Podcast

Old July 30th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Judy

Default Podcast

I just found a quilting podcast for anyone who is into that. It's called
Driven to Quilt and I only listened to a couple but it sounds pretty
cool. I wonder if she has ever posted here (?)

I liked it, not affiliated, etc. I got it from iTunes but I think you
can get it here, too:

http://www.dreamweavers-quilts.com/

Judy
Old July 30th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr

That's a great site! I love the t-shirts. I want to go back and
explore the blogs later.

Old July 30th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Judy wrote:

I just found a quilting podcast for anyone who is into that. It's called
Driven to Quilt and I only listened to a couple but it sounds pretty
cool. I wonder if she has ever posted here (?)

I liked it, not affiliated, etc. I got it from iTunes but I think you
can get it here, too:

http://www.dreamweavers-quilts.com/

Judy

Thanks, Judy! I love finding new podcasts, so I'll give this one a try.
Did you know that Alex Anderson has a podcast, too? You can get it
through iTunes, Alex's site
http://www.alexandersonquilts.com/main.php, or -- I think -- the
Bernina site.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old July 30th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

If you go to the podcast directory in iTunes (click on podcasts on the left,
then at the bottom of the list of podcasts, click on directory), and do a
search for "quilting", you'll get about a dozen podcasts. Haven't listened
to them, NAYY, etc etc etc.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old July 30th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Went to itunes.com but did not find a directory of podcasts. the only
thing on the left were ads for products. Maybe itunes/com isn't the
place?

Kay Ahr in NV

- - - - -

Old July 30th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kathy Applebaum

No, you do it in the iTunes program (which will connect to the internet on
its own), not in a browser. Sorry I didn't make that clear!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps
http://www.kayneyquilting.com ,
http://fabrictramp.typepad.com/fabric_tramping/
remove the obvious to reply

oups.com...

Old July 30th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AliceW

Oh, wonderful! I have gotten hooked on podcasts for my 1 hour commute home.
I get most of them from iTunes. I hook up my iPod to my car radio and it
works great. I download Alex Anderson's and I can listen to 4 of them per
trip since they are 15 minutes long. I also download some computer ones
that Leo Leporte does if anyone followed him on the Screensavers program.
He has several that are very educational as well as entertaining.

I will look for the quilting one when I sync up tonight to refill my iPod -
which I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!
--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

:

Old July 31st 06, 12:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Podcast & iTunes

Howdy!

My iMac came w/ iTunes installed,
so Kathy's directions work for me. g

At the iTunes site clicking "overview" brings up a picture of the
screen I have for iTunes, showing that chart on the left that includes
the podcast, music store, etc. offerings.
The site says the download is free for Mac & Windows.
Just below that there's a search box, I type in "quilting" and it takes
me over to my iTunes screen again, w/ a list of those quilting programs,
most of them free.

Good luck!
Ragmop/Sandy --not affiliated and all that junk, just happy w/ the iMac ;-D

On 7/30/06 3:56 PM, in article
, "Kay Ahr"

Old July 31st 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
"AliceW" wrote:

Oh, wonderful! I have gotten hooked on podcasts for my 1 hour commute home.

Oh, then you need Annie Smith's podcasts. They are all about an hour
long on different quilting topics.

http://www.simplearts.com/blogs/index.php

marcella
Old July 31st 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Gotcha! Sounds like I need to download and install iTunes for Windows.
I guess it was on my old computer. I did find something called Polar
Bowler. Could have used that last week in the 100-degree temperatures!

Maybe in the morning when I'm willing to tangle with installs. At this
point I'm wondering how I listen to other podcasts.

Thanks,
Kay Ahr in NV

Kathy Applebaum wrote:
No, you do it in the iTunes program (which will connect to the internet on
its own), not in a browser. Sorry I didn't make that clear!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps
http://www.kayneyquilting.com ,