OT Today's the day....Mercury

Old April 30th 05, 02:08 AM
Polly S.

Peace and eternal happiness Merc, you deserve it. And have a fun chase
with Comet for me.

{{{{{Merc and Sooz and Kevin}}}}}

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113

Old April 30th 05, 03:15 AM

Dear Sooz....

many hugs and tears flowing to you ...

At least you had the last months of his life all with you - without the
evil EX making things harder.

I know how hard it is - I still remember the day I let my Baron go...
tears here... remembering.

All our love and hugs.
Mercury will be free of pain, free of the scary thing
free of confusion....
Glad you had a beautiful day for your walk.... hope you took at least
one last picture together...
Remember the good times.
Hugs
Cheryl

Old April 30th 05, 03:35 AM
glass guy

I am thinking of Mercury, and you Sooz. Wishing him a happy passage.
David.
"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
ups.com...
Today is the day he will be free.

Between 6:30 pm Pacific Time and 7:00-ish, this sweet little guy is
going to be released from the burden of his flesh. His life has been
so good, and full of so much love. He's been thrilled, chilled
(*snow!*), filled with good food and lots of affection.

In the past 40 hours, he's gone downhill fast. Last night he and I had
a long conversation (you know what I mean), and it was clear to both of
us what needed to be done. It was obvious that he had entered a new
realm -- one that included pain (and more). This was not acceptable;
there were other sudden failings of his body, too. (This, even though
he's on new and powerful meds, which seemed to help for the beginning
of the week but now have failed.)

We'd thought he'd last a few more weeks, even months, but he won't. It
was remarkable that, immediately upon my decision that this was IT and
we had to do something, he became much more relaxed. He was able to
sleep more comfortably and move around a bit better -- he KNEW. He
knew he was going to be taken care of properly, that mom wasn't going
to let "It" hurt him anymore. Since then he's stuck to me like glue,
too, cuddly, sweet, and huggy -- very unlike his usual husky autonomy.

The weather today couldn't be more beautiful, and every garden seems to
have been zapped by radiation -- what explosions of bloom! Our walkie
was incredible. He and I are slightly overmedicated today: Merc so
he's not hurting and hobbled by weakness, and me so I don't have the
loop of stress/increased pain/sobbing all day. I wanted us to enjoy
his last day on Earth, not cry and feel sick and weak and miserable.
We are definitely doing the best we can.

He will exit this existence and go to his next one here, at home --
we've arranged for a vet to come to the house. I believe they'll do it
in their vehicle. That's good -- so much better than the hospital!
He'll be immediately greeted by profusions of huge joy by his compadres
across the Rainbow Bridge -- there are so MANY of them!!! He's had so
many doggie friends! He'll be free of his hurts, and his beautiful
self will expand to fill the endless space of his giant heart.

We love him so much. Please think of him with joy this evening,
wherever you are, and help him on his way.

Love,
Sooz

Old April 30th 05, 03:44 AM
JavaGirlBT

I am holding Java in my arms and we are both sending you and Mercury love
and light.
-Ellen

Old April 30th 05, 04:21 AM
Kalera Stratton

OH SWEETIE.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Sooz}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Mercury}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Goodbye, beautiful boy. I'm so glad I got to meet you.

http://www.beadwife.com
Old April 30th 05, 04:55 AM
Annie Bauer

((((((Hugs))))) Hope Merc meets my dobe Poco at the Rainbow Bridge.

Annie

Old April 30th 05, 05:57 AM
Dr. Sooz

He exited this world with his head in my arms, in our living room in
the sun, as brave and dignified as he was ALWAYS. I told him over and
over that he was a good boy. He was wonderful. He KNEW. He really
knew, and he knew I was taking care of him one last time.

Kevin had never seen a dog be put to sleep before, but he was
fantastic. I wrapped Merc with the blanket we'd put him on, covering
his face -- but it seemed wrong somehow. Then I remembered! He loved
to lie with most of his body under my bed, thinking we couldn't see him
-- but with his little nose sticking out, the goon! So I uncovered his
nose. It was perfect.

I'll get his ashes in a box -- and FUNK UP THAT BOX as fab as he'd
want. I've already started collecting the stuff for it. He's rocking,
he's the King of the Rainbow Bridge tonight! I'm sure his auntie
Zephyr tried to sit on him (as she did when he was a pup!), but he
probably flew, howling, with her still sitting on his back. Go, Merc,
GO!

Thank you, EVERYONE. I'm so tired of crying that I just took a nice
hunk o'Valium, and I know I'll get a little break tonight from the
grief because of that. (I need it, and some sleep.) ~~~I MISS HIM.

Old April 30th 05, 06:05 AM
Lilyflower

You must have posting just as I was logging on. Now I'm really crying.
I know from how you wrote that Merc was loved and cared for, having the
best possible life. I hope he will meet some of the dogs & cats I love
at the rainbow bridge, especially Dusty, my ex's seeing eye dog (great
dog, ???ex). and Galadriel, more a person than a cat.
Hugs and empathy.
Lilyflower

Old April 30th 05, 06:28 AM
Glitzy Glass

OH Sooz; I couldn't help but cry for you - I know Merc is in a good
place, and I hope he sees my Jack there to, but my heart is with you
and your husband tonight - I am so very, very sorry!!!
I have no words to express how sad I am for you both.

Denise

Today's Google Nina Quilting 3 February 3rd 04 08:31 PM
High Mercury Content in Silver Bracelet KJ Jewelry 8 December 23rd 03 04:57 AM
Mercury Amalgam Gilding Don Wagner Jewelry 21 November 5th 03 03:15 AM
OT rant -- Stupid Ex hurt Mercury! Dr. Sooz Beads 95 August 24th 03 06:31 AM