off topick - welp, here too

Old January 13th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default off topick - welp, here too

We weren't supposed to get hit with the ice storm here where I live, but
things have changed overnight. Starting this afternoon, we are going to get
48 hrs. of freezing rain. Yikes! But don't fret none, the Royal Consort
Bob is home, and we will be well prepared by then, as will our elderly
neighbors. Bless is royal big heart. However, we will most likely lose
power, and I will be incommunicado. But we're okay. Hugs all!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old January 13th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Wash and dry everything and every body you can catch. See if there's
anything fragile in your freezer and cook it. Thawed crab and chocolate ice
cream can be a right disgusting combination. And stay smart. Polly

Old January 13th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Good points, Polly. The venison, pork, and beef can fend for themselves in
that deep freeze. But I do believe all that ice cream should be eaten, so
it doesn't go to waste. After that, I will have enough sugar high to make
bread, cook the hamburger and pork that's in the refrigerator, bring in the
lamp oil, clean the lamps........ well, you get the picture. But for now,
ICE CREAM DUTY!

LOL

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old January 13th 07, 04:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

No, I won't tackle the deep freeze. Like I said, that meat can fend for
itself. I just have to cook the meat that's in the refrigerator, in case we
lose power to keep things cool. Stay safe, everyone.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Karen,

If your freezer is well packed, as in full, it should last up to three
days with no electricity. Now this is the rule of thumb that they
teach freezer repairmen. But it also means keeping the door closed.
We have been without power for up to four days and I haven't lost a
thing. Ice-Cream did get soft but all the meats and veggies were
fine. I have 2 big freezers and two on refrigerators, well this also
depends on if it is a true zero degree freezer. But more than likely
you don't have to cook all that meat.

Jacqueline in KY

Old January 13th 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cindy Schmidt

We survived pretty well last night here in Mid MO. About 1" of ice but the
temps are already melting that off the roads. Trees are beautiful with all
that ice on em but man are they hanging low. Hope not to lose any branches.
I am one of the lucky ones in my area not to lose power. Currently there
are about 85,000 ++ that have.

Wonder how Leslie is doing?

--
Cindy from MO

Old January 13th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

I'm here- at work right now. It's very cold and very windy, but the
precipitation is still rain. I think it's close to freezing temps
right now, but.... (fingers crossed) And hoping the cloud cover
doesn't let the temp drop any further over night. Glad everyone is
managing. Keep warm.

Now, Karen, get out of the ice cream! You've had enough! LOL

Leslie & The Furbabies in chilly, wet MO.

Old January 13th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Aww gee whiz. Okay, I'll get out of it for now. But if my power goes out,
I'm heading back in to save the ice cream!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old January 13th 07, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Speaking of washing and drying everything, I did up all the laundry and
washed the 1/2 load in the dishwasher.

No way did I want to be caught (yet again) with a hamper full of dirty
clothes and sinks full of dirty dishes. (although we DO have a gas Hot water
heater so I guess dishes could be done). I don't even mind heat going out
( I finally get cool enough), but I do mind no sewing machine. I have a ton
of hand work I could do, so I will keep busy. We have a propane stove in
the garage so DH will keep us fed. I don't think we are going to lose power
here in SE Kansas because our precip is coming down mostly as sleet.

Driving was interesting awhile ago. My windshield wipers must have dry
rotted from lack of use and disintegrated when I tried to clean off my
windshield. Made it home with more movies so DH will stay occupied while I
sew to my hearts content. Got soup on the stove and all is right with the
world (for now anyway)

Cindy