If you love quilts... and love cows.... OR

Old June 1st 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default If you love quilts... and love cows.... OR

It is becoming quite a popular thing.
The first I ever heard of it was the pigs in Cinncinati.
There are moose in Toronto, buffalo in Buffalo, fish in Erie PA and so
on. Our Ash's pediatrician's office bought one of Buffalo's buffalo.
They have it in their airlock.

NightMist

On Sat, 31 May 2008 21:55:08 -0800, "steve"
wrote:

Hi

Every year in the winter Anchorage chooses 30 or so people that they give
fiberglass salmon to, to be decorated. They are then placed around town and
at the end of summer are auctioned off for charity. Many years there has
been one that seems to have a quilty theme to it. If memory serves me
right, something like this is done in or near the Gatlinburg area. It might
have been somewhere else but they used Bears I think.

http://www.wildsalmononparade.com/

Really fun to see.

Steven
Alaska

"Kate G." wrote in message
if you live in Texas....

You'll love this!

http://www.ymb.net/cowspotting/houston/4-36.jpg

A calico cow! What else!!

--
Kate in MI

Nothing has been the same since that house fell on my sister.
Old June 1st 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr[_2_]

Yes, I remember the pigs in Cincinnati! Maybe I was living there at the
time. Or visiting family.

There were cows in Washington, DC one year. Wonder what that was about. . .
--
Kay Ahr in NV
http://community.webshots.com/user/kayahr

Old June 1st 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Kate G." wrote:

if you live in Texas....

You'll love this!

http://www.ymb.net/cowspotting/houston/4-36.jpg

A calico cow! What else!!

I don't live in Texas, but I visit it on occasion. I'm not a cow-person,
but I do love quilts, and I did love that photo! G

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old June 2nd 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I'm going to Texas tomorrow! I won't be checking the newsgroup for a couple
weeks, so y'all be good. I'm going to visit my mother who is having some
health issues. I'm starting some of the preliminary clean out of some of her
stuff. She has a LOT of stuff. You wouldn't believe....... I won't even
make a dent. But at some point this will have to be done, whether it's now
or ten years from now when I will feel even LESS like doing it!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old June 2nd 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd[_3_]

Default OT Cleaning out was If you love quilts... and love cows.... OR

Have a safe trip. I understand about the cleaning out. I'm trying to do
that with my parents who are in their 80s. He doesn't want to part with his
stuff and she doesn't want to part with hers and both want to part with the
others. LOL I found tax returns dating back to the 50s when they moved
into this house. There are enough Christmas decorations to decorate 5
homes. A 4 drawer dresser full of table clothes for the dining table. You
get the idea. We do have a load ready to take to Hospice Thrift Shop
tomorrow.

--
Mary
http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community
"KJ" wrote in message
I'm going to Texas tomorrow! I won't be checking the newsgroup for a
couple weeks, so y'all be good. I'm going to visit my mother who is
having some health issues. I'm starting some of the preliminary clean out
of some of her stuff. She has a LOT of stuff. You wouldn't believe.......
I won't even make a dent. But at some point this will have to be done,
whether it's now or ten years from now when I will feel even LESS like
doing it!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old June 2nd 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Kathyl, best wishes for a smooth trip, prayers for your mom and good luck
with the cleaning out process. We'll miss you until you get back!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"KJ" wrote in message
I'm going to Texas tomorrow! I won't be checking the newsgroup for a
couple weeks, so y'all be good. I'm going to visit my mother who is
having some health issues. I'm starting some of the preliminary clean out
of some of her stuff. She has a LOT of stuff. You wouldn't believe.......
I won't even make a dent. But at some point this will have to be done,
whether it's now or ten years from now when I will feel even LESS like
doing it!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old June 2nd 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Thanks Leslie! Keep those summer storms away from I-35 and I-40! I'll be
in tornado alley all day!!!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

"KJ" wrote in message
I'm going to Texas tomorrow! I won't be checking the newsgroup for a
couple weeks, so y'all be good. I'm going to visit my mother who is
having some health issues. I'm starting some of the preliminary clean out
of some of her stuff. She has a LOT of stuff. You wouldn't
believe....... I won't even make a dent. But at some point this will
have to be done, whether it's now or ten years from now when I will feel
even LESS like doing it!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old June 2nd 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michelle[_2_]

It's German beer steins here in New Braunfels, TX.
Cute picture of cow.
Michelle

. ..

Old June 2nd 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default OT Cleaning out

I couldn't begin to describe my mother's house. It will take years to get
all of this taken care of.
But a friend just send me an email and she said she had saved an article
from AARP (she thought) that was about this topic.
The gist of it was that many seniors equate their possessions with control.
Cleaning out the years of accumulation comes at a time when they are losing
so much control over their lives and it becomes such an emotional struggle.
I think this is probably valid, so I will need to be more sensitive than I
probably would have been without that little tidbit. My mother has an owl
collection, probably about 3000. And that's not her only collection.
Sigh.
Thanks for your thoughts.
--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi
news

"KJ" wrote in message
I'm going to Texas tomorrow! I won't be checking the newsgroup for a
couple weeks, so y'all be good. I'm going to visit my mother who is
having some health issues. I'm starting some of the preliminary clean out
of some of her stuff. She has a LOT of stuff. You wouldn't
believe....... I won't even make a dent. But at some point this will
have to be done, whether it's now or ten years from now when I will feel
even LESS like doing it!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old June 2nd 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Kathyl,
Have a safe trip. If you and your mother are up to it, document some
of the things that you come across. You may be surprised at some of
the stories behind something.

When my mother passed, I was given her old sewing machine and also had
asked for her sewing box. I didn't know she had changed her sewing box
to something else. Growing up I remembered a dark wood hinged box with
a little tray. I did get all her sewing thread/notions/old buttons, in
a Rubbermaid step stool with storage compartment. It turns out the
wooden box was something my father made in high school to hold his
writing papers. [He has kept a diary since high school.] My older
sister has that box now.

My father turns 91 in 3 weeks. He is cleaning out again, which he does
every year. My fear is he will burn the diaries he has kept. I have
asked for them, and offered to seal them away until after he passes,
but he won't agree, so far.

Ginger in CA

On Jun 1, 7:07*pm, "KJ" wrote:
I couldn't begin to describe my mother's house. *It will take years to get
all of this taken care of.
But a friend just send me an email and she said she had saved an article
from AARP (she thought) that was about this topic.
The gist of it was that many seniors equate their possessions with control..
Cleaning out the years of accumulation comes at a time when they are losing
so much control over their lives and it becomes such an emotional struggle..
I think this is probably valid, so I will need to be more sensitive than I
probably would have been without that little tidbit. *My mother has an owl
collection, *probably about 3000. *And that's not her only collection.
Sigh.
Thanks for your thoughts.
--
Kathyl (KJ)

Great Place Store to Give your love.....love....iloveu.... [email protected] Quilting 0 February 14th 08 01:49 AM
Love Love Love Making Bags! joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska Quilting 8 December 4th 07 05:24 PM
love quilts Donna D. Needlework 3 June 6th 07 09:38 PM
I love this pig in the tub but i also love the purple swirls beads Vicky Beads 2 May 29th 07 11:01 PM
Love quilts, no time to sew any more... quiltlady Quilting 8 April 7th 06 02:54 AM