Source for Knot Board Labels

Old December 6th 04, 01:16 AM
BHEdginton

Default Source for Knot Board Labels

I'm looking for small brass (blank) labels to identify knots on a knot board.
Does anyone have a source or suggestion?
Thanks,
Barbara
Old December 6th 04, 11:50 AM
Steven

BHEdginton wrote:

I'm looking for small brass (blank) labels to identify knots on a knot
board. Does anyone have a source or suggestion?
Thanks,
Barbara

A jewellers or engravers may sell small brass plaques for use on trophies
and shields. The may also be able to do the engraving of the words on them
for you.

HTH,

Steven
Old December 6th 04, 02:14 PM
Peter W. Meek

On 06 Dec 2004 01:16:45 GMT, (BHEdginton) wrote:

I'm looking for small brass (blank) labels to identify knots on a knot board.
Does anyone have a source or suggestion?
Thanks,
Barbara

McMaster-Carr (
www.mcmaster.com) has such tags.
Go to their site and enter 1765 in the find box.

On page 1765 are 15 different sizes and shapes
of tags; each is available in brass, aluminum
or 304 stainless. Depending on size, they are
available in packages from 10 to 50 of a size.
Broken packages cost extra for each, but none
of the packages cost much more than $10-12 plus
shipping which will be a good fraction of the
price -- maybe $5 or so.

They sell to individuals by credit card and
ship quickly. I live within a couple hundred
miles of one of their warehouses and if I
order by mid-afternoon, I usually get my
order next morning by selecting "best way"
for the shipping method. I suspect that they
are delivering boxes to UPS until late at night.

(The usual disclaimer: not an employee, not
a shill, just a happy customer...
http://www.msen.com/~pwmeek/disclaimer.html )

--
--Pete
"Peter W. Meek"
Old December 8th 04, 01:02 AM
BHEdginton

Pete:

Thanks - I've placed an order.

Your "Disclaimer" page is great too!

Source for glass cylinder? Bert Glass 8 July 17th 12 06:00 PM
Glass Source Michele Blank Glass 12 July 17th 12 04:39 PM
Source needed for tag board Pitcairnia Glass 2 April 17th 04 01:52 AM
I Need a Seiko 6020 circuit board... Jay Downham Jewelry 1 September 15th 03 03:24 AM
Source for jade Peter W. Rowe Jewelry 0 July 13th 03 06:20 PM