OT Hugs to Polly Esther's DSIL and DD

Old December 8th 05, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Hugs to Polly Esther's DSIL and DD

Well you are most certainly welcome and you humble me with your gratitude.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
k.net...
from Dianne and Bruce to so very many warm-hearted wonderful rctq folks:
First we were clobbered by Hurricane Katrina. An awful lot of what we
owned was flooded or simply washed away. More than 3 months later, the
destruction of Katrina continues. Mighty oaks and the supporting beams in
some homes are giving up and letting go.
Through all of this we have been sustained by your concern and prayers.
Yesterday, our Hug arrived. The love in this quilt is a power we simply
could never have imagined. We had many times seen mama mail off a hug
block but had no idea how quilt blocks from all over could get together
and become such a joy and treasure.
Bruce and I have been squished, and thunked and just covered up in rctq
Christmas tree decorations; crocheted, tatted, quilted, painted, stuffed,
store-bought, hand-made, grapes, kitties, Yorkies, angels, boots, bells,
embroidered, beaded, lace, lights and stars. (This begins to sound as if
Dr. Seuss is writing it.) It would be a help if he would - because we feel
so embraced that we are speechless.
We wish we had words to tell you how it feels to be so covered by your
love. God bless you all, Dianne and Bruce (who have never been
surprised that mama thinks her name is Polly Esther)

Old December 8th 05, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I wasn't part of the HUG, but that must be the most wonderful thank-you I've
ever seen! Congrats to Polly for raising such a lovely daughter.

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b