Advice Please

Old April 2nd 15, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

Default Advice Please

As I have mentioned before, I am working on The Nativity by Heaven & Earth. It's a project that is done with two threads over one, and it is LARGE. The fabric I am using is 25 count Lugana. Since I will be going to my local needlework shop tomorrow, I thought I would ask advice today and hope someone will have the answers I seek before I get there. (it's usually quite busy and my husband will be waiting in the car. LOL) The problem I am having is two fold. 1. The needles I am using are size 28 DMC, all the stitches are done in an area and there's one left to do in the middle, I have a hard time poking the needle through the fabric. Often times the needle will bend.. Is there a better brand/size of needle I should be using? 2. Frogging an area where I have made a mistake is hard with those tiny stitches. What would help to make it easier? I am not even done with page 1 of the design and have only had to frog once, but I know I will most likely have to do it again at some point, and I am not looking forward to having to do it again. I appreciate you all reading this, (I know it's long), and I appreciate any help you can give me in this. Thanks much.
Old April 7th 15, 12:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

On 4/2/2015 12:00 PM, Ruth wrote:
As I have mentioned before, I am working on The Nativity by Heaven & Earth.
It's a project that is done with two threads over one,

2. Frogging an area where I have made a mistake is hard with those
tiny stitches. What would help to make it easier?

I can't answer the needle question, sorry.

I've never worked over 1 with 2 threads...I can only imagine it would
get pretty crowded in there! Rather than trying to frog, would it be
possible to just stitch over the mistake? It would add more thread to
the holes. but I've done that numerous times and you really can't see
the wrong color underneath the correct one.

Other than that, would you be able to use a seam ripper to cut the
thread out?

Good luck and keep us posted!

--
Joan

See my pictures he http://ndjoan.shutterfly.com/pictures

Unknown
Old April 7th 15, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruth[_4_]

Thanks Joan. I have discovered if I "poke" through with a larger needle the one I am using goes through a lot easier. This is my first two over one project, and I don't think I'll ever do another. LOL I will try your suggestion of going over the stitch with the right color, and if it doesn't work I will try the seam ripper. Wonder why I didn't think of the seam ripper myself? I really appreciate you responding. Thank you.

Sashing Advice AND EQ5 Advice Sunny[_2_] Quilting 9 May 21st 09 08:16 PM
I need some advice grammykathy Quilting 7 December 21st 07 02:33 AM
Thanks for the advice on BIN jesse Beads 1 August 18th 05 01:31 PM
need some advice. Micky Savage Jewelry 5 February 16th 04 10:26 PM
asking for advice dnapoe Carving 3 February 10th 04 02:21 AM