OT- Uroboros rods... so it went ok

Old July 4th 04, 02:59 AM
Kalera Stratton

Default OT- Uroboros rods... so it went ok

I don't have time to read the NG right now but I hope to catch up
later... all I have to say is HOLY COW!!!

176 pounds of glass. I was up until 3 am getting the website ready. I
woke up at 9, FREAKED OUT, and had to pull everything off the site
because it was selling too fast to keep up with it! Jamilyn (she got all
excited about it too and invested $1000) was getting orders too and then
there were Paypal payments with no website order, so we ended up selling
about twice as many sample packs as we had, and I wanted to make sure we
had enough glass to make them.

We actually got all the orders shipped today! I am dead-dog tired. I ate
two pieces of toast and three fig newtons when I thought I was about to
pass out, and sustained myself on tea. Paulette from SPIglass came by
with the most INCREDIBLE beads, and bought some glass, and then I begged
her to take away some of the scrap glass that's in the garage. It has to
go! I honestly don't have time to ship it, I sold some last year but
it's very time consuming and I just can't. If anyone who likes scrap
sheet glass is going to be at the Gathering (I'm thinking Tink, here)
PLEASE come and relieve me of some of this excess! Anyone else who's in
the area, too... if all goes well that's going to be a construction area
soon and I can't have this stuff in there! It's nice glass, I promise.
And who can beat free?

I guess I no longer have to hide the fact that I actually spent our
entire mortgage payment on glass, now that I've made it back! Moxley
was OK with me doing it... that man is a miracle. He *really* believes
in everything I do. "So you just found this glass on Tuesday, yesterday
you were going to buy some and resell the extra, and now it's Friday and
you want to put every liquid asset we have into it so you can stock it?
Oh, OK honey, if you think it's a good risk." I love him so madly! He
has more confidence in me than I've ever had in myself, and he's taught
me to trust myself and go for it.

Anyway, Jamilyn has gone off to have dinner and we both promised to take
the day off tomorrow. Tonight I'm going through what's left of the glass
and putting it up on the website, and then I'm going to kick back with
a beer and read the NG!

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old July 4th 04, 03:05 AM
starlia

I'm glad I got my order in when I did. LOL Sounds like you were very busy.
I could have waited a day or two until you got the orders out. Geez woman,
try not to kill yourself okay?

Isn't it wonderful to have a partner who totally believes in you? Dan is
such a dear to put up with me and my whims. He is the one that say my
paintings when we moved back to Texas and asked why I wasn't doing it
anymore. Then he found me a master to work with again and didn't bat an eye
at the payments or the setup costs.

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old July 4th 04, 03:48 AM
Tinkster

YeeeHaw! Nothing like a Glass Rush, eh Kalera? LOL!

As much as I would LOVE to take your extra glass off your hands, I've
opted to go to the Art Glass Invitational this year in lieu of The
Gathering. *sigh*

Thank you though :-)

Tink
Old July 4th 04, 06:17 AM
Tinkster

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 21:25:04 -0700, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Tinkster
:

]As much as I would LOVE to take your extra glass off your hands, I've
]opted to go to the Art Glass Invitational this year in lieu of The
]Gathering. *sigh*

you're NOT going to Portland, Tink???????????

I had to choose, and The Gathering lost out in favor of the Art Glass
Invitational. I'm more of a glass person than a bead person, per se.
Plus the fact I'll be teaching/demoing at AGI alongside some of my
idols (Mickelsen, Townsend, etc). Not to mention that AGI will be a
lot kinder to my budget than The Gathering would have been.

AGI offers me the kind of classes I'm looking for, too. It's just the
place I need to be...

Tinkster
Old July 6th 04, 07:44 PM
Jamilyn

Kalera Stratton wrote in message ...
I don't have time to read the NG right now but I hope to catch up
later... all I have to say is HOLY COW!!!

Hi all - This is my first time to this group. I just have to say how
glad I am that this glass has gone over well - I think you'll all like
it as much as we do I hope to post here more often.

Jamilyn

www.jamilyndesigns.com/uroboros.html
Old July 6th 04, 08:43 PM
Dr. Sooz

From: (Jamilyn)

Hi all - This is my first time to this group.

Welcome, Jamilyn! Please stay and join us long term.
~~
Sooz
Old July 6th 04, 09:52 PM
starlia

Hi Jamilyn,

Glad to see you over here!

Starlia

--
Starlia Klopman
www.klopmanstudios.com

Old July 6th 04, 10:54 PM
Candace

Welcome to the group, Jamilyn

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old July 7th 04, 05:17 AM
KDK

WOW!! I'm definitely going to get some - but I'm going to hold off ordering
until I get settled in AZ.

I also found out that Southwest Airlines has flights between Tucson and
Portland so I might get to make it up that way.

Kathy K

Old July 7th 04, 06:33 PM
Jamilyn

Thanks for all the welcomes folks! I've not been on newsgroups for
years and years so this is fun to get back into

Jamilyn

Price of Rods meijhana Beads 3 February 3rd 04 06:41 AM
OT sorta - need Lauscha Opaque Purple glass rods.... Kandice Seeber Beads 21 October 21st 03 09:27 AM
OT sorta - need Lauscha Opaque Purple glass rods.... Kandice Seeber Beads 0 October 16th 03 07:17 AM