18 inches long, with
LED tips that use G3-A batteries to make them glow! Imagine how annoyed
the people sitting next to you in the theater or the cinema will be as
your tips flash back and forth!

I HAVE to get a pair for my knitting SIL. www.thestitchery.com, item
T66-546.

Old September 30th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot

Heh heh...oh yes. Does anyone else do what I have been trying to stop
myself from doing when knitting in the round w/DPNs? You end up holding
both a full needle and the newly emptied needle in your left hand, grab
the end of what you are positive is the newly emptied one, yank it out
of your left hand with a flourish, and find that you have two empty
needles, and a handful of dropped stitches?

Old October 1st 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Oh! so all the time, so much so that I stopped using dpns & started knitting
tubes of any kind either on 2 circulars or Magic Loop. So much less easy to
drop, pull off stitches or lose needles (which is a favourite pastime!)
Love & higs
Christine

Old October 1st 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
spampot

You know, I tried casting on that Lithuanian sock (44 sts) with two
circs and just could not get it to the point where I could join it into
a circle; 44 sts was just too little to hold on the needle part of the
circs. I probably wasn't doing it right, but I happened across a set of
DPNs of the right size & switched to them. That sock requires 4, not 5
DPNs, so that the top of the sock and the gusset parts are on separate
needles, which makes it easier to keep track of the color pattern, but
you have to be extra careful with that triangle shape to tighten the sts
where the knitting goes from one needle to the next.

Old October 1st 06, 06:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Spampot ?? i had to giggle,[excuse me], never happened with the
circulars , but did happen with the DPs,,,
mirjam

Old October 1st 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Speaking from UK, where almost all dpns come in sets of 4, I've found that
I'm quite likely to have the stitches crammed on to the needles and lose
them off the end, and of course, I frequently grab the wrong one as Spampot
said. I'd do pretty much anything to avoid that!! Oh and I find the
"ladders" are easier to avoid with 2 circs or ML
Love & higs
Christine