Another finish

Old January 24th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Another finish

Well, everyone is reporting finishing things, so I'll fall in line....

I just finished Elizabeth's Designs Forest Song. It is SO pretty. I loved
stitching all those leaves.
--
Jere

Old January 25th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Jere Williams wrote:
Well, everyone is reporting finishing things, so I'll fall in line....

I just finished Elizabeth's Designs Forest Song. It is SO pretty. I loved
stitching all those leaves.
--
Jere

Congratulations! I went to the website for Elizabeth's designs and
checked out forest songs. The leaves do look lovely- what are your
plans for finishing?

Old January 25th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I had a frame in mind -- but it's large-ish and a bit ornate, and I'm
re-thinking that. I want a frame that will really highlight the project
itself.

I have a pretty gold metal stand that I think I'll sit it on, and put it on
an end table in the living room, rather than hanging it.

My daughter suggested making it into a throw pillow, but I'm not even
considering subjecting all those pretty leaves to that sort of abuse!
--
Jere

Old January 25th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Jere Williams wrote:
I had a frame in mind -- but it's large-ish and a bit ornate, and I'm
re-thinking that. I want a frame that will really highlight the project
itself.

I have a pretty gold metal stand that I think I'll sit it on, and put it on
an end table in the living room, rather than hanging it.

My daughter suggested making it into a throw pillow, but I'm not even
considering subjecting all those pretty leaves to that sort of abuse!
--
Jere

I have a few pillows that I've made that sort of sit on the mantle on
display. No way am I gonna let my cross stitch sit on the sofa to be
abused by kitties!

Old January 26th 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Chris Howard wrote:

I have a few pillows that I've made that sort of sit on the mantle on
display. No way am I gonna let my cross stitch sit on the sofa to be
abused by kitties!

Harrumph! I do not abuse the cross-stitch. I snuggle up to it and
shed, but that's all.

Mom says to tell you that it's the nice long stitches on the bargello
pillow that get abused, but I say that's my sister's doing!

Love, Miss Kitty
Old January 26th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Miss Kitty,
You sure must be better behaved than us! One time Mommy bought this
cute cat pillow that had buttons for eyes and threads for whiskers. It
took us less than a day to rip the buttons off the cat's eyes and we
still like to work the whiskers over whenever possible. We refuse to
tolerate any graven cat images in this household!

How did you convince your Mommy that you are so good? We try and try to
look innocent, but our Mommy ain't buying it.

Mulder, Leeloo and Petaline aka cats of the Howard household

Old January 26th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Chris Howard wrote:

Miss Kitty,

How did you convince your Mommy that you are so good? We try and try to
look innocent, but our Mommy ain't buying it.

Mulder, Leeloo and Petaline aka cats of the Howard household

I do my best to convince Mommy that my stupid sister is responsible for
everything that goes wrong. Sometimes she believes it. Sometimes, I
get caught anyway ... I should've looked to see if Emilie was curled up
in Mom's lap before I knocked the Christmas tree over (for the tenth
time this holiday season)!

But I'm much too ladylike to destroy her stitching. (Anyway, I was
threatened that if I claw at her cross-stitch, she's going to cut my
paws off so I don't do it again. I don't think she's serious, but I'm
not taking any chances.)

Love, Miss Kitty
Old January 28th 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

I have finished Both Twisted Threads patterns, one Puffin pattern, one
tiger bookmark, Garfield's Diet, and I am working on another Wolf(begining
to dislike wolfs). But nothing is framed or ready for gift giving. LOL
Yes, I have been house caged. Cabin fever has set in.

Old January 28th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Genghis Khan's Wife wrote:
I have finished Both Twisted Threads patterns, one Puffin pattern, one
tiger bookmark, Garfield's Diet, and I am working on another Wolf(begining
to dislike wolfs). But nothing is framed or ready for gift giving. LOL
Yes, I have been house caged. Cabin fever has set in.

Congrats! Do you have any of pics of your finished works?