Happiness is

Old October 6th 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ruby

Default Sarah Palin--was Happiness is

Karen C in California wrote:

Obviously you haven't read the recent research showing that women our
age with fibro are physically *less* able than 80-year-olds.

An 80 y/o boyfriend, I might have some hope of keeping up with.

It has and still is my experience that people only believe disabilities
they can see. If you look reasonably well then people assume you are.
Trying to explain chronic pain, very little stamina , sleep anomalies.
No one gets it .( And yes I have tried everything to build up stamina,
but it is finite no question. I have attempted by increasing my physical
activity over time to build up stamina, doesn't work. ) After nearly
forty years I am finally catching up to my physical age so in that way
it is easier.

Ruby
Old October 6th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

Default Election thoughts (friendly) was Happiness is

"Bruce Fletcher wrote
You mean there's no Saint Starbuck?

See http://tinyurl.com/45sx6e
--

Yike! I am going to check out my Starbucks and see.

Dawne

Old October 6th 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Happiness is

Victoria ,
It's an expression, one you obviously never heard or understand the
meaning of. *Next.

If you want to impress somebody with your philosophy /religion, don`t
jump to underestimate that other person with assuming he /she Not
understanding you , And if you use that idiom as an example to your
mind , than i can go and use it a bit further ,,,,, for my answer ..
, nd is vast and spacious, potentially.
We sure hope that this is the case !!!!

I don't hope it's the case. *Science is showing it through the Mind
Science Conference. *There are ongoing studies with man disciplines in
the field of science. *At one time the scientific community said the
mind only have the ability to concentrate for six minutes. *When the
Dalai Lama heard this he told them it was not correct.

I am sorry , but i am not impressed with Religious or Philosophical
people`s ideas about the capabilities of Body functions.
*There can be
very long stretches of single pointed concentration for many hours,
days or months and they have been looking at the physical brain of

Since both of us , You and me aren`t Brain experts i don`t think we
should discuss , things we only read or heard from others ....
of the brain matter, far more than normal,

Are you a Brain expert ???? can you define Normal , for
concentration ???
and the CT Scans are showing the brains of monks using 70%

Are you a Ct expert?
*What the scientific community cannot delineate is the

Can you give some of the names of those people ???? Please None of us
is a sceintist of that field , thus we can`t discuss this at all.
nothing to cognize. *In the bin if you don't accept this hypothesis.

????????????????????????????????
I am not dealing with hypothesis that aren`t my expertise.

You missed my entire point.

have it your way ,,, you will say i got your point only when i bow and
say you are right , ,
your above talk is not so different from other philosophies , esp OUR
EATSERN , of which my philosophy is one.
I didn't say it was. *I don't know many other cultures and I don't
consider Buddhism a religion. *We have no creator. *We have no central
god. *Buddism is science of the mind.

It is a pity you aren`t aware of what other Religions/Philosophies
teach or preach about . it would have made your choice a more .
understandable one , since you weren`t born into Budihism . People
should be more well read about their inherited cultures as well as
other cultures before taking on a new culture ... Telling me or
others , that We don`t understand what you meant , and taht if we
Don`t accept your TRUTH ,,,,, than ..... is no better than any other
Missionary or Cult talk ....

When the jumbo jets flew into the Twin Towers the first people I had
compassion for were the terrorists. *

Well Victoria, i think that even your Leader never said such a
thing ,, If you can have ANY compassion for terrorists , than you
can`t be a Budihist ,,,, And to tell you the truth ANYONE who can feel
Any Compassion for any Twerrorist , Should LOOK DEEPLY into their own
soul... And see if YOUR KARMA is ok ???? MY compassion is for the
Victims , for their families , for the many people who lost
somebody .......
And obviously you don`t get it , that even thinking such a thing is
UNHUMAN ...

your questions, not forcing this on *you. *The subject is "Happiness
is" and I gave my answer. *So how long will you batter me on this?

NObody is battering you , i am curious , was curious , about this
unbelieable to me Naive ideas.

No, you injured heads had brains. *The mind is different. *If you
don't know about Buddhism how could you say what it is or isn't? *Is
The Dalai Lama lying when he tell us Buddhism isn't a religion? *Do
you have any idea what Buddhists do or how they do it?

Well i read enough and heard enough and i KNOW it is a religion ,,,

Again, your understanding of the English language and the idioms or
metaphors we use is poor at best.

Victoria , There is nothing wrong with my understanding , you use an
idiom , because that is the way They taught you to think about your
religion /philosophy , but repeating OLD idioms isn`t making your
religion truth , And when you use it [ not always correctly ] you
think it is ok , but when i show you that your own words can be used
to Not agree with you , you claim i don`t understand ,,,, Which is the
MOST COMMON way Cult believers, retreat to when the listener doesn`t
agree with them ...

Yes, and this is why I suggested you not take my word for it.

Why does every discussion with you have to have this IF sentences or
this BELIEVE ?DON`T BELIEVE Options ,, can`t people just ask
questions , without being offered to convert ....

And mine isn't? *I said we all have the potential for greatness. *What
part of that is disagreeing with what you just said?

The part where you claimed that HAPPINESS is something we all can make
ourselves Believe we feel !!!!!

So the Dharma is just a culture? *

You don`t want Me and others here , to call it a religion , so i call
it philosophy or Culture , to at least speak on the same line as you
want it..

What culture is the Kabalah? *

It isn`t a Culture , the mere question, shows lack of wider
background ,
are many practitioners in the US who study the Kabalah.

As i haven`t met those people i can`t tell you what Exactly they
study .. thus i can`t answer this. The whole phrasing is Foreign to
the meaning of this part of my culture.

*Does this
mean it's American culture? *

New Age is very American ,,,
mirjam
Old October 7th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Karen C in California wrote:

But she's got to realize that in the Lower 48, the male/female ratio is
50/50. She's not dealing with a supermajority of males, like she does
in Alaska.

Actually, in the lower 48 the male/female ratio varies widely. And a
male/female ratio of 107 is hardly a supermajority. The male/female
ratio of Salinas, CA is higher.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old October 7th 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Susan Hartman wrote:

Karen C in California wrote:

Lucille wrote:

the women I worked for and with didn't behave like teenage ingénues
when they were speaking in front of a crowd. Oh, I suppose I should
add that they knew what they were talking about as well.

Well, there's the difference. They knew their subject inside-out.
And they probably weren't just Beauty Queen Barbies, either.
(snipped here)

I just read Maureen Dowd's column:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/op...=1&oref=slogin

Good points, I think. Folksy is one thing, but one can be folksy and
still be coherent! Her poor grammar drives me batty. It doesn't sound
folksy, it sounds ignorant. (One more "him and I", and I'm going to
SCREAM!)

Nah, it was "nukular" that sent me over the edge.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old October 7th 08, 12:52 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Karen C in California wrote:

All that before Secretary of State Dr. Brat has even arrived at the
White House to brief President Karen on the details.

As if.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old October 7th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Jangchub wrote:

I wasn't insulted. I was revolted. She made me sick to my stomach
because there is a possibility I'd have to call her the president if
they win and McSame dies. I don't hope he dies, but he isn't looking
that colorful for a man with over a hundred million dollars, nine
homes, dozens of cars, servants of all sorts, private planes, and
never once had a real job in his privileged life other than being a
politician. Yeah, that was revolting.

I'm sorry that you don't think that being a Navy pilot and prisoner of
war is a real job, Victoria. You don't have to agree that the US should
have gone to war, but you could show a little more respect for the men
and women who risk their lives in the service of this country.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old October 7th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Jangchub wrote:

I think the average lifespan of a man in this country of America is
73. Let me go look...BRB

"Separating the figures by gender, men on average live to 72, while
women live to 79 in the US, a difference of seven years according to
the 2001 CIA World Factbook. This difference is not fully understood,
but it has something to do with genetics and hormonal differences
between the sexes. Scientists are looking into to such difference for
clues about the aging process."

According to the 2008 CIA World Factbook, the average male's life
expectancy in the US is now 75.

Elizabeth
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old October 7th 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx Minx

"Dr. Brat" wrote in message
. ..
Karen C in California wrote:

But she's got to realize that in the Lower 48, the male/female ratio is
50/50. She's not dealing with a supermajority of males, like she does in
Alaska.

Actually, in the lower 48 the male/female ratio varies widely. And a
male/female ratio of 107 is hardly a supermajority. The male/female ratio
of Salinas, CA is higher.

Elizabeth
The most important thing one woman can do for another is to illuminate and
expand her sense of actual possibilities. --Adrienne Rich
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Now I know where to go on my next vacation! Thanks for the hot tip,
Elizabeth! :-))

Still single,
Jinx

Old October 7th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dr. Brat

Jangchub wrote:
On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 20:32:50 -0400, "Dr. Brat"
wrote:

I'm sorry that you don't think that being a Navy pilot and prisoner of
war is a real job, Victoria. You don't have to agree that the US should
have gone to war, but you could show a little more respect for the men
and women who risk their lives in the service of this country.

No, that isn't a regular job. It's a special job that people sign up
for and thank goodness they do. What I'm sick of is his stock answer
to all questions where he says, I was a POW, etc, etc,. We know.
There were thousands of POWs. There are still MIA's. Many thousands.
My point was not to diminish his military years, but to point out his
cushy life and how out of touch he is. He and Palin are wealthy and
don't need a penny. They are both millionaires and it gets me sick to
hear thata commando barbie saying she is joe main street. She is NOT
joe main street.

He comes from wealth, was always treated as the golden boy and never
had a job at the local grocery store as a checker for minimum wage.

If he never had a job at the grocery store, it's because he moved too
much. He attended over 20 schools as a kid. He does not come from
wealth, unless you consider a career military man's salary to be wealth.
Nor would I call FIVE years in prison "cushy." He's earned the right
to throw it in our faces if he wants. He was tortured so badly that he
had to go through months of physical therapy once he got back. I don't
agree with the man's politics, but I can't believe anyone would make
light of what he went through.

As for Palin, in this day and age, $1.2 million in net worth isn't that
much. I bet you and Mark have more than that. Whether you do or don't,
Obama's net worth is more than Palin's so it's hypocrtical to complain
that one is a millionaire and not complain about the other.

Elizabeth