Woodlawn Results?

Old February 29th 04, 05:53 PM
Julie T in VA

Default Woodlawn Results?

Any entrants heard back from Woodlawn yet? I have 2 pieces in this year, and
I'm just dying to hear the results, since I entered in a new category for me.
Thanks!
Julie
Old February 29th 04, 09:34 PM
Sali Parker

I got a brief phone message last Thursday; I entered a genealogy sampler and
won a first. Don't know what category, though. I'm sooo excited! --Sali

Old March 1st 04, 01:07 AM
Carol Sylvester

Woodlawn says they are going to notify the winners, but last year I won a
first place and a technical merit award and didn't get any notification
about either. I had to call to find out how my entries did.

I haven't heard anything this year, but I'm going to call tomorrow to ask
about them.

Carol Sylvester

Old March 1st 04, 02:36 AM
Julie T in VA

I think I'm going to call too.... my dh is trying to get me to be patient...
i'm not so good at that! ;-)
Thanks for the input ladies, Sali, congrats!
Good luck to you Carol!
Julie
Old March 1st 04, 01:49 PM
Beverly B

Each show has its own rules. Woodlawn has different categories so you can
enter pieces worked from your own designs or someone elses. I have never
entered anything there but I have attended the show and I know that there
were separate categories for a number of different types of needlework.
Last year I saw things entered by Catherine Jordan one of the designers who
teaches at CATS and I saw things done by other stitchers from charts
including Dimples Designs Gabriel Of The Clouds.
Beverly B
news:2004022922380227590%suzette40@comcastnetstitc h...
On 2004-02-29 11:53:35 -0600, ntispam (Julie T in VA)

said:

Any entrants heard back from Woodlawn yet? I have 2 pieces in this year,

and
I'm just dying to hear the results, since I entered in a new category
for me. Thanks!
Julie

This post brings up a question I've had for a long time but didn't know
who to ask. When you enter a piece in a contest, does it have to be
your own creation or can it be from a kit? Most contests I've seen
have been at county fairs (which I love but don't see much of here in
MS), and I've always wondered. I think some of my pieces have been (or
at least might have been) good enough to enter, but they've always been
someone else's designs. Maybe if I ever get done with this sampler for
DMIL, I'll enter that, if I can ever find a competition around here.
Do you know where I could find out info about something like that?

Suze

Old March 2nd 04, 01:45 AM
Carol Sylvester

Well, I found out I won two ribbons at Woodlawn.

Second place for an original Ukranian embroidery table runner, and an
honorable mention for a stumpworked flower bouquet.

I'm fairly pleased--I know winning any ribbons at this competition is quite
an accomplishment.

How did others do?

Carol Sylvester

Old March 2nd 04, 02:12 AM
Suzanne

On 2004-03-01 19:45:29 -0600, "Carol Sylvester"
said:

Well, I found out I won two ribbons at Woodlawn.

Second place for an original Ukranian embroidery table runner, and an
honorable mention for a stumpworked flower bouquet.

I'm fairly pleased--I know winning any ribbons at this competition is quite
an accomplishment.

How did others do?

Carol Sylvester

Congratulations!!
Suze

Old March 2nd 04, 02:21 AM
Texasxsgal1

Well, I found out I won two ribbons at Woodlawn.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaw for Carol.
kathy
san antonio
Old March 2nd 04, 04:10 AM
Julie T in VA

Congrats Carol!
My two pieces got honorable mentions. I am very pleased since one was the Loara
Standish sampler, which I would not have entered without much encouragement
from my stitching friends! I don't usually do counted work, so I am very happy
with my results!
Julie

best results for "photo-realistic" stamps? cAndRaley Rubberstamps 2 November 18th 04 01:59 PM
OT Shirley' test results Jan NZ Beads 21 June 22nd 04 05:49 AM
Mastering Cone Six Glazes, Our Test Results GaSeku Pottery 18 January 30th 04 04:58 PM
Woodlawn excitement Ericka Kammerer Needlework 10 January 27th 04 10:21 PM
My county fair results Donna D. Needlework 1 August 21st 03 12:41 PM