Yar! Ahoy Matey!

Old September 30th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

Default Yar! Ahoy Matey!

A week late (two weeks late?) for TLAP day, but a month early for
Halloween. I'm sending the sprout out as a pirate this year, this is
part of his costume. Next I need to make him an eyepatch (black with
an orange S&B) but that won't take long. I made this
dubblemussa-style using Cascade220 in black and tangerine and added a
full capliner that I knitted up from some leftover Cherry Tree Hill I
had in the stash - a very scary cap with a nice soft rainbow-colored
liner

This is based on the HelloYarn cap. I took out the vertical 5-stitch
divider to bring the cap down to kid size without ruining the skull
and bones motifs.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old September 30th 06, 03:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

For your viewing pleasure, the links:

~55k http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/pix/yar_matey_small.jpg
~200k http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/pix/yar_matey_big.jpg

+++++++++++++

Old September 30th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Wooly wrote:
For your viewing pleasure, the links:

~55k http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/pix/yar_matey_small.jpg
~200k http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/pix/yar_matey_big.jpg

Gorgeous!

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 30th 06, 09:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Eastern Edge

Katherine wrote:
Wooly wrote:
For your viewing pleasure, the links:

~55k http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/pix/yar_matey_small.jpg
~200k http://www.fysh.org/~slinky/pix/yar_matey_big.jpg

Gorgeous!

Higs,
Katherine

Gorgeous is right!
I saw that link in my travels for a three-corner hat but my knitting is
nowhere near the level where I could handle it because my boy would
certainly flip for it....and my DH too

damn...I don't regret not knitting well very often

Absolutely wonderful job on the hat!!
Michelle

Old September 30th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

My big boys would love that one - Judy

Old September 30th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Wooly" wrote in message
A week late (two weeks late?) for TLAP day, but a month early for
Halloween.

"TLAP" day????? Please explain..

Thanks
Shelagh

Old September 30th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Wooly" wrote in message

This is based on the HelloYarn cap. I took out the vertical 5-stitch
divider to bring the cap down to kid size without ruining the skull
and bones motifs.

Love the skull motif............. oh if only I had more time.............

Shelagh

Old September 30th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 12:07:56 -0500, "Shillelagh"
spewed forth :

"TLAP" day????? Please explain..

Talk Like a Pirate. Yaaarrrrr!

+++++++++++++

Old September 30th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 12:09:27 -0500, "Shillelagh"
spewed forth :

"Wooly" wrote in message
.. .

This is based on the HelloYarn cap. I took out the vertical 5-stitch
divider to bring the cap down to kid size without ruining the skull
and bones motifs.

Love the skull motif............. oh if only I had more time.............

Shelagh

Really it's a fast knit. I made this cap on 100 stitches, each motif
is only 14 rounds high. Add back the 5-stitch dividers between every
two motifs and you're still looking at only 120 stitches. This cap
took me a total of about 10 hours to knit, including the liner.
Follow the pattern and make a turned-under hem instead and it'll be
probably a 7-hour knit.