OT Today's the day....Mercury

Old April 29th 05, 11:02 PM
Dr. Sooz

Default OT Today's the day....Mercury

Today is the day he will be free.

Between 6:30 pm Pacific Time and 7:00-ish, this sweet little guy is
going to be released from the burden of his flesh. His life has been
so good, and full of so much love. He's been thrilled, chilled
(*snow!*), filled with good food and lots of affection.

In the past 40 hours, he's gone downhill fast. Last night he and I had
a long conversation (you know what I mean), and it was clear to both of
us what needed to be done. It was obvious that he had entered a new
realm -- one that included pain (and more). This was not acceptable;
there were other sudden failings of his body, too. (This, even though
he's on new and powerful meds, which seemed to help for the beginning
of the week but now have failed.)

We'd thought he'd last a few more weeks, even months, but he won't. It
was remarkable that, immediately upon my decision that this was IT and
we had to do something, he became much more relaxed. He was able to
sleep more comfortably and move around a bit better -- he KNEW. He
knew he was going to be taken care of properly, that mom wasn't going
to let "It" hurt him anymore. Since then he's stuck to me like glue,
too, cuddly, sweet, and huggy -- very unlike his usual husky autonomy.

The weather today couldn't be more beautiful, and every garden seems to
have been zapped by radiation -- what explosions of bloom! Our walkie
was incredible. He and I are slightly overmedicated today: Merc so
he's not hurting and hobbled by weakness, and me so I don't have the
loop of stress/increased pain/sobbing all day. I wanted us to enjoy
his last day on Earth, not cry and feel sick and weak and miserable.
We are definitely doing the best we can.

He will exit this existence and go to his next one here, at home --
we've arranged for a vet to come to the house. I believe they'll do it
in their vehicle. That's good -- so much better than the hospital!
He'll be immediately greeted by profusions of huge joy by his compadres
across the Rainbow Bridge -- there are so MANY of them!!! He's had so
many doggie friends! He'll be free of his hurts, and his beautiful
self will expand to fill the endless space of his giant heart.

We love him so much. Please think of him with joy this evening,
wherever you are, and help him on his way.

Love,
Sooz

Old April 29th 05, 11:16 PM
Sarajane Helm

((((((((((((((((((((((Soooozala))))))))))))))))))) ))))((((((((((((((((((((((
Mercury))))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((Kevin))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))

--
Sarajane's Polyclay Gallery
Beads-Dolls-Wearable Art
ups.com...

Old April 29th 05, 11:21 PM
Beadbimbo

((((((((Sooz,)))))))))

Hugs from Spike and me.
--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

ups.com...

Old April 29th 05, 11:29 PM
KDK

Merc,

You are a fine dog and had a wonderful life. You have brought joy and
happiness to friends. You will be missed, but not forgotten. Have fun with
all your old buddies.

Love and Hugs
Kathy and the kitties.

ups.com...

Old April 30th 05, 12:25 AM
Tinkster

On 29 Apr 2005 15:02:19 -0700, "Dr. Sooz"
wrote:

Today is the day he will be free.

A good and peaceful journey, faithful friend...

(((Merc))))
((((Sooz))))
((((Kevin))))

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm
Old April 30th 05, 01:00 AM
Marisa Cappetta

(Merc, Sooz, Kevin)

My thoughts and love are near.
Marisa AU/NZ

Old April 30th 05, 01:28 AM
Kandice Seeber

May Mercury's transition to the realm of the Rainbow bridge be peaceful and
full of love. I am sure my sweet Melody will pop on by the wave hello. And
Merc can have fun chasing her.
All my love to you, Sooz - may peace find you as well. Thank you so much for
sharing Mercury's life with us - it's always been a joy reading about him.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old April 30th 05, 01:30 AM

You've done well by your friend.

May he have a joyous run to doggie heaven with his tail up.

Dora

Old April 30th 05, 01:46 AM

Sooz,
I'm glad you are letting him go. May you look back on this day
together and all the days before with joy and love.
All of us are thinking of you.

Patti, Lou & Taupaws the Siamese

Old April 30th 05, 02:02 AM
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Oh Sooz -

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have several companions waiting at the Rainbow
Bridge myself. (I can't read that poem because I always start to cry, just
like I am now.)

My thoughts are with you and Kevin. I know that Merc will be fine.

I love you

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

ups.com...

Today's Google Nina Quilting 3 February 3rd 04 08:31 PM
High Mercury Content in Silver Bracelet KJ Jewelry 8 December 23rd 03 04:57 AM
Mercury Amalgam Gilding Don Wagner Jewelry 21 November 5th 03 03:15 AM
OT rant -- Stupid Ex hurt Mercury! Dr. Sooz Beads 95 August 24th 03 06:31 AM