Vision and needlework

Old March 9th 05, 02:01 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Default Vision and needlework

Just had an eye exam today (first in about four years, give or take).
Good news is that my current glasses (new ones due in 7-10 working
days) are now too strong, meaning I'm less near-sighted than I was
last time I got glasses. Bad news is I've added a new problem, namely
some astigmatism in one eye (seems odd that that would be showing up
for the first time now, since I'm 35). According to the very nice eye
doctor, either problem or both would account for the headaches I've
been having lately (which I've been blaming on my sinuses) and for
worsening depth perception (which makes dealing with heavy traffic
scary).

Wonder if the vision thing also accounts for an inability to work on a
project for any significant length of time?

Old March 9th 05, 07:48 AM
havana bill & holly

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in message
I'm less near-sighted than I was last time I got glasses.
As we age we become more farsighted as our aging eyeballs change
shape.
Bad news is I've added a new problem, namely some astigmatism in one eye
both would account for the headaches I've been having lately and for
worsening depth perception (which makes dealing with heavy traffic

Wonder if the vision thing also accounts for an inability to work on a
project for any significant length of time?

Very likely, you'll know for sure as your eyes adjust to the new
perscription

Old March 9th 05, 01:31 PM
Seaspray

This is very interesting to me because lately I have been suffering from
headaches thinking they are sinus, but nothing I take helps. Since I have
an eye appointment next month, I am going to bring this up. I have
astigmatism in my right eye and that is where the headache occurs. I wear
ordinary contacts and I know that they do not correct the problem. I see
well enough but maybe a good pair of glass are in order. Thanks!
Diane
************
"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 3/8/05 9:01 PM, in article ,
"Seanette Blaylock" wrote:

Just had an eye exam today (first in about four years, give or take).
Good news is that my current glasses (new ones due in 7-10 working
days) are now too strong, meaning I'm less near-sighted than I was
last time I got glasses. Bad news is I've added a new problem, namely
some astigmatism in one eye (seems odd that that would be showing up
for the first time now, since I'm 35). According to the very nice eye
doctor, either problem or both would account for the headaches I've
been having lately (which I've been blaming on my sinuses) and for
worsening depth perception (which makes dealing with heavy traffic
scary).

Wonder if the vision thing also accounts for an inability to work on a
project for any significant length of time?

I bet my bottom dollar it has. I find sinus head aches mimic vision
headaches and the reverse.

After DD was born, my astigmatism got better and has stayed that way. The
eye doctor says that certain hormones can affect eye shape, especially the
lens. Doesn't happen to everyone, but it sure did for me.

Cheryl

Old March 9th 05, 01:47 PM
anne

Cheryl Isaak said
After DD was born, my astigmatism got better and has stayed that way.

So, according to you, the cure for astigmatism is pregnancy ... seems rather
drastic eg

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old March 9th 05, 02:08 PM
Sara Pitts

Seanette Blaylock wrote:

Wonder if the vision thing also accounts for an inability to work on a
project for any significant length of time?

Seanette,
I think once you get the astigmatism corrected your headaches will
improve. I've had astigmatism all along, and it makes me way crazier
than the nearsightedness.

Sara
Old March 9th 05, 02:11 PM
Sara Pitts

anne wrote:

Cheryl Isaak said

After DD was born, my astigmatism got better and has stayed that way.

So, according to you, the cure for astigmatism is pregnancy ... seems rather
drastic eg

Didn't help mine :-(.

Sara
Old March 9th 05, 06:01 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Seanette Blaylock wrote:

Just had an eye exam today (first in about four years, give or take).
Good news is that my current glasses (new ones due in 7-10 working
days) are now too strong, meaning I'm less near-sighted than I was
last time I got glasses.

This happened to me, too - and the two exams were less than 6 mos.
apart. Apparently one's eyesight can vary significantly day-to-day. The
first pair overcorrected my vision and were uncomfortable to wear; I
couldn't pinpoint the problem, but they just didn't feel "right".

Sue
Old March 10th 05, 02:23 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Seaspray" had some very interesting
things to say about Vision and needlework:

This is very interesting to me because lately I have been suffering from
headaches thinking they are sinus, but nothing I take helps. Since I have
an eye appointment next month, I am going to bring this up. I have
astigmatism in my right eye and that is where the headache occurs. I wear
ordinary contacts and I know that they do not correct the problem. I see
well enough but maybe a good pair of glass are in order. Thanks!

Glad I could help :-). My headaches are manageable with Advil, but I'd
rather not deal with them in the first place :-).

I didn't know about the astigmatism I've developed until yesterday
(I've been wearing glasses since I was six, the current pair are ca.
four years old, and yesterday was the first time any eye doctor has
mentioned that problem).