At last!

Old November 10th 13, 07:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patricia Storey

Default At last!

Yesterday, at last, the table in my sewing became covered in fabric and
block patterns - and one block was made.
After a long, desert from P&Q during the spring and summer I am on the
way.
I'm relieved that it feels so good, because I was beginning to be afraid
that I'd never get the urge back.

Pat on the green
Old November 10th 13, 11:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Liz Megerle

On 11/10/2013 1:37 PM, Patricia Storey wrote:

Yesterday, at last, the table in my sewing became covered in fabric and
block patterns - and one block was made.
After a long, desert from P&Q during the spring and summer I am on the
way.
I'm relieved that it feels so good, because I was beginning to be afraid
that I'd never get the urge back.

Pat on the green

Hooray!
I hemmed two pair of pants - at least I used a sewing machine....
Liz
Old November 11th 13, 03:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Yeah ! One block at a time. First comes the small steps of deciding on a block pattern then pulling the fabrics. Those steps can take quite a while!

And on to do another one, right?
Ginger in CA

Old November 11th 13, 07:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Last week I 'finished' two Christmas stockings that my SIL needlepointed in
1970 for her daughter. Didn't know how, never had - but SIL died this summer
and our niece very badly wanted them completed. Week before? I replaced the
canvas awning at our back door. Totally uninspired and just weary, I've
been hemming receiving blankets for needy babies.
Having a quilt block beginning sounds just so lovely. Polly

Old November 11th 13, 11:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 10/11/2013 18:37, Patricia Storey wrote:

Yesterday, at last, the table in my sewing became covered in fabric and
block patterns - and one block was made.
After a long, desert from P&Q during the spring and summer I am on the
way.
I'm relieved that it feels so good, because I was beginning to be afraid
that I'd never get the urge back.

Glad your mojo has reappeared, Pat. Sometimes it just seems to need a break.

Lizzy

--
http://lizzyastro.etsy.com
http://www.instructables.com/member/lizzyastro/
Old November 11th 13, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

I am so glad you are getting back to the p and q Pat. Sometimes life gets
in the way and we get side tracked. A few years ago I was in the duldrums
with my quilting. Took a long time to really get back into it. The kids
charity
quilts were my motivator along with the wonderful group of gals I sew with
a couple times a month. We have spent the last year rehabbing our 'new'
house and I am just again getting back into really doing some quilting. It
feels good. Good for you. A quilt is made one block at a time, just keep
plugging away and let us know. We are so glad we can be your cheerleaders!
Hugs, Taria

. ..

Old November 11th 13, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patricia Storey

Thanks ever so much for the encouragement, Taria and everyone. It feels
so good to be talking P&Q (rather than broken Sky box, boiler problems,
gardening in the rain etc!). This afternoon one of my quilting friends
came for lunch. Her style couldn't be more different from mine. She
had brought along a completed, vibrant floral pink and green (basically)
quilt for her daughter. I showed her what I did on Saturday, to
continue what was started in September 2012! The quilt was going to be
all black and white (black on white contrasting with white on black!! -
so really bright - not g). I had decided that I would have to
introduce a colour, so I decided on green (of course!). Well, Meg was
kind enough to say that she liked it - asked me what I would quilt it
with. She wanted red, until she saw the green, so we settled on a
variegated green! I hadn't given any thought to quilting thread at this
stage.
I feel so much more optimistic, too. Another friend said that my
'spirit' needed creativity to work properly, and that block on Saturday
did a whole lot of healing all by itself. What a welcome thought.

Really lovely to hear from you all; glad you're sewing again, too,
Taria.

Pat on the green
..
In article , says...

Old November 12th 13, 11:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

Glad you're back quilting Pat and Taria.

I had a ufo New Years resolution this year. Only one completed though!
Our WI challenge for this year for the Suffolk Show is making various
specified items for charity and I have been given the job of
co-ordinating Project Linus Quilts. These won't be judged at the show.
Out of 70 ladies two of us make quilts as a regular thing, one has made
one for a grandchild and another does beautiful sewing, but not quilts!
Lets hope more come out of the woodwork! I have sorted through my fabric
and am ready to begin, but actually starting seems to be the difficult
bit! I would like to get something simple done for the January meeting
so the lurkers might volunteer and not be frightened off! I am hoping
that the fact that their work won't be judged (and the criticisms are
usually harsh) will encourage them - I know it has frightened people
away in the past. I just have to actually start!

I've also been asked to do the breast cancer heart-shaped pillow which
will be judged. I have two pretty sets of fqs that have been in my stash
for ages which will be just right. Just have to decide on a pattern (and
again do more than just think!).

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

Old November 12th 13, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patricia Storey

It is surprisingly difficult to do more than think, isn't it?
I have done that more than anything else (in the P&Q line) for about
three years - there's always something else. But, after feeling my
spirits raised on Sunday, after just one block, I am going to have to
rate P&Q above most other to-dos in future.
I was planning to sew this afternoon; but it is such a lovely day, I
will go into the garden for an hour or so until it starts getting dark -
plenty of time left after my cup of tea!

Good luck with all your plans Sally.
Ludlow Quilters next Show and Tell isn't until January, so I should be
able to surprise a few people by then - I'm susre some of the members
think that my sole purpose is to think up difficult challenges for them
to do g

Pat on the green
..
In article ,