Roll Call!

Old January 4th 05, 11:47 PM
Diana Curtis

Welcome Juli!! I hope you will remain unlurked and join in the merriment.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"JL" wrote in message
Hi all! Lurker here. grin

I'm Juli and have been quilting for nearly a year now. Married 10 years

and
have two children, 9yo girl and 14 mo boy. I live in the Hampton Roads

area
in Virginia, USA.

Juli

Old January 4th 05, 11:58 PM
Mystified One

I was worried for a bit that the L in JL stood for Julie Lurker.

Julie, I'll bet you've got a lot to add!

Old January 4th 05, 11:58 PM
jeanbaby

Thanks Sandy, It has been interesting and fun.
jeanbaby

Old January 4th 05, 11:59 PM
Helen in WI

I'm Helen, posting name is Helen in WI. I live in Wisconsin, duh! 8^)
Married for 27 years , DH is a big and tall redheaded teddy bear and he
spoils me rotten. I have two children. DS is 40 , married and has my 3
grandsons and my granddog Willy, my DD is 38, married and has 2 granddogs
named Tessy Bear and Buck Henry.
I've been around here about 6 years, mostly lurking but I do read everyday
and love to help out by making hugs blocks. I have been quilting for about
10 years.
I am retired and help to take care of my 90 year old mother.
I hope to finish a couple of quilts this year.

Old January 4th 05, 11:59 PM
frood

Are you sure?

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Emilia" wrote in message
I noticed we had a lot of Lindas as well and I'm not even a Linda! ;o)

Old January 5th 05, 12:32 AM
A&T

Christina!!!!!!!

I grew up in Oklahoma in a small town without a stop light!!!

How cool.

Tricia
(an "almost" newbie - one year of posting)
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

"Christina In Ok" wrote in message
Hello,

My real name is Christina, and You guess it, I live in Oklahoma, small
town of 400. without a stop light. !!!

Old January 5th 05, 12:45 AM
Kathryn Walker

Hi, I'm Kathryn in Mi... Lansing to be specific. I was a state
employee for 32 years until I was offered a chance for early
escape...er... retirement two years ago. I had been interested in
quilts for several years but didn't start quilting until after I
retired. I found rctq about a year ago, and have learned a great deal
here.
I live with Lady Jane, a German Shorthaired Pointer, who's not
really into quilts, and Mickie (the thief) who's main interest is in
what he can take off the sewing table.
I've always done a variety of crafts but right now it's quilting,
crochet, and counted cross stitch.

Old January 5th 05, 01:00 AM
Denise Jameson in Ontario

It does? Ooops... that's not what I intended! Sorry! The correct
link would be :

http://community.webshots.com/user/denisequilts

Denise in Ontario, Canada

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:37:31 GMT, Joanna
wrote:

| This was too funny. I click on the link without reading. Up pops a
| picture and I immediately think...cool someone else did the same wall
| hanging as me. Then I realized your link pulls up my own page. It was
| good for a laugh.
| Joanna
|
| Denise Jameson in Ontario wrote:
|
| Oh cool. Love introductions and reaquaintances! Thanks Wendy for the
| great idea.
|
| I'm Denise and I post as Denise in Ontario, Canada. I've been married
| to Bob for almost 35 years, have two grown daughters, one married.
| I've been quilting since 1996 and I'm working hard on improving my
| machine quilting skills. I own too many machines, use my FW regularly
| and quilt on a new Brother I purchased two years ago. I love jewel
| tones and bright colours, and am constantly looking for more TIME!!!
|
| You can see some of my quilts at:
|
| http://community.webshots.com/scripts/controlPanel.fcgi
|
| Denise in Ontario, Canada
|

| On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:42:11 GMT, "frood"
| wrote:
|
| | As newbies come and introduce themselves, we all say "hi" back to them. But,
| | while we learn a bit about them, they don't get to know us very easily. (ok,
| | except for a few gabby folks.... ;-P ) So, as a start to a new year, I
| | thought it would be fun to tell a bit about ourselves, and get to know each
| | other. I'm sure the newbies aren't the only one trying to keep the players
| | straight without a score card!
| |

Old January 5th 05, 01:03 AM
Debi Matlack

Congratulations on your anniversary!
--
Debi

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

"Louise" wrote in message
Thanks for suggesting this Wendy!

I'm Louise and live in eastern Iowa. As of this Thursday, DH and I will
have been married 26 years -- no kids, but three stepkids and three
stepgrandchildren. QI is a little black dog named Tipper. I've been
quilting for about 25 years and seldom have less than three projects going
at the same time. I generally machine piece, hand applique, and hand
quilt. Although I love fabric in general, purple is my favorite. And if
I'm going to eat chocolate (which I'm not supposed to have!), I like the
dark stuff!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

news

Old January 5th 05, 01:03 AM
Denise G.

I'm Denise, a New Hampshire native. Married my fianc=E9's best friend
35 years ago, one son, 27, who is an artist and musician/singer at the
moment. We have 5 QIs, 2 dogs 3 cats. I've been quilting 2 1/2 years,
mostly by machine. I have a large herb garden and make lots of my own
seasonings, and hand creams. My yard is a registered wildlife habitat.
I've been the director of a food pantry for 15 years, 10 years as a
school volunteer, and 9 years as a Sunday School teacher.

Denise in NH
My quilt guild:
www.amoskeagqg.org

HOUSTON IQF, was Houston Quilt Show Roll Call Kellie J. Berger Quilting 50 October 27th 04 01:40 AM
Houston Quilt Show Roll Call nana2b Quilting 41 October 20th 04 03:21 AM
OT -- CA ROLL CALL BeckiBead Beads 51 November 12th 03 01:49 AM
ROLL CALL: Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap Melissa in NJ Quilting 25 November 4th 03 04:02 PM
Fort Washington Show roll call AliceW Quilting 8 September 19th 03 11:55 PM