Christmas stocking - can you help identify?

Old March 29th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bernieh

Default Christmas stocking - can you help identify?

The mum of a friend of mine has a half-completed Christmas stocking, which
she now hopes to finish. Unfortunately, the pattern has disappeared. Can
anybody identify it for her?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2511996...57604292660761

It is most likely from an American mag.

TIA for any assistance.

bernieh

Old March 29th 08, 07:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mavis

Bernieh,
The stocking in question is titled "Gardener's Delight" designed by
Sandy Orton/Kooler Designs. It belongs to the Heirloom Stocking series and
was featured in the "Cross Stitch Christmas" magazine, 2002 edition (Better
Homes and Gardens). I found two links that offer the 2002 magazine for sale:
http://tinyurl.com/2fntj7 and http://tinyurl.com/yp6xuy
Here is a picture of the stocking: http://tinyurl.com/yqhnaz
--Mavis

Old March 29th 08, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
m&m

On Mar 29, 2:56*am, "Mavis" wrote:
Bernieh,
* * The stocking in question is titled "Gardener's Delight" designed by
Sandy Orton/Kooler Designs. It belongs to the Heirloom Stocking series and
was featured in the "Cross Stitch Christmas" magazine, 2002 edition (Better
Homes and Gardens). I found two links that offer the 2002 magazine for sale:http://tinyurl.com/2fntj7and *http://tinyurl.com/yp6xuy
Here is a picture of the stocking:http://tinyurl.com/yqhnaz
--Mavis

That looks similar to a yearly (?) series of stocking patterns in the
old Cross Stitch & Country Crafts magazine. I seem to recall those
letter blocks on more than several of the patterns. Let me look & see
if it ever appeared, and if I may happen to have it.

MM
Old March 30th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
m&m

On Mar 29, 6:38*pm, "m&m" wrote:
On Mar 29, 2:56*am, "Mavis" wrote:

Bernieh,
* * The stocking in question is titled "Gardener's Delight" designed by
Sandy Orton/Kooler Designs. It belongs to the Heirloom Stocking series and
was featured in the "Cross Stitch Christmas" magazine, 2002 edition (Better
Homes and Gardens). I found two links that offer the 2002 magazine for sale:http://tinyurl.com/2fntj7and*http://tinyurl.com/yp6xuy
Here is a picture of the stocking:http://tinyurl.com/yqhnaz
--Mavis

That looks similar to a yearly (?) series of stocking patterns in the
old Cross Stitch & Country Crafts magazine. I seem to recall those
letter blocks on more than several of the patterns. Let me look & see
if it ever appeared, and if I may happen to have it.

MM

Please excuse the reply to my own post, but CS&CC magazine did run a
yearly anniversary stocking pattern, and "Gardener's Delight" would
match the series.
-Premier Issue (S/O '85) - North Woods Christmas
-July/Aug 86 - Home for Christmas
-alas! this is a gap in my issues
-July/Aug 88 - Holiday Study
-July/Aug 89 - Stitcher's Studio
-July/Aug 90 - Holiday Workshop
-July/Aug 91 - The Music Room
-July/Aug 92 - Sugar & Spice (Little girl's stocking)
-July/Aug 93 - Games & Toys (Little boy's stocking)
-July/Aug 94 - different designer- the style of this stocking no
longer matched previous years. I also seemed to have stopped
subscribing to this magazine after this.
I have all of the above issues, but unfortunately, I am missing the
issue for 1987, and none of my issues have the "Gardener's Delight"
design. If you have any interest in stitching any of the above designs
(one of Mavia's links shows several) I'd be happy to send you the
issue.
Now to wash my dusty hands!
MM
Old March 30th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
roseannl

I'm sure this is one of the designs in one of Donna Kooler's books.

It's in either Christmas Stockings in Cross Stitch or Ultimate
Stocking Collection.

Both books are currently available & the Ultimate Stocking Collection
is one of the newer books that Hobby Lobby carries.

Hope this helps.

Hugs n' Stitches - RoseAnn - IN

Old March 30th 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
bernieh

Wow, thank you all so much! That was fantastic work. I do have the Heirloom
Stocking book, but that particular stocking isn't in there. Either my friend
or I most likely have the actual CS&CS or Cross Stitch Christmas mag in
which the stocking appears. It means a trip out to the garage for me...

Great detective work!!
bernieh

Old January 11th 16, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Saturday, March 29, 2008 at 6:18:17 PM UTC-5, m&m wrote:
On Mar 29, 6:38*pm, "m&m" wrote:
On Mar 29, 2:56*am, "Mavis" wrote:

[...]

Hi everyone,

I know this is a long time since the beginning of this thread, however, I am on a wild goose chase the hunt down these Better Homes and Gardens Heirloom stocking patters. These stockings have been a bit of a tradition in mine and my husband's families and I am hoping to make these for our future family as well. The problem is that the complete magazine is now anywhere from $59-$89 on Amazon and Ebay. I have tried finding these patterns online but they are almost completely nonexistent in digital form. I have even tried going to all of the older women in my life in search of these patters, but with not much luck.

As of now I do have digital copies of the Sugar 'N Spice, Santa's Workshop and Gardener's Delight, but I would really love to be able to find more and eventually the complete set. I would buy the magazine off Amazon, but as a newlywed we just don't have that kind of money to spend on patterns.

Basically, I am wondering if anyone still has these patterns and would be willing to photocopy them and send them to me in digital form. I would be so grateful if such an opportunity came.

Thanks for any help you can give!

christmas stocking patterns? Morag in Oxford Quilting 9 November 1st 05 03:23 PM
Wizard of Oz Christmas Stocking Liz Morrow Needlework 0 April 15th 05 11:10 PM
Christmas stocking BDS2pds Needlework 9 October 10th 04 01:53 AM
Christmas Stocking help Jan Dunaway Quilting 32 December 17th 03 04:15 AM
Christmas Stocking HELP David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 4 October 18th 03 06:11 PM