Trade: Do you have a Little Torch you no longer want or need?

Old November 21st 03, 09:04 AM
Tink

Default Trade: Do you have a Little Torch you no longer want or need?

I've had such great success here with trading that I thought I'd post my
latest need. I'm looking for a Little Torch, ideally one with one or more
tips #2.

It's my understanding that this torch requires Propane or MAPP gas (or other
Propylene fuel). Does that mean natural gas is out of the question? Steve,
you use one of these, right? I would much prefer using natural gas, if
possible. If you know of another pinpoint flame type handheld torch that
might work for me, please let me know.

Thanks!

--
Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Now offering private lampworking instruction!
http://snurl.com/2pun for auctions...

Old November 21st 03, 12:46 PM
Karen_AZ

Tink, what are you planning to use the Little Torch for? I have some
experience with one, as well as an acetylene handheld, and if I'm thinking
what you're thinking, the LT might not be exactly what you want.

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old November 22nd 03, 04:00 AM
Louis Cage

I have one and it works great for the stump sucker. I can't see any
reason why it wouldn't work with natural gas. The only problem I have ever
had is that it seems to need its own fuel and O2 source. When I try and
tree it off the line for the other torches the pressure is too much. I
bought mine used and it came with little regulators to use on the 1lb
canisters of propane and O2.
Larry Thornhill showed me that trick. But I think he is putting his stump
sucker on a metal plate and heating that on a hot plate. He has replaced
the brass piece with a much longer piece to keep from melting the rubber
hose.
Doncha just love a stump sucker when you get it to work right?
--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques

"Karen_AZ" wrote in message
Tink, what are you planning to use the Little Torch for? I have some
experience with one, as well as an acetylene handheld, and if I'm

thinking
what you're thinking, the LT might not be exactly what you want.

Lampworking - need torch advice. BethF Beads 15 January 23rd 05 07:13 AM
BFNR!! (or) no longer a virgin CLP Beads 27 November 10th 03 05:57 AM
Foil Lined Glass Beads with larger holes (where to buy or trade)? CrystalLuv Beads 0 September 10th 03 02:00 AM
Bead Trade starlia Beads 12 September 9th 03 05:44 AM
OT sort of - web graphics needed, trade for beads? Kandice Seeber Beads 6 July 12th 03 10:52 PM