The Crochet Stitch Bible

Old May 30th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default The Crochet Stitch Bible

Hi I'm a regular on the cross-stitch forum, but do a little of
crocheting too. I have the Embroidery Stitch Bible by Betty Barnden,
and like it a lot. So I was wondering if any of you have another book
of hers, The Crochet Stitch Bible? I'm considering buying it.

Thanks

Amber

Old May 31st 06, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Amber, I have that book and find it very useful, it has several sections
stitch patterns such as "textured stitches", "openwork and lace stitches"
and "basic stitch patterns". One thing I specially like is that it has
graphs for each pattern but also the written out directions, so that if you
can't follow the graph you can check on the words, or vice versa. It also
has a section on Tunisian Crochet, a smallish but nice section on motifs,
and instructions for a few broomstick crochet stitch patterns. I use it
quite often. HTH
Love & higs
Christine

ups.com...

Old May 31st 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Christine in Kent, Garden of England skrev:

Published by B T Batsford in UK Mirjam
Love & higs
Christine

Thanks for that info. There is also the Cross-stitch Bible and the
Knitting Stitch Bible, which have been translated into Danish. The
publisher here said they are considering translating the crochet one
for next year but I don't know if I can wait that long... LOL The
language is not a barrier, it's that the abbreviations are different.

Old May 31st 06, 10:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I've got the Knitting Stitch Bible Amber, which I find equally useful, but
there is another book with knitting & crochet stitches and maybe one or two
other things. I can't find it at the minute 'cos DH is watching the video
of Lord of the Rings in the dark right by my books. I'll have a look in the
morning and let you know what it is. I like that because it describes each
stitch pattern in terms of "drape" or some such description , which is very
useful;
Love & higs
Christine

ups.com...

Old June 1st 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Amber if you preffer it in Danish ,,,, why don`t you buy the Best Ever
Crochet book ,,,, CROCHET History & Technique By Lis Paludan ,,,,,,
which was Originally
Haekling, historie og teknik , published in Copehagen in 1986 by
BORGEN ,,,
mirjam

Old June 1st 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

The book I was talking about Amber was a Harmony Guides book called The
Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches published by Collins &
Brown. It's got lots of stuff in it and as I say describes the drape of
each stitch pattern in terms of poor, good or excellent and also grades the
difficulty of each pattern as easy, intermediate or experienced. Another
useful book.
Love & higs
Christine

wrote in message
I've got the Knitting Stitch Bible Amber, which I find equally useful, but
there is another book with knitting & crochet stitches and maybe one or
two other things. I can't find it at the minute 'cos DH is watching the
video of Lord of the Rings in the dark right by my books. I'll have a
look in the morning and let you know what it is. I like that because it
describes each stitch pattern in terms of "drape" or some such description
, which is very useful;
Love & higs
Christine

"Amber" wrote in message
ups.com...

Christine in Kent, Garden of England skrev:

Published by B T Batsford in UK Mirjam
Love & higs
Christine

Thanks for that info. There is also the Cross-stitch Bible and the
Knitting Stitch Bible, which have been translated into Danish. The
publisher here said they are considering translating the crochet one
for next year but I don't know if I can wait that long... LOL The
language is not a barrier, it's that the abbreviations are different.

Cross Stitch magazines for sale Patty Skaja Marketplace 1 August 18th 12 04:20 AM
Sorry knitter Maureen In Vancouver, B.C. Yarn 13 July 14th 05 02:21 PM
Preemie hat patterns maryd Quilting 26 March 30th 05 08:11 PM
mesh stitch, described in Family Circles "Easy Crochet" thufir Yarn 5 January 29th 05 09:11 PM
Is there a list of crochet stitch multiples anywhere? news.sonic.net Yarn 3 December 24th 03 03:22 PM