covered clothes hanger

Old May 29th 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
JeanP

Default covered clothes hanger

-------------------------------------

anyone know of a pattern or instructions for covering a clothes hanger to
make a lingerie storage hanger. You sew a cover with pockets and storage
sections and embellish it with lace and pretties.

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing - 3457 messages and counting!
Old June 3rd 08, 01:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Stef[_2_]

On May 29, 4:27*am, (JeanP) wrote:
-------------------------------------

anyone know of a pattern or instructions for covering a clothes hanger to
make a lingerie storage hanger. *You sew a cover with pockets and storage
sections and embellish it with lace and pretties.

Delivered via *http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing - 3457 messages and counting!

I don't have a pattern but I used to make them takinging plastic
hangers (the kind with three sides like a triangle), glueing material
(whatever type you want...I think I used something with flowers) on
one side of the hanger with a hot glue gun, and trimming the excess.
Then I'd fill it with potpourri and over the other side with either
the same fabric, something matching or just gauze (like what brides
have on their viels). I'd trim that side and then glue ribbon around
the edges on both sides to hide the seams, also wrapping ribbon over
the actual hanger part of the hanger (if that makes sense :-) ).

They always worked out very well and left a pretty scent on the
clothes.

Stef

Covered Clothes Hanger JeanP Sewing 1 May 29th 08 07:04 AM
strip hanger Boca Jan Quilting 10 September 22nd 04 08:14 PM
Open Windows Plant Hanger Julie A. Bolduc Yarn 0 September 22nd 04 12:23 AM
fs&fa FOR QUILT PIECING, Doll Clothes Piecing, Children Clothes Piecing – FINEST IRON AVAILABLE AT ANY PRICE! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 1 August 9th 04 11:10 PM
Penny rug felt applique hanger CHARLES MURPHY Quilting 1 December 30th 03 04:46 PM