Snow! Lots of snow. NOT OT btw

Old September 16th 06, 06:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
~KK in BC~

Default Snow! Lots of snow. NOT OT btw

Now, what better motivator to get one in a mood for a warm soft cuddly
quilt? And a big pot of stew on the stove.

Yes. We have snow.

And to celebrate (can you sense a tad bit of sarcasm?) I dusted off my
sewing machines. I know it's not much, but now they are dusted, blown out
and oiled and ready to take that first stitch in oh such a long long time.

I pulled out my bits. The 3/4 strips that have got me frustrated and excited
at the same time. I work on them when there isn't anything else that calls
me, but I have that urge to sew. I am about half way there with them. I am
going to have to do some collecting again soon of these lovelies, but at
least I have enough to play for a while. Who knew that it would take a
bazillion itty bitty pieces of 3/4 inch wide strips to make back into a lap
quilt sized piece of fabric again?? On the other hand, think of it this way,
those itty bitty pieces still cost money and with all the ones I have put
back together they could maybe measure out to be about 1.5 meters already!
**I dont even want to think of the amount of thread I have consumed already!
Not top grade thread, but not cheapo either**

I really wanted to say thanks to all of you for your ideas and your
wonderful words and for .....well for just being who you all are! I read
daily, sometimes often during the day, and you never fail to give me ideas,
emotions and that little bit more of motivation each day.

~KK in BC~ off to sweep off the snowy steps yet again... It's too early for
this stuff!! waaaa

Old September 16th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

~KK in BC~ wrote:
[...]

Oh, brrrr!!!! I am SO not looking forward to snow coming this year.
It's been so busy I hardly got to do any summer things. It's just
starting to feel like fall here in Michigan some days, and that's cool
enough for me. :-)

Vicky

Old September 16th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Snow? You have snow?? It's over 90 here today in Kansas! In the cool 60's
and 70's last week. I may get to swim in my pool when it's done after all.

Cindy - where we shouldn't have snow yet, but it should be a lot cooler than
this.

Old September 16th 06, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Don/Gen

Lucky you. I wish summer would hurry up and leave. I put out all my fall
decorations, hoping that would send it on it's way--no luck. I love Fall
and Winter.
Gen

Old September 16th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Don/Gen

where in MI are you? Any chance of meeting some of us in Novi the 29th?
Gen

I Oh, brrrr!!!! I am SO not looking forward to snow coming this

Snow Carolyn McCarty Quilting 4 November 25th 04 03:32 PM
The Snow Quilt Julia Altshuler Quilting 3 July 8th 04 02:36 AM
ebay: Lots & Lots of Yarns and Crochet Threads *and* Annie's Attic Plastic Canvas Mail Order collection-possibly complete! marilyn safier Marketplace 0 June 6th 04 07:59 PM
OT - Styrofoam Snow? SunnyQuilt Quilting 17 March 26th 04 07:27 PM