Best source for sterling silver snake chain?

Old June 1st 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
lavachickie

Default Best source for sterling silver snake chain?

I'm a glass fuser, selling my pendants. I want to include a good
quality 18" or 20" snake chain as an option -- preferably for a low
"add-on" price. Of course I want CHEAP, but I also want the cost to
balance well with quality.

I'm swimming in options when I search online, of course. I'd love to
get a direct recommendation from someone who can vouch for a company's
quality and reliability! I'm buying wholesale, and will probably buy a
small quantity (20 of each) to get started.

I have tried buying off of sellers on eBay, but the chain quality was
AWFUL despite good descriptions and pictures. The last batch I just
ditched, because there's no way I'd pair those with my pendants, the
first time you tug the necklace by mistake it would have popped right
off the connection from chain to clasp was so slim. Ick.

I don't have my Rio Grande catalogs anymore, or any old invoices, so I
can't create a login on their site. While I've requested another
catalog, I need to get an order in this weekend and can't wait for the
catalog to arrive.

Amy

Old June 1st 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
arnold

lavachickie wrote:

I don't have my Rio Grande catalogs anymore, or any old invoices, so I
can't create a login on their site. While I've requested another
catalog, I need to get an order in this weekend and can't wait for the
catalog to arrive.

Amy

My phone still connects with Rio at 800-545-6566.

If you have an honest business relationship with them in the past, I'm
sure they will welcome you back.

arnold
..
Old June 5th 07, 09:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Sarit Wolfus

On Jun 1, 6:45 am, lavachickie wrote:
[...]

Hi Amy,
For the quantities mentioned I'd recommend checking with Pasternak
Findings (http://www.pasternakfindings.com). They have good prices,
excellent quality and service.
Do your homework and check also with other large suppliers:
http://www.riogrande.com
http://www.stuller.com/
http://www.cooksongold.com/

Sarit.
http://sarit-jewelry.com

Old June 8th 07, 07:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
lavachickie

My phone still connects with Rio at 800-545-6566.

If you have an honest business relationship with them in the past, I'm
sure they will welcome you back.

arnold

My point was that I wanted to browse product and place an order in
short order... not in two weeks after awaiting the arrival of the new
catalogs.

Thanks to all that responded; I got some great recommendations in e-
mail, and actually tried two different suppliers!

Amy

The difference between Tibetan silver vs. Sterling silver ? bk51atwork Jewelry 4 March 26th 08 08:19 AM
Repair or replace broken snake chain? drbob Jewelry 1 January 20th 07 02:21 AM
soldering snake chain slawdog Jewelry 9 October 28th 05 04:49 PM
Sterling Silver Snake Chains Charlie Jewelry 6 August 23rd 05 05:37 AM
Swarovski sterling chain bracelets Christina Peterson Beads 1 June 14th 05 12:19 AM