AD - New auctions from Tillerman Beads and a winner!

Old March 2nd 05, 01:18 AM
Su/Cutworks

Default AD - New auctions from Tillerman Beads and a winner!

We'd like to thank everyone that signed up for our newsletter and the
drawing for the set of beads. Using arcane and secretive methods known only
to a very few, the name drawn as the winner was:

Donna D of Rochester NY. Congratulations to Donna. And thanks to everyone
else.

We have ten sets of beads that are now on JustBeads or eBay, some with a
starting time of 6pm PST. We're trying to put the starting and ending times
at a point where more people will have a chance to bid wildly on each set
before they end. So thanks for doing just that. Honest.

The theme again is goddesses and mythical women. You will find a blend
among them and even a few facts if you read closely enough. As always, we
would like to thank you for looking. Links are below. The number to call
is BR-549.

-Su

--
Tillerman Beads on eBay: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZthetillermanbeads
Tillerman Beads on JustBeads:

Old March 2nd 05, 01:48 AM
Su/Cutworks

Jim wrote:

Donna D is from Rochester, if you have her e-mil ask her to contact me.

Sure. I'll forward your post to her.

-Su

Old March 2nd 05, 09:47 AM
Su/Cutworks

KDK wrote:

yummy colors - I'm not a raised dot person though.

Yep. It seems the world is divided between dots, flats and flowers. Emma
and I have been discussing this too. Seems Mike's just a bit dotty lately.
Must be spring fever.

-Su

Old March 2nd 05, 09:59 AM
KDK

Wait - you forgot scrolls! LOL.

I can't even make raised dots - I make a bead with a raised dot and I have
to melt it in! I do like some texture - just not that one! Of course I'm
also a swirl freak - I LOVE to do swirls!

Mike can be as dotty as he likes, 'cuz it means nice beads!

Old March 2nd 05, 10:30 AM
Su/Cutworks

Kathy K wrote:

Wait - you forgot scrolls! LOL.

LOL. As soon as I sent it I realized that! And other stringer. And all
the other things that people do with glass.

I can't even make raised dots - I make a bead with a raised dot and I have
to melt it in! I do like some texture - just not that one! Of course I'm
also a swirl freak - I LOVE to do swirls!

Mike's getting into swirls more, he's enjoying doing the twists and watching
the glass just flow around. The problem is that it's just too flamin' cold
(pardon the pun) to do much in the SH*D. He's out today looking for
insulation as it's really been cold lately. Apparently London has had ten
days in a row of snow, which is almost unheard-of. Ooop north we're tougher
than that.

Mike can be as dotty as he likes, 'cuz it means nice beads!

Thanks!

He's still really exploring the techniques he likes which means he'll be
dotty for a while but he is moving into more varied colour combinations
which is nice. I'm still hoping for more stringer but that will come when
he's happy with how he handles it.

I have to admit that as much as I admire some other techniques and the
beautiful results some artists achieve with them I'm not as wild about some,
particularly raised flowers. I'm not that big on florals at all but I have
seen some that really take my breath away. Good thing there's a lot of us
to enjoy all the styles, eh?

Cheers.

-Su

Old March 2nd 05, 01:50 PM
KDK

Hope it warms up for y'all. My workshop doesn't have heat yet (and no gas
line for my torch) and I can't imagine working in there when it's really
cold.

And you are so right about people liking and being able to like different
styles. What a boring world it would be if we could only have 1 type of
bead.

Kathy K

Old March 2nd 05, 02:09 PM
Su/Cutworks

Kathy K wrote:

Hope it warms up for y'all. My workshop doesn't have heat yet (and no gas
line for my torch) and I can't imagine working in there when it's really
cold.

It's snowing again right now. I just got a webcam, and showed Diana Curtis
real English snow live!

And you are so right about people liking and being able to like different
styles. What a boring world it would be if we could only have 1 type of
bead.

Yeah, we'd be festive and boring at the same time. Hmmm...

-Su

Old March 2nd 05, 04:10 PM
Kalera Stratton

I almost had a heart attack there when I saw "Atanua"... I thought Mike
had gotten hold of some red copper green, and I was about to fly over
there and beg him to reveal his source!

http://www.beadwife.com