UFO no more!

Old July 4th 03, 03:32 PM
SlinkyToy

Default UFO no more!

I'm making the Aran pullover from 2Sticks&aString. Nothing complicated, and
now that I've got the body going in the round I have high hopes of finishing
the whole thing by summer's end. This is a challenge sweater. A friend and
I ended up with a sh*tload of the same yarn in our stashes, so we decided to
knit sweaters. We started in January after Roc Day, and we're supposed to
model at the next Roc day. Suzanne made about 8" of the back of her
Starmore pattern and then "misplaced" it. *snicker*

"Allaya Diep" wrote in message
That's great, Slinky!

I have so many UFO's, I'm embarassed! For some reason, during my first
trimester, I just lost the will to knit. Now that I'm in my second, I'm

at
a strange "pheonix knitting" stage...meaning, I'll find a UFO and just

frog
it because I think the yarn should be made into something else. I frogged
an aran sweater project twice already because I kept changing my mind!

Hopefully, my third trimester will be much more productive.

Which sweater pattern are you working on for the sweater, or did you

design
it yourself?

Allaya

"SlinkyToy" wrote in message
. ..
It isn't finished yet, but my Aran sweater is out of the UFO basket!

I finished the second yoke yesterday and joined the front and back on

one
circular and am now working down the body. Going seems slow as I'm now
working twice as many stitches as I was, but I'm making progress
nonetheless. It actually looks like a sweater now!

Speaking of which, I put it down in mid-round to grab the phone...

Old July 5th 03, 01:59 PM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Maybe we all need to have a GET RID OF AT LEAST ONE UFO month
I am anouncing my intention ,
1. finnish one embroidery and several clothes repairs ,,, by next 2
weeks
mirjam

Old July 5th 03, 02:52 PM
NoraBalcer

Mirjam,

I like that idea and will see what I can dig up to finish.

Hugs,

Nora
Old July 6th 03, 05:31 AM
Ellen Mill

In article ,
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Maybe we all need to have a GET RID OF AT LEAST ONE UFO month
I am anouncing my intention ,
1. finnish one embroidery and several clothes repairs ,,, by next 2
weeks
mirjam

Mirjam, what a great idea! I'm in. My intention is to finish knitting the
lace on the shawl I started three months ago because it would be
"fast". Now that I've announced it, I guess I have to do it, eh? Thanks
for a good idea, Mirjam.

Ellen