Two Cool, Cool packages

Old July 16th 04, 01:50 AM
starlia

Default Two Cool, Cool packages

We love you too! I was hoping her other package got there today...but maybe
it will be there tomorrow. hehehe

My girls are part werewolf too. However they get that from their mom. I'm
sure the folks behind me at McDonald's yesterday were laughing hysterically
because I ripped open a box I was waiting on. Before the payment window
there is a trash can. All they could see were parts of box going in.
hehehehe

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
When I got back from the hospital today, I knw for an absolute
honest-to-goodness fact that Manda had not let Sophie out _all day._

How did I know this? Because there were packages on the back porch,
and Manda hadn't fetched (and opened) them. Among the necessary but
boring packages from Cabela's and Drugstore.com, there was a wicked
awesome package, addressed to me. Manda had a package from our own
Starlia, but of course, I was way more concerned with my own stuff.
;-)

I carried the little package upstairs, and confronted Manda about
letting Sophie out. Because I am a big meanie, I insisted that
Sophie go outside before Manda could open her package. (heh, heh,
heh). She must have squeezed that poor dog over the lawn, because
they were back upstairs in record time. Manda was ripping up the box
that contained her package. (I swear, this kid is part werewolf when
it comes to opening packages - there are never any reusable boxes
afterward, and all the cardboard looks like it was chewed)

The package contained a lovely wooden armadillo, an armadillo card,
and Armando the Armadillo. Armando isn't anywhere near as scary in
bead form as he was on the web page - he's actually very, very cute.
(Did you guys know that we've never seen a real armadillo before?
It's not like they wander the streets in Boston) I had bought some
yellow rose beads from Starlia, and they were in there, as well as
pink rose beads. I thought that they were for me, but only
momentarily, because Manda showed me a line on the card that said the
pink roses were for her. Drat.

The other package was for me, although Manda generously offered to
open the box for me. The return address had our own Linda N.'s
address on it, and I was really curious as to what it could possibly
contain. When I opened the box (I declined Manda's kind offer), I
saw lovely glittery stuff, a silver heart shaped box and a business
card that read "hehehehehe (see over)."

Huh? I turned the card over and saw it was Joan Eckard's card, from
Mothwoman studios. Even more confused, I opened the box and started
laughing uproariously. Manda came over, looked over my shoulder at
what was in the box and said, "You guys are seriously warped."

The box contained a Zeebree bead! It's the teeniest little zebra
I've ever seen, mounted on a toothpick, the spitting image of
Zeebree. When I finally stopped laughing, Manda told me that I
brought this on myself. I reminded her that she was the one who
invented Zeebree, and she countered that is exactly why it was my
fault: if I hadn't quashed Ken the Killer Imaginary Rabbit, Zeebree
would have had no reason to come to our house.

yeah, right.

One thing I want to know is how Joan made such a detailed zebra in
such a teeny size. Just pulling the stringer must have been an
incredible challenge. I'm going to write her and see if she took a
photo, and if not, I'm going to try and take a picture of this bead.
It's so tiny that I'm not sure I'll be able to do so.

I think that Zeebree is going to have to go on a silver chain to
remind my teenaged daughter to be nice to her Mama. Manda also wants
a silver chain for Armando, to remind her Mama that Zeebree is not
alone in the universe. And yeah, we're warped.

Have I mentioned that I love you guys?

Kathy N-V

Old July 16th 04, 02:46 AM
Kandice Seeber

ROFLMAO!!! Zeebree! That's perfect, Kathy.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 16th 04, 03:04 AM
Linda2

"Kathy N-V" wrote:

[...]

Hehehehe. Valerie, Colette and I have been giggling like idiots since the
IGBS in Ft Myers, knowing that the little zebra bead was on it's way to you.
The minute I saw it, I knew it had to be for you. And Sooz was in on it,
too, since I had to get your addy from her. Of course, "Ken" made me impale
that little zebra on half of a bamboo skewer so it would really resemble
Zeebree.

I'm so glad he made it there safely.

Linda2

Old July 16th 04, 05:36 AM
Valerie

Hehehehe. Valerie, Colette and I have been giggling like idiots since the
IGBS in Ft Myers, knowing that the little zebra bead was on it's way to you.

Oh god, we've been waiting for this!! All I can say is "hehehehehe".

Valerie

Old July 16th 04, 05:10 PM
Dr. Sooz

HAW HAW HAW!!! (I've been waiting for Zeebree the Tiny to get there) HAW!!
~~
Sooz
Old July 16th 04, 05:11 PM
Dr. Sooz

I'm so glad he made it there safely.

Linda2

Linda, you are a sick, sick genius!!
~~
Sooz
Old July 16th 04, 08:34 PM
Valerie

Acually, shouldn't it be "heh, heh, heh?"

YES! I couldn't remember how you wrote it when you told the story. ;-)

Valerie

Old July 17th 04, 07:46 AM
KDK

How great!!! Love the sound of those packages!

And I saw some armadillos on my drive - but they were all roadkill

Kathy K

Old July 17th 04, 09:38 AM
Su/Cutworks

KathyK wrote:

And I saw some armadillos on my drive - but they were all roadkill

When I drove to Baton Rouge to visit my daughter I couldn't begin to count
the number of dead armadillos I saw. All flat on their backs with their
little legs in the air!

It was surreal.

-Su

Old July 17th 04, 01:26 PM
Su/Cutworks

Kathy N-V wrote:

When I drove to Baton Rouge to visit my daughter I couldn't begin to

count
the number of dead armadillos I saw. All flat on their backs with their
little legs in the air!

It was surreal.

Ewww. Are they suicide animals, like squirrels?

Apparently they sort of hunker down when a car approaches, and when the car
passes over they panic and jump up, which can do serious damage to the car
transmission, according to my s-i-l. He also supplied the info that when
armadillo are killed the reason they end up flat on their back is that the
armor plate along the spine is flat and as they umm... inflate in the heat
they automatically roll over onto the flat spot.

It must be true because almost every dead armadillo we saw was flat on its
back with all four legs sticking up. Sort of pathetic looking in a bizarre
way.

-Su

Cool Bead Shop! (UK) Charlie Beads 10 July 16th 04 06:26 PM
Saucy Cool Colors of the Southwest Beads 4WC ---- They are mine! I won! Harry Beads 16 January 25th 04 09:42 PM
Super cool bead book I got last night Kyla Beads 3 January 12th 04 08:06 PM
How cool is this? Linx Beads 6 July 11th 03 05:59 AM
AD - Cool Beader's T-shirts and mugs for sale! Dr. Sooz Beads 0 July 10th 03 03:40 AM